Gingerbread.....i want it now !!!!!!!!!!!!

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Ughhh all the speculation of gingerbread coming out is annoying and i want it now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does any one know what the enhancements would be to benefit the TB? Will the GB correct / improve phone performance / battery life? Obviously I will have to wait for the new release......Thank god I dont have any rebooting problems either as i did with my 1st TB......

Ughhh all the speculation of gingerbread coming out is annoying and i want it now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does any one know what the enhancements would be to benefit the TB? Will the GB correct / improve phone performance / battery life? Obviously I will have to wait for the new release......Thank god I dont have any rebooting problems either as i did with my 1st TB......

Supposedly it helps somewhat with battery life. I don't have any reboot problems either, but GB does bring some things I want. Along with better performance, I want it mainly so Netflix can/will release an app and hopefully get a working version of Skype that works on a stock phone.

Froyo on my X had better battery life than GB. But I am getting great battery life on Apex GB now.

I know this is a Tbolt section, I was just giving my opinion on GB.

sent from my ApeX

I just did the gingerbread OTA for my X. I must say I'm impressed with the battery life on GB DX. I came from darkslide which had amazing battery life. I'm hoping for similar results for my TB when GB comes out. I'm very close to flashing a GB Rom for the TB soon. When CM 7 hits actual release I will switch to that Rom.

Im running the MR2.5 radio with liquid gingersense and i have yet to experience a problem. Its pretty cool and the gps and signal have been improved

Supposedly it helps somewhat with battery life. I don't have any reboot problems either, but GB does bring some things I want. Along with better performance, I want it mainly so Netflix can/will release an app and hopefully get a working version of Skype that works on a stock phone.

it helps battery life a great deal bc gb is so much more aggressive when it comes to kiling battery drainers.

There are a ton of updates coming with it posted on all the tech forums just google gingerbread for thunderbolt and you will get a ton of articles about it.

for example: google video chat, pay pass ability ect

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

Want it now? Root and get it

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Want it now? Root and get it

No rooting for me I rather have my warranty. What's the benefit of rooting a device?

Remove bloatware..faster phone..better battery life.. better apps..more functionality ...wireless tether...better GPS lock..no reboots...lockscreen music control ...more control over the device you paid for.
Warranty will give u a refurbished phone. If u brick your phone more than likely it won't boot. Most reps don't know how to tell if u have root or not. Root is not permanent ...u can restore to stock the warranty is garbage anyway

Remove bloatware..faster phone..better battery life.. better apps..more functionality ...wireless tether...better GPS lock..no reboots...lockscreen music control ...more control over the device you paid for.
Warranty will give u a refurbished phone. If u brick your phone more than likely it won't boot. Most reps don't know how to tell if u have root or not. Root is not permanent ...u can restore to stock the warranty is garbage anyway

+1 to rooting! :icon_ banana:

I want gingerbread too. As long as it fixes my reboots, I'm good. Netflix wouldn't hurt. I'm giving Verizon until the 15th, then I'm rooting. I have several reboots per day. Had the phone since April 30th, and a few reboots prior to mr1 update. Hope you guys will help out a rooting newb.

Even a developed gb will be better than ota gb. Gtalk video ...Skype video ..Netflix ...what more could the ota give u. I honestly don't see why some of u don't want to root. Maybe u just don't wanna take the plunge ...don't know what to do afterwards ..or just don't know what ur phone is capable of after rooting. Why wait for Verizon ..they ain't gonna give u what u want even after the ota

And the extreme group that just likes to continually gripe about the injustice vzw put on them and how unacceptable reboots are.

Also add no ads to the list of benefits

636e14ee-02d3-d251.jpg
636e14ee-02e1-b783.jpg
636e14ee-02f1-9d13.jpg
636e14ee-0300-6b6f.jpg
636e14ee-030c-6fe4.jpg

636e14ee-0428-3d52.jpg

Last edited:

Hi yakitori, I'm thinking of rooting. I've had it with waiting for the OTA. I don't have any issues with my TB rebooting but I want netflix etc. I was thinking of using the method in this youtube video: : [video=youtube;yQYoeFrJ1Jk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQYoeFrJ1Jk"]YouTube - How To: Root A HTC Thunderbolt ( Easiest Tutorial / Step by Step )[/video] I'm a newb when it comes to android and rooting so I have a few questions.

1. Would you recommend using that root method in the video?
2. If so, after I root, what is the best gingerbread ROM to use; in your opinion (I remember a couple months ago that there was a GB ROM that was bricking the TBolt. Don't want any part of that one.) I want to make sure I don't lose any functionality when loading a GB ROM; like make sure both camera's work, 4G LTE functions properly, etc.
3. After rooting, what do I need to do to load a GB ROM?

Thanks for any help you can give me...

God bless...

Hi yakitori, I'm thinking of rooting. I've had it with waiting for the OTA. I don't have any issues with my TB rebooting but I want netflix etc. I was thinking of using the method in this youtube video: : [video=youtube;yQYoeFrJ1Jk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQYoeFrJ1Jk"]YouTube - How To: Root A HTC Thunderbolt ( Easiest Tutorial / Step by Step )[/video] I'm a newb when it comes to android and rooting so I have a few questions.

2. If so, after I root, what is the best gingerbread ROM to use; in your opinion (I remember a couple months ago that there was a GB ROM that was bricking the TBolt. Don't want any part of that one.) I want to make sure I don't lose any functionality when loading a GB ROM; like make sure both camera's work, 4G LTE functions properly, etc.

God bless...

Shoot on over to www.thunderboltforums.com
TONS of help and tutorials over there :)

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

God bless...

I have a link to a great step by step instruction ill post when I get home. Its basically copying and pasting. It seems intimidating but once u get started its not bad.

I recommend gingeritis 1.1 or thunderbread when it comes out.

Gb on the tbolt is much more stable than on the d1.

Back