New baseband too??

Okay, I've installed the new baseband even though I'm still running a 2.1 version of Bugless Beast.

The install went fine although I did run into problems with reactivation. I was doing it late last night and from what I gather Verizon was doing some maintenance at the same time that interfered with activation. When I got up this morning activation went fine.

First impressions:

Wifi is definitely better. I've got a room in my house in which I've always had trouble maintaining connection to my router. The connection was rock solid after the update although it still showed as fairly weak. Only one line above the dot in the wifi icon.

3G might be better. Hard to tell for sure. It seems more stable but I wasn't having that much trouble with it before. I'll know more after I go down to the local card room this Wednesday. I always have trouble maintaining a 3G connection there.

And if you keep telling your wife your phone don't work at the card room, we will all swear by it!!

Will I have to setup the phone themes and home screen again if I flash this?

Sorry, I would have answered this sooner, but I thought, since I type slow, I would be outpaced...

NO, you will not need to install apps or set up screens again.
I just did it and all I had to do was try to program 2 times.
(It said "cannot activate" the first time... the *22899 fixed me up)

Sorry, I would have answered this sooner, but I thought, since I type slow, I would be outpaced...

NO, you will not need to install apps or set up screens again.
I just did it and all I had to do was try to program 2 times.
(It said "cannot activate" the first time... the *22899 fixed me up)

Cool thank you

SWEET! Phone is running faster on 3G! i guess we needed this to be able to use flash without WiFi because my FLASH was laggy as hell and slowed down my phone... it also made it drop from full 3G to 1x... so far everything seems good and fast!

Got the baseband downloaded, but nervous about the SS# bit. Is anyone else having this pop up? Im not concerned about the #, (VZW already has it), but Im worried about them tracking what I have done to my phone. What do you guys think?
I did not get asked for a SS#, but it did tell me something on the lines of
"If you are switching to a new phone, please power down this device and power up the new device and dial *228 on the new device to activate. Otherwise, please wait."

Waited for about 3 seconds then it started doing it's thing and then said "Please wait while we gather some information"

Listened to the 'on-hold' music for about 15 seconds then was told "Your phone has been programmed successfully."

And that was that :)

Honestly haven't seen any immediate improvements but only time will tell.

+1... exactly what happened to me.

So wait does this update my non rooted droid to 2.2 ordid I misread sumthing an if this won't update it to 2.2 for none root can some one show where to do that if its possible.

I am just wondering if anyone has seen any negative "side affects" after the install of the new baseband, if it seems the same, or better?

I know this doesnt make sense but my 3g signal dropped off considerably with the new baseband. Not sure why that would happen though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I guess the only real way to find out is to try it yourself since everyone has different results

Here are my results from work where my connection is not so good, before I updated, just to see, I loaded tnt.tv and my connection dropped to 1X, after the baseband update I loaded the same web page with constant 3G

I did 4 speed tests via the market app before updating and my best was 238kbps download and 618kbps upload
After the update my speed test was 548kbps download and 918kbps upload

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

Since installing this last night i've noticed my phone reboot for no reason 3x, maybe more while I was asleep. I never noticed it reboot inself before in the 3 or 4 months i've had it.

Back