Gingerbread.....i want it now !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok. There is some great information on here, I feel like I have learned a lot, but still very inexperienced. Hopefully this will go over very smoothly.

I downloaded the PG05IMG zip file but how do I place it on the SD card? Or should it automatically save to the SD card?

I downloaded the PG05IMG zip file but how do I place it on the SD card? Or should it automatically save to the SD card?

You plug the phone into your PC. When it asks what type of connection type you want, select "Disk Drive". Your SD card will then be mounted, and you can move the file over to the root of the SD card.

If you really consider yourself non computer saavy, I would caution you greatly before proceeding and ask yourself if you really want to do this. Screw ups, particularly when flashing the new bootloader, have the possibility of bricking your phone. If you still want to proceed make sure you understand every step of the process before starting.

You plug the phone into your PC. When it asks what type of connection type you want, select "Disk Drive". Your SD card will then be mounted, and you can move the file over to the root of the SD card.

The rest of the steps don't seem too bad. But when you say "you can move the file over to the root of the SD card" what does this mean? When I plug my phone in the computer it recognizes it as a removable disk after doing what you said previously, and when I open up the removable disk there are a bunch of subfolders. Is this the root of the SD Card?

I tried to save PG05IMG.zip file and it says it will take two hours to download, does that seem right?

Sorry for all of the questions, and I really appreciate your help.

The rest of the steps don't seem too bad. But when you say "you can move the file over to the root of the SD card" what does this mean? When I plug my phone in the computer it recognizes it as a removable disk after doing what you said previously, and when I open up the removable disk there are a bunch of subfolders. Is this the root of the SD Card?

Yes - you want to move the file on the same "level" as the subfolders.

I tried to save PG05IMG.zip file and it says it will take two hours to download, does that seem right?

It seems way wrong unless you're trying to download it on a dial-up connection.

Sorry for all of the questions, and I really appreciate your help.

No problem.

Ya I am not so sure why it is taking so long. Might just have to wait it out I guess.

Over it, can't get the damn thing to download. Anyone else having this problem??

Over it, can't get the damn thing to download. Anyone else having this problem??

Not sure where you're trying to grab it (or even what you're trying to download, lol) - but I downloaded everything I needed to root last night in a matter of minutes.

Are you using your phone to download the file? If so, it will take a long time if you have a 1x connection. Even a 3G copnnection will take a while (but not two hours). Try downloading on a high speed connection and download it to your computer...then transfer it from the computer to the phone.

BTW...if you are downloading it using the phone's connection then you do not need to mount the SD card yet. It will download to the DOWNLOADs directory and you can use a file manager app to move it from that download directory to the root of the SD card without ever mounting the card or plugging the phone into USB.

Nate

3. Download the following 459MB file to your SD card: PG05IMG_downgrade.zip

• The size of this zip is 459MB - you might want to verify that after it's downloaded.
  • Do not place it in any folders on the SD card --> Just drag and drop it to the card.
Once I click on the link it sends me to Multiupload.com and gives me four options to download, but three of them you have to pay for it looks like. The one that I did click to download (the first one) says it will take 2 hours to download. I have even tried to save it to the C drive to later move over to the root of the SD card. Everything I do says it will take 2 hours. I had it up to 81% downloaded and it just got hung up.

I had originally downloaded it from my phone and it only took a few minutes. What file manager app do you suggest? Thanks for the help guys.

Sorry, just reread. I have been using the computer the whole time to download.

3. Download the following 459MB file to your SD card: PG05IMG_downgrade.zip

• The size of this zip is 459MB - you might want to verify that after it's downloaded.
  • Do not place it in any folders on the SD card --> Just drag and drop it to the card.
Once I click on the link it sends me to Multiupload.com and gives me four options to download, but three of them you have to pay for it looks like. The one that I did click to download (the first one) says it will take 2 hours to download. I have even tried to save it to the C drive to later move over to the root of the SD card. Everything I do says it will take 2 hours. I had it up to 81% downloaded and it just got hung up.

I had originally downloaded it from my phone and it only took a few minutes. What file manager app do you suggest? Thanks for the help guys.

You must have a terrible connection. Not much anyone can do about it.

I am at the office, I can't imagine it would be that bad though. Our speed says it's running at 1.0 Gbps. Maybe I can download to my phone and play around with it and see if I can get it to the sd card.

I am at the office, I can't imagine it would be that bad though. Our speed says it's running at 1.0 Gbps. Maybe I can download to my phone and play around with it and see if I can get it to the sd card.

Your lan speed doesn't have any correlation to your internet connection.

Back