Motorola Droid Battery Life Poll

i unplug at 6am, start listening to pandora nonstop till about noon, then again 1 to 3. if i dont stop at 3 my phone is dead by 330. by the time i get home around 6 my batt is pretty much dead. i turn everything else off pretty much except for phone service and text periodically throughout the day. basically i have to stop using my phone at 3 in order for it to survive till i get home in case i need it for something.

Not real pleased with battery life , seems to run out rather quickly .
I would say I am a average user , browse , text , play a game or two .
I voted 6 to 7 hrs .

It's a real drag to have to tote my battery charger everywhere. Isn't there a battery out there that last longer than 7-9 hr for moderate use?

I never let my phone get below 50% battery. I use it a lot for phone (imagine that, it's a phone too?!) as well as texting, email and surfing. I have a charger and docking station in my office. When I am not using it, I plug into the docking station. When I get in my car, I plug into my car charger. At night, I plug into the wall. As well as turning off WiFi and Bluetooth when not in use as well as ATK paid version and low brightness on the screen, power management has not been an issue so far. The extended battery is just too ugly to consider. LOVE MY DROID!!!

I was on the go all day Saturday at the AEE out in Vegas and I used the cr*p out of this phone from calls to photos, videos, and constant updating of Facebook while receiving text notifications on responses. I got up to 8 pm where I was at 20% remaining and I managed to retain usage through 3 am with normal usage. Very Nice. Plus indoors the entire time where signal strength varied. I would say that's excellent. No way in hell could I do that with the iPhone 3G I had in 2008.

I consider myself a moderate user and I only get about 10 or so hours.

I dont let mine go below 50% often, mainly because Im always syncing it to the comp to get a new wallpaper or something. But I think I go about 16-20 hours before I see it in the red again.

People really get over 37 hours on one charge? Whats their secret?

light usage and i get 7-8 hours. New Droid coming today. I will post my updated results next week.

I'm sorry but this is a bad poll. I can go a full 10 hour day at work and still have 90% left when I get home, or if I'm home and bored I can kill the battery in 4 hours. Battery life is all dependant no how you use the phone. So a poll like this will get us nowhere.

It would make more sense to just have a poll asking if you're happy with the battery life or not.

I actually proposed this poll and in my proposition asked him to add usage details.

It would have been better to add two or three options per range of hours, i.e.:

7-9 hours w/ light use
7-9 hours w/ moderate use
7-9 hours w/ heavy data use

Or a second poll immediately below with how you use your phone, though that would be hard to tie into the first poll if they were separated.

More options would have been better.

Unplug at 7AM, moderate usage through the day but need to recharge when I get home around 6PM.

Full day light use leaves my battery bars at about half. I'm good with that for a new phone with a big screen.

My Droid is amazing in battery. I do a fair amount in everything probably average. I use app killers and things though so after I finish a game or any app I go to the program and kill it and I found this saves like 20%. I have about 40% from 5:30 til 9:30 without charging.
DROID

Back