New baseband too??

My nearest tower is almost 70 miles away.

I had the understanding that CDMA Towers have a limited distance of 30-45 miles on flat terrain.

updated to the Froyo baseband and activated the normal way by just pressing 1. 3g is there so far. Ran a speedtest got 998 down 668 up. The up is actually better than my dumb Time Warner.

all good here after getting re-activated. my signal went from around -53 in my house to -78 call quality is the same but my 3g download is much better, went from about 700-750 Mps to now 1507, better than my qwest dsl, flash is fine all seems good thus far. downloads on market are blazing.
dancedroid

all good here after getting re-activated. my signal went from around -53 in my house to -78 call quality is the same but my 3g download is much better, went from about 700-750 Mps to now 1507, better than my qwest dsl, flash is fine all seems good thus far. downloads on market are blazing.
dancedroid

that would be kilobits not Mps of course, my bad

Just updated.... it went from 3 bars to 4 bars and is now staying at 4 bars instead of fluctuating between 2 and 3 bars... also my wifi seems to be better..

Im starting to get annoyed with the flucuations with my number of bars but i guess i cant complain i had a constent 1 bar before. now its usually 2 but it will range from 1-5 without moving it. were my speedtests normal?

dunno if it has anything to do with the update.... but this morning setcpu icon is the default android app icon and the phone will no longer charge when on. coincidence?

My phone won't charge when on if it gets too hot; anything hotter than about 43*C. Noticed this during some extended driving and it was sitting in the car dock in the sun.

Can this be run as an update.zip on a 2.1 ROM? and also if I then upgrade to Froyo does the baseband stay the same

Used to be 1 bar in my room now its 3-4. 4 most of the time. Yeaaaaaaahhh! Droid wins.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Installed the New Baseband, I live WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out in the country, so hopefully this helps out a lil bit

Are there any apps out there custom or otherwise that will show me exactly which cell tower I'm connected to?

Back