LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

I recently installed launcher pro beta (which I love) and removed home++ which I had been using for some time. I've also installed the latest update for launcher pro.

As part of this change I added some live wallpaper. Funny thing is that my phone (droid) will just spontaneously revert back to the background I was using with home++. The live wallpaper will work for a short time, then I'll turn my phone on and, voila, old background. I can't even find this old background anywhere on my phone to delete it.

I have no idea why my phone is doing this and how I can delete this rogue background from replacing my live wallpaper.

Any advice is much appreciated.

What does this launcher have over helix 1? With helix you can choose your static shortcuts and have a true 3d app drawer. Guess I don't see the wow factor compared to what's out there

One think I prefer with Launcher Pro over Helix and, admittedly its pure aesthetics, is the mono-colored launcher bar icons. It helps to differentiate the launcher bar icons from the page body icons.

Swithched from Helix to LauncherPro after donating to helix to get latest buid. LP is definitely the way to go. As with everyone else, once we are able to switch programs in dock this will be a 5 star app

for a majority of people who have tried it (based on comments, and myself included) it's been significantly faster/snappier than helix1 or 2. It's not faster than ADW for me, but for those that aren't rooted or are running rooted stock, it's a very close 2nd

I didn't see this asked yet but I know with helix and all the other launchers when you put widgets on any screen other than the "middle" 3 screens you get alot more force closes. Is this true on this launcher pro as well?

I have 5 screens with widgets on #3 (main screen) and #1 (far left-1 past the main 3 screens) and I've had zero FCs. I've been using it since release.

I definitely agree with the speed and reliability of this. So far no problems. I think I'd rather have the home button take me to my main page rather than the cards layout. Other than that its great.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

According to his web site, customized dock buttons will be coming soon, in about a week. Been running with this launcher for the past 3 days and love it. Seems much faster to me than Helix1 and I have not experienced any lag. Running BB v1 with 800MhZ LV kernel.

I definitely agree with the speed and reliability of this. So far no problems. I think I'd rather have the home button take me to my main page rather than the cards layout. Other than that its great.

Theres an update available. One of the fixes is an option for the home button to take you to the default page first.

Got the latest update that allows "auto rotation to landscape". Has anyone else noticed that it lags when in that setting? I unchecked it so it doesn't rotate and its back to being super snappy and fast.

Is that just a problem with Android because I seem to have had that with all the launchers running auto landscape?

Got the latest update that allows "auto rotation to landscape". Has anyone else noticed that it lags when in that setting? I unchecked it so it doesn't rotate and its back to being super snappy and fast.

Is that just a problem with Android because I seem to have had that with all the launchers running auto landscape?

I have no lag in landscape.

It lags when it rotates or everything is laggy when in ls? A little bit of lag when rotating is probably normal. I actually prefer it to not auto rotate so I turned that off right away.

It lags when it rotates or everything is laggy when in ls? A little bit of lag when rotating is probably normal. I actually prefer it to not auto rotate so I turned that off right away.

It lags a little when rotating but also would randomly take a few seconds to load short cuts and widgets when coming from a program or from sleep.

I do have "try to keep launcher in memory" checked.

When I take auto landscape off it seems perfect so I am happy that way...but wondered if I was alone...

It lags a little when rotating but also would randomly take a few seconds to load short cuts and widgets when coming from a program or from sleep.

When I take auto landscape off it seems perfect so I am happy that way...but wondered if I was alone...
Where did you find this option? :icon_eek:

Where did you find this option? :icon_eek:

Its in the app "Spare Parts"...bottom option. I think you should have it because your signature says cyanogen... The option was missing when I was using Pete's BB though.

Ah, I'm not sure how that option actually works but it MIGHT only do it using a stock launcher (or at least a launcher that is renamed to the stock filename). So that may explain it.

Or it might use the current default home and in that case should keep LP in memory. Hmm interesting.

Back