New baseband too??

+1 for *22899. I was being asked for ph#, SSN, and getting the void warranty message to. After all that it would transfer me to a rep and wouldn't program the phone. *22899 works like a charm

+1 for *22899. I was being asked for ph#, SSN, and getting the void warranty message to. After all that it would transfer me to a rep and wouldn't program the phone. *22899 works like a charm

I updated and it was asking for my phone number and stuff and was I think connecting me to VZW... I hung up.

Did *22899 which seemed to work but my 3G went away. Restored a nandroid via clockwork and all is well again and the new baseband seems to have stayed.

So back up before you do this (or anything really). Will have to see if there is any inprovement.

Okay. Speed test results!

Typically, my home is VERY SLOW data wise, although other parts of the city are fine.

Before baseband update:
207 kbps down, 322 up

After baseband update:

684 kbps down, 449 up

I like this change lol

I'm hoping this fixes the 3g fluctuation that I seemed to have with the last baseband update. So far it hasnt moved off of 5 bars!

why does the op say froyo for non-root users? i thought it was root only.

Okay. Speed test results!

Typically, my home is VERY SLOW data wise, although other parts of the city are fine.

Before baseband update:
207 kbps down, 322 up

After baseband update:

684 kbps down, 449 up

I like this change lol

Uh... ha. Wow. New numbers...

1334 kbps down and 679 up. Holy crap, that's better than the local cheap DSL.

^Thats a good question. I have the last 2 basebands plus this one now on my PC.

why does the op say froyo for non-root users? i thought it was root only.
I think the OP is stating that FroYo for non-root users is here.
Not the radio upgrade.
Basically saying..."WOW! We have FroYo for root users. WOW! We have FroYo for non-root users!"
"What else could we possibly get?!?!"

"A Baseband update!"

But the base band is only for root users.
I'm curious though, if the babseband upgrade could be installed just like the non-root version of FroYo??
I wouldn't recommend it until someone with more knowledge can chime in on this one.

I used the file in the OP to update my baseband and a few things I'll note:

1. *22899 is money. I'll be using that regardless of what phone I'm activating from now on.

2. My signal strength was -88 to -89 dBm before AND after the update.

3. I haven't noticed any real difference yet, for the all of 5 minutes I've had the update, but I assume it's just a minor update. I bet I will get a very slight, but probably unnoticeable increase in signal quality.

I just did this. It worked perfectly. It said something about a new phone from an old, but I pressed 1 like usual, and it went right through, no ssn or phone number. I have a slight signal improvement(3 bars, now 4).

This seems to work differently for different people... I had a more typical 1.3MB down / .4MB up with original.. with New best is 1MB down / .9MB up...

Getting 2Mbps download which is up from ~1.7Mbps down before this baseband update. My upload speeds stayed around the same at .6-.7Mbps. I was using speedtest.net app for these readings. What is everyone else getting?

Back