had to get rid of my nexus

Lack of hardware buttons? Cm on guys you are nagging on the phone just for the sake of it.

I tap my phone, the buttons come up, in 80% of the apps they are hidden so the screen real estate argument is shot. There is absolutely no difference in performance between the on screen buttons and capacitive ones. Your just arguing a moot point there.

Yeah, the future of Samsung and Google products. Don't let another manufacturer use that idea. It will be patent wars continued. Don't say Samsung wouldn't do that because they just might. lol.
I think Google would actually PREFER if other phone manufacturers did it actually.

I dont think samsung would get a say. I think it is a Google/ICS thing, not a samsung thing.

Lack of hardware buttons? Cm on guys you are nagging on the phone just for the sake of it.
You really think I am inventing the reasons I didnt buy a nexus? LOL! What possible reason would I have to lie about my own preferences?

I tap my phone, the buttons come up, in 80% of the apps they are hidden so the screen real estate argument is shot.
...and when they are hidden, you do not have direct access to them. Hardware buttons mean you never have to wait for them to come up. They are there immediately, all the time.

There is absolutely non difference between the on screen buttons and capacitive ones. Your just arguing a moot point there.
I think I know my own opinion better than you do. I have actually used a GN...and yeah, it did make a difference IMO.

Soft controls are one of the things I dont like about the iPhone either...but at least the iPhone has a hardware "back" button.

You tell me though...what exactly do software buttons add other than looking cool? How do they make the phone easier to use or more functional?

Last edited:
Yeah the final straw was when i was 2 feet from my router and it could not get wifi. And last night i was trying to stream nfl mobile live radio broadcast and kept getting connection lost. I pop the sim card in my tbolt and it ran flawless. If it was just lte issue my 3g on cdma and wifi would be working fine. But there is obviously some radio issues and I dont know if its large batch of bad phones (because some people saying they not experiencing those issues), or if its software. All i know is I ran out of time waiting for a fix and I had to make a decision and so far I am comforted with the rezound. The rezound is not getting the love it should and part of it was cuz the tbolt got too much love and it burned people early. So people just not sold on the rezound plus htc is not the best with battery life (actually htc just like to put smaller batteries in their phones. Either way I can not believe I have been sleeping on the rezound.

A few minutes ago it was 5ft and now it's 2 ft away from your router. I don't believe you went through 4 Nexi and had the same issues. There are 5 Nexi in my office alone, including mine, and not 1 person has had any issues at all with reception except for the 4G outages at Nexus launch. They were purchased at various times from launch up until 2 weeks ago. We all use wi-fi daily and 3 of us have bluetooth connections in our cars. Not 1 issue with connection besides the 4G outage like I mentioned earlier.

A few minutes ago it was 5ft and now it's 2 ft away from your router. I don't believe you went through 4 Nexi and had the same issues. There are 5 Nexi in my office alone, including mine, and not 1 person has had any issues at all with reception except for the 4G outages at Nexus launch. They were purchased at various times from launch up until 2 weeks ago. We all use wi-fi daily and 3 of us have bluetooth connections in our cars. Not 1 issue with connection besides the 4G outage like I mentioned earlier.
Why is it so hard to believe that he has real issues? Do you think he's the only one who has reported reception issues with the Nexus?

Why is it so hard to believe that he has real issues? Do you think he's the only one who has reported reception issues with the Nexus?

It's not hard to believe. But the fact that he said he had 4 that all had the same issue is BS. I'm going to assume it's an end user issue.

And the soft buttons are the future. Especially going forward beyond ICS. Maybe you should switch the iPhone. It will always have a button for you if you can't figure out how to use soft keys.

Nexus owners, leave the Rezound forum...this is exactly why people lump all Nexus owners into the elitist category...I know for a fact the OP gave the Nexus a real shot. It didn't work for him, let it go. Does it work for you and me? Yes, flawlessly. But issues do exist.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Bad batch maybe. Until that batch is gone they could keep getting bad phones. I know it happened at retailers with the iPad 2.and Galaxy Tab 10.1 and could be the case as well with the Nexus. It is made by Samsung after all, the maker of the bad screens for both the iPad 2 and G Tab

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Kenny I can vouch for pc. He's not one to lie about things. He's a standup guy. We've had many discussions in the back rooms about what he's been going through.

As an FYI we have one Nexus in the office here and it has connection issues. Dropped calls and no data are an everyday occurrence. We go to lunch almost everyday and while there's great coverage here in Austin he is without while i'm holding a strong signal. So, it's not a tower issue.

Hopefully it will be fixed via a software update, but the Charge is still suffering the same problems so it's not looking very promising. It's wait and see right now.

It's not hard to believe. But the fact that he said he had 4 that all had the same issue is BS. I'm going to assume it's an end user issue.
It appears to be sporadic. He's not the first guy I have seen who has had the issue more than once. And yes, there are some people who have not had it at all. But it obviously is real and exists.

And the soft buttons are the future. Especially going forward beyond ICS. Maybe you should switch the iPhone. It will always have a button for you if you can't figure out how to use soft keys.
Well, every Android phone that is not a Nexus has hardware buttons. Including all the phones just now coming out. So I doubt I will be forced to switch t anything, LOL. I think more than one model would have to use them in order for them to be considered "the future", dont you think?

What exactly do soft buttons give you that hardware buttons dont? What benefits do you get from them?

(btw...the GN is much closer to an iphone than any other Android phone right now...yanking hardware buttons and SD expansion...fewer choices is better eh?)

You really think I am inventing the reasons I didnt buy a nexus? LOL! What possible reason would I have to lie about my own preferences?

...and when they are hidden, you do not have direct access to them. Hardware buttons mean you never have to wait for them to come up. They are there immediately, all the time.

I think I know my own opinion better than you do. I have actually used a GN...and yeah, it did make a difference IMO.

Soft controls are one of the things I dont like about the iPhone either...but at least the iPhone has a hardware "back" button.

You tell me though...what exactly do software buttons add other than looking cool? How do they make the phone easier to use or more functional?

One example. I usually use my phone with my left hand. The stock menu soft button is on the right. Being able to add one to the left makes the phone easier to use.
screenshot2012012513085.png

One example. I usually use my phone with my left hand. The stock menu soft button is on the right. Being able to add one to the left makes the phone easier to use.
I agree that is one benefit of soft buttons. IMO it is not worth sacrificing consistency or screen real estate for though.

Dude I dont have to lie about this. And if you check my posts I have been banging for the nexus before it got here. I did not come on here bashing the nexus calling it a crappy device I gave it its due credit. But just because you may not be having radio issues does not mean no one else is. Besides lets not act like this is the first time any one ever complained about a samsung device having radio issues (fascinate, charge, some nexus users). Like I said I realize others may be lucky and never had an issue. But all you have to do is look at my posts in the nexus section, our currents section, and a year ago when I started a petition on here to call about getting a nexus for vzw. So for me to give up a phone I wanted so much that I first paid $700 for at vzw on opening day got to day 15 and had to return it, could not get my money back so had to settle for a credit on my account and still turned around and paid $800+ at best buy and went through 4 phones and waited until day 30, there had to be an reason. And like I said above I was given an ultimatum. In the end things worked out for me because about time I got to the rezound devs got a clean ics port for it.

Last edited:
Back