LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

Someone needs to make one of these that copies of one your existing home applications... takes me forever to add everything exactly the way I like it...

You can change what the bottom ICONs run but not how they look. I chose Handcent and it goes there now.

I don't remember my Droid being this fast when I bought it. Everything is faster - programs launching, screens moving - this blows everything out of the water. It's almost like having Froyo... :)

I have not found that option, how can I do that?

I just selected it and it asked me which app... I selected Handcent. It doesn't give me that option with browsers but I only use stock.

I really like it. The only complaints are:
1. obviously i'd like to be able to customize the dock like many launchers
2. when I hit home, if i'm in a app, it goes to the last page visited and not the default panel. I wish it just went back to the default panel like everything else does.
3. I wish the loading of the app page was faster. I know some like the effect aspect but I wish it just showed up as quickly as possible

Overall though, the speed of this launcher is wonderful. I like the sense preview page setup and it does support pinching on the screen like HTC sense 2.1 to bring it up or pressing the home key a second time

You can change what the bottom ICONs run but not how they look. I chose Handcent and it goes there now.

I don't remember my Droid being this fast when I bought it. Everything is faster - programs launching, screens moving - this blows everything out of the water. It's almost like having Froyo... :)

The buttons can be reassigned to replacement apps. The first time I clicked the phone icon, it had me choose between the Phone app, and DialerOne, which I primarily use. Same with the Browser button, it let me choose Dolphin.

This Launcher is the fastest I've ever seen. I just switched to it from Helix 1, and I'm keeping it.

You are so correct,,, and omg is this a blazing fast launcher.. Im going to keep it as my main for a while...

Running TC @1 ghz and army rangers theme...

sure do love the Sence feel to the home button... Smooth as silk...

Here's a wonderful video: [video=youtube;l9meIwHR9QM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9meIwHR9QM]YouTube - LauncherPro Beta: The best, smoothst and fastest Launcher for Android![/video]

thanks for the heads up this rocks and is my default home screen now dancedroid

Just read some reviews... one says this launcher does not support landscape/screen rotation?

Can someone confirm please. That is one thing I like about Helix... being able to use it in the desk/car docks.

Just read some reviews... one says this launcher does not support landscape/screen rotation?

Can someone confirm please. That is one thing I like about Helix... being able to use it in the desk/car docks.

Well from what I am seeing, Auto Rotate does not work on the home screens unless you open the keyboard. Maybe i am missing something.

I too have made this my default. The docked icons dont bother me and those are some of what Id put on my home screen anyway. Just wish they were a different color.

Its fast and I love the home screen switcher using the home button, I just leave that up on the screen so when I return to the phone I can just tap the screen I want.

And this is Beta, so I hope the Dev comes along and makes some changes from our input.

Has anybody updated to the new version available in the market. No changelog was available. You still can't change the shortcut icons. When you are in the app drawer and press the home button, it goes back to the previous screen you were on instead of going to the screen choices.

It also appears to launch the app drawer slightly slower. I have both updated directly, and then uninstalled and reinstalled the launcher. I still think I will use it over Helix 1 1.4 for at least one more day. It just seemed a little faster yesterday.

The buttons can be reassigned to replacement apps. The first time I clicked the phone icon, it had me choose between the Phone app, and DialerOne, which I primarily use. Same with the Browser button, it let me choose Dolphin.

This Launcher is the fastest I've ever seen. I just switched to it from Helix 1, and I'm keeping it.

Just to clarify the issue of reassigning the bottom row of buttons. While LauncherPro does apparently allow one to assign alternate defaults to the icons, what it does not do is enable one to change the individual functions of the icons (or the icons, themselves) on the bottom row.

For example, I seldom use text messaging. On Helix, one of my bottom row icons is a shortcut constructed from FolderOrganizer for all of my communication apps including messaging, email, contacts, etc. Another is a set of calendar and agenda apps. When I touch one of these icons, I get a panel of apps in each category.

No criticism necessarily implied here. Just a feature I wouldn't want to give up in Helix.

Just to clarify the issue of reassigning the bottom row of buttons. While LauncherPro does apparently allow one to assign alternate defaults to the icons, what it does not do is enable one to change the individual functions of the icons (or the icons, themselves) on the bottom row.

For example, I seldom use text messaging. On Helix, one of my bottom row icons is a shortcut constructed from FolderOrganizer for all of my communication apps including messaging, email, contacts, etc. Another is a set of calendar and agenda apps. When I touch one of these icons, I get a panel of apps in each category.

No criticism necessarily implied here. Just a feature I wouldn't want to give up in Helix.

I personally would like the Shortcuts to be customizable cause when i was using HELIX 1, i used Folders for my sticky apps. Just made it so much easier
I would def rock this as no 1 over Helix if that becomes the next feature.

Back