[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

No you have to script the other slots/vsel values.

My Droids homescreen is smooth at 400mhz on deprimed, what launcher are you using?

I'm using Go Launcher. Sorry for being an noob but how do i go about scripting in the values? Do i just edit one of the files (20overclock?).

I'm not sure of the page but instructions are in this thread.

No 20overclock, no auto loading slots and voltages yet. It does not make sense yet as the information will be changing as I change the kernel.

I found the instructions on page 13 (just in case anyone asks again). Ran it and now its smooooth as butter =) Great work and Thanks!!!

I'm using Go Launcher. Sorry for being an noob but how do i go about scripting in the values? Do i just edit one of the files (20overclock?).

I'm not sure of the page but instructions are in this thread.

No 20overclock, no auto loading slots and voltages yet. It does not make sense yet as the information will be changing as I change the kernel.

I found the instructions on page 13 (just in case anyone asks again). Ran it and now its smooooth as butter =) Great work and Thanks!!!

Thanks for trying the kernel and pointing out the page.

hey prime, have you figured anything out about the 3g drop. bear in nm posted something in the winner build thread about a prop file that i dont understand...

what battery life is everyone getting aroun dhere? i got around 8 hours with android system taking up most of it. . almost 60 percent.

i used to get much higher on froyo, android system never used to take up that much. any idea as to why?

Prime,
Have you heard anything back from RaidZero on whether his recovery issues have been worked out or if it is safe to use?

I haven't talked to him lately, I'm back on CWR for the time being.

I think RZR is safe to an extent but I have never had a issue with CWR. I have had a couple of major issues with RZR.

What issues have you experienced? I made the switch to RZR from CWR a couple weeks ago, and it's been a fine experience. Notably, I haven't tried anything that CWR couldn't do, so it has been mostly a 1:1 exp, nothing gained, nothing lost.

Prime,
Have you heard anything back from RaidZero on whether his recovery issues have been worked out or if it is safe to use?

I think RZR is safe to an extent but I have never had a issue with CWR. I have had a couple of major issues with RZR.

What issues have you experienced? I made the switch to RZR from CWR a couple weeks ago, and it's been a fine experience. Notably, I haven't tried anything that CWR couldn't do, so it has been mostly a 1:1 exp, nothing gained, nothing lost.

The largest issue was none of my nandroid backups restore would boot, a smaller issue was my kernel wouldn't boot repeadeltly even though it was a known good kernel (even other known good kernels wouldn't boot). Wiping/restoring boot was causing issues also.

hey prime, have you figured anything out about the 3g drop. bear in nm posted something in the winner build thread about a prop file that i dont understand...

I have been working on other things this weekend, I will look at it in the next day or two. I am currently about to test a new kernel, will upload shortly after if all is well.

Love your work sir. Small favor though, can I get an 1100mhz slot? My phone ran 1200 for about 24 hours, then went into constant reboots :'(

Deprimed #6 ready for consumption, OP updated to include changes.

Deprimed #6 ready for consumption, OP updated to include changes.

Flashed working well so far with winner 8. Snappy using cm CPU settings 125-550 only.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I have been working on other things this weekend, I will look at it in the next day or two. I am currently about to test a new kernel, will upload shortly after if all is well.
thanks again!

Love your work sir. Small favor though, can I get an 1100mhz slot? My phone ran 1200 for about 24 hours, then went into constant reboots :'(

As mentioned before, you can set the slots and voltages to whatever you want with the Milestone Overclock App and a custom script. If you don't feel like running the scripts to tweak the rest of your slots, just load the app and slide the bar to 1100 MHz and poof - instant 1100 MHz #7 slot. I haven't been running anything above 900 MHz for quite some time and things are fast. At 1200 you are likely just creating heat, CPU stress and battery drain with no noticeable performance benefits. Just my 2/100ths of a dollar :)

Prime,

I think #6 is running even faster. I've been toying with it for the past few hours. Applications are opening almost instantly. Checked load averages just now and actually got 0.00, 0.05 and 0.93. First time I've ever seen 0. This is with rePrimed slots and voltages and no compcache running. Keep them coming!

The largest issue was none of my nandroid backups restore would boot, a smaller issue was my kernel wouldn't boot repeadeltly even though it was a known good kernel (even other known good kernels wouldn't boot). Wiping/restoring boot was causing issues also.

Hmm, that would really be a big problem :-/

Made the jump to deprimed though, running good so far.

EDIT: Can't seem to get compcache running, tried disabling and enabling *after* the kernel was already flashed. I might try flashing with it disabled.

EDIT 2: Disabled, reflashed deprimed #6 with build 8, enabled, still nothing. :-/

Last edited:

Hmm, that would really be a big problem :-/

Made the jump to deprimed though, running good so far.

EDIT: Can't seem to get compcache running, tried disabling and enabling *after* the kernel was already flashed. I might try flashing with it disabled.

EDIT 2: Disabled, reflashed deprimed #6 with build 8, enabled, still nothing. :-/

I haven't been using compcache much lately but I just enabled it for testing purposes. Everything is working here. Try enabling in CM settings, reboot, and then click it again after reboot (even if it is already checked). This worked for me.

Back