LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

This one is definitely one of the fastest I've tried, and I agree with some of the others... Aside from changing the icons a little bit, these are essentially the ones I use anyway (phone, MMS, web) in Helix. Helix 1.4B is pretty damn fast too, so it'll be a toss-up on which one I keep.

If this one gets updated a little bit it can definitely be a contender.

Been using LauncherPro over the weekend (BB 1.0, 1ghz LV) and it is super fast. 5 screens with 14 widgets running. Using a "lag test" app I found on Droid Life it registers the same number of fps as Helix 1. Definitely like the speed and "home" option of Launcher, but love the customizable persistent apps of Helix. Going to be a toss up in terms of which one wins out.

Been using LauncherPro over the weekend (BB 1.0, 1ghz LV) and it is super fast. 5 screens with 14 widgets running. Using a "lag test" app I found on Droid Life it registers the same number of fps as Helix 1. Definitely like the speed and "home" option of Launcher, but love the customizable persistent apps of Helix. Going to be a toss up in terms of which one wins out.

I agree that it is a toss up between the two. I prefer the customizable shortcuts of Helix, but like the screen chooser of LauncherPro better. I also prefer the app drawer of LauncherPro, but could live without out it. As soon as the developer makes the apps customizable, this should be the top launcher IMO. The speed of both seems pretty comparable (LauncherPro vs. Helix 1 1.4).

I will probably still keep Helix and just use HomeSwitcher so that I can have different themes.

I am running these on BB 1.0 with 800mhz low voltage kernel and don't particularly experience lag with either one.

This and ADW are absolutely awesome in terms of speed. ruqqq has some serious competition! :)

Someone needs to make one of these that copies of one your existing home applications... takes me forever to add everything exactly the way I like it...

YES. I usually have a lot of icons between 5 screens and I'm tired of having to always set it back up.

You can't interact w/ lwp's. But I don't even use those. And an option to change the shorcuts would be nice. But other than that, it's nice. It will stay my default for a while.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

If we get that option I keep it.

So far tag home is better to me :icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

I liked the categories on tag home and a couple other things but the drawer is fugly.

wow how is this thing so fast haha...very nice launcher...but yeah i'm sticking with helix until we get the customizable dock shortcuts. I see no need to have a phone icon and a contacts icon. That's redundant since you can easily get to your contacts once you're in your dialer app. But the speed is ridiculous. Especially the app drawer.

I'm sure it has been mentioned somewhere in this thread, but for those wanting customizable shortcuts - try adwlauncher. It is relatively new and allows two visible, customized shortcuts and six others that are easy to get to. Blazing fast too... It has quite a few options to customize everything else too. I don't think it's in the Market yet. I'm rooted, but not sure if it's a requirement.

I'm sure it has been mentioned somewhere in this thread, but for those wanting customizable shortcuts - try adwlauncher. It is relatively new and allows two visible, customized shortcuts and six others that are easy to get to. Blazing fast too... It has quite a few options to customize everything else too. I don't think it's in the Market yet. I'm rooted, but not sure if it's a requirement.

I believe ADW requires root.

ADW is indeed another great alternative. Right now I like LauncherPro a bit better and the dev is inspired by the positive feedback and is working on customizable docked apps, etc.

Tried it, didnt like it. This is so smooth and fast I can live w/o the customizable options of the others until this is updated.

I also didn't like ADW for some reason. It does have a lot of features but I just didn't like it for some reason.

and from the developers page, he is working on customization of dock icons.

Update: LauncherPro Beta v0.1.1

May 16th

Posted by Federico in Updates
26 comments

This is a minor update that fixes a bug where widgets wouldn’t update after changing the number of home screens.
As a side note, many people pointed out the lack of interactivity with Live Wallpapers. This has been fixed and will be released soon.
Also, tons of people are asking to be able to customize the shortcuts in the bottom bar. Worry not, I’m already working on this
icon_wink.gif

and from the developers page, he is working on customization of dock icons.

Update: LauncherPro Beta v0.1.1

May 16th

Posted by Federico in Updates
26 comments

This is a minor update that fixes a bug where widgets wouldn’t update after changing the number of home screens.
As a side note, many people pointed out the lack of interactivity with Live Wallpapers. This has been fixed and will be released soon.
Also, tons of people are asking to be able to customize the shortcuts in the bottom bar. Worry not, I’m already working on this
icon_wink.gif

ahh
thanks bam..very good news.
I want to continue to use this home app.

Back