[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

Compcache worked for me. I disabled compcache, flashed the new test kernel, rebooted, enabled compcache, then rebooted then typed "free" in terminal and it showed my swap. For me it didn't work until after the reboot. Also I tried typing "compcache start" before the reboot and it just gave me some error (I think it was the same as the one you wrote but I'm not sure). So you get that error in terminal emulator I take it? Did you type "compcache start" or what did you do before the error showed up?

The files for compcache do not exist on my phone. I've flashed and reflashed deprimed a few times while having compcache disabled and such. No joy.

Do you have plenty of free space in /system before flashing? If it is too full the necessary files may not get copied.

Same problem here as maverick. Root explorer shows /system has 8MB free. I do have zram.ko in /system/lib/modules and it's the same size as what's in the kernel zip file.

In terminal, "compcache start" gives a modprobe error. "modprobe: chdir(2.6.32.9): No such file or directory" Is this a BusyBox problem?

While performance is great, I have noticed that benchmark scores have dropped considerably from #5. I'm always wary of putting too much stock in these numbers and rather use them to test my slots and gauge performance between builds. With #5 I was in the low 40s. Now with #6 things don't get much better than the mid 60s. Any idea why they would drop by nearly 50%? Same slots and voltages used.

Sent from my CM7 Droid using DroidForums App

Change the scheduler to deadline and try again:

in scripter preferably run this:

echo deadline > /sys/block/mtdblock0/queue/scheduler
echo deadline > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
echo deadline > /sys/block/dm-0/queue/scheduler
echo deadline > /sys/block/dm-1/queue/scheduler

run test with and without compcache if you use it

The files for compcache do not exist on my phone. I've flashed and reflashed deprimed a few times while having compcache disabled and such. No joy.

Do you have plenty of free space in /system before flashing? If it is too full the necessary files may not get copied.

Same problem here as maverick. Root explorer shows /system has 8MB free. I do have zram.ko in /system/lib/modules and it's the same size as what's in the kernel zip file.

In terminal, "compcache start" gives a modprobe error. "modprobe: chdir(2.6.32.9): No such file or directory" Is this a BusyBox problem?

Do this (in a terminal) to resolve:

Code:
su
bash
sysrw
ln -sf /system/lib/modules /system/lib/modules/2.6.32.9
sysro
compcache stop
handle_compcache
free

After the free command you should see the amount of swap you have enabled in CM settings. Should only do this once, my install script should have done this for you.

*edit*
Its my updater script, I'm sorry about that guys. I will fix when I get home and re-upload.

Ok I've been trying to be faithful to this kernel because of how fast it is, but my D1 has been running super hot. I'd it something I'm doing or is it my phone? I download and install it stock don't even use MSOC

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Ok I've been trying to be faithful to this kernel because of how fast it is, but my D1 has been running super hot. I'd it something I'm doing or is it my phone? I download and install it stock don't even use MSOC

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Try running overclock with my 900mhz script, it lowers the voltage and should produce better results for you.

what script is that is it like a new post or something sorry for being a noob with this! :dry:

prime, i'm getting the same problem. compache stats gives me

cd: can't cd to /sys/block/zram0

zram0 doesnt exist for me. checked with root explorer, and i tried following the advice and deleting cmwallpapers and file manager to try and free up space in system, no go after reflashing, zram0 doesn't exist... i know it works because it worked with version 5 of this kernel... any help would be appreciated.

While performance is great, I have noticed that benchmark scores have dropped considerably from #5. I'm always wary of putting too much stock in these numbers and rather use them to test my slots and gauge performance between builds. With #5 I was in the low 40s. Now with #6 things don't get much better than the mid 60s. Any idea why they would drop by nearly 50%? Same slots and voltages used.

Sent from my CM7 Droid using DroidForums App

Change the scheduler to deadline and try again:

in scripter preferably run this:

echo deadline > /sys/block/mtdblock0/queue/scheduler
echo deadline > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
echo deadline > /sys/block/dm-0/queue/scheduler
echo deadline > /sys/block/dm-1/queue/scheduler

run test with and without compcache if you use it

Ran this in GScpript and get the following error:

stderr: cannot create /sys/block/dm-0/queue/scheduler: directory nonexistent
stderr: cannot create /sys/block/dm-1/queue/scheduler: directory nonexistent

Any ideas?

*edit*
Its my updater script, I'm sorry about that guys. I will fix when I get home and re-upload.

No biggie, I'll update when you get it updated. Honestly, I don't even know if I need compcache right now. Things have been running very well without it.

As an aside, I've never had access to sysrw as a command as far as I know. Is this just a shorthand you guys use? I've always done the long drawn out yaffs2 command if I'm not in Root Explorer where I can just mount rw on its own.

Thank you prime! I usually go back to my build #248 as Ive had various issues with the cm7 nightlys and i thought, why not try your kernel #6 on it. I am running it at 1000/250 and just got my highest score of 1403!!! I will run it all day tomorrow to see how battery life is but Im sure it will be great. Thank you again! See below for proof :0)

2w1rqqd.png

Creating the symlink to /system/lib/modules/2.6.32.9 mentioned a few posts back fixed compcache here. Running winner00's 8-3 with milestone overclock at 1200 with custom 300-1200 slots and vsels and it flies. I have never broken 1600 on quadrant before with any rom / kernel combo. Wifi seems really fast too. Thanks for the hard work Prime!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Compcache works if you repair the broken symlink using Prime's instructions. For some reason "sysrw" didn't work for me so I resorted to using mount -o remount,rw...

On the other hand, you can wait for him to fix his updater script.

Compcache works if you repair the broken symlink using Prime's instructions. For some reason "sysrw" didn't work for me so I resorted to using mount -o remount,rw...

On the other hand, you can wait for him to fix his updater script.

please elaborate for us who dont know all these commands

Back