NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
best thing that could happen would be to delay it until there is a choice of LTE phones. It would protect me from making a decision I will probably regret in a few months. If I only had willpower!! The good news is I no longer care so I am getting much more done in my life now!

Best Buy no longer has restocking fee's for anything...They were sued last year for it and now they don't do it on any items. You can exchange your phone, within 30 days of original sales date. 45 days if your a premier member. Before getting the Droid X to tide me over until the T-Bolt, I clearly stated my plan with the mobile manager and he said it was fine.

reference:
Best Buy Store Exchange & Return Policy - Best Buy

So still nothing yet yeah? Does that mean we should assume it's not coming this week?

I would assume, BestBuy would get shipment on wednesday at the latest...so if we haven't heard anything by Wednesday night, I would assume next week, rinse and repeat until you finally get one.

Well yeah but I kind of expect VZW to make some sort of announcement before anyone is selling them. I guess a silent release isn't out of the question. That would be pretty "#sneaky"

Not to second guess the mods, but why was the other thread closed? Did I miss something because of stupid work?

Sent from my Eris

Jumping the gun. Didn't want it to get out of hand. Light blows from one to another but nothing i would have closed it down for...but thats not my call...and don't want it to be. It's a freakin' phone people (and not all that great IMO) The "real deal" phones are coming! The TB is just a teaser phone

I think what actually happened is someone with some common sense noticed that the poll was already outdated so they created a new one. When that happened I think the mod decided to close the old thread and open a new one.

Now the reason we don't leave them both open is because it gets to be nothing but repetitive posts. It simply doesn't make sense to have more then one thread open at a time on it.

Plus as husker mentioned, some of you are losing your minds over this phone….this way we can keep an eye on you in one spot. ;)

to be fair it is going to be an amazing phone for whoever gets it. if i didn't get the incredible i would get this phone the day it's released then get cases and extended batteries as they became available. i think it would have been better if this phone came out last year as 3g with a 4.3 screen and ffc... a lot of people would have been satisified by now

to be fair it is going to be an amazing phone for whoever gets it. if i didn't get the incredible i would get this phone the day it's released then get cases and extended batteries as they became available. i think it would have been better if this phone came out last year as 3g with a 4.3 screen and ffc... a lot of people would have been satisified by now

I wonder how well 3G could serve a ffc application like video chat.

This phone has come at a perfect time! Those of us who did not hop on the smartphone band wagon right away now want on but don't want outdated and soon to be EOL phones. Therefore we wait for this new toy of 4G. When unofficial stuff gets pushed back, nonetheless it is still further out so we rage! Haha :)

And when Verizon's facebook tells us to calm down and acts like we are 8 year olds, we rage more and wish they would just tell us! Which brings me to the point of annoyance. Tech fans without smart phones that are being played with over this new phone. I've come to accept the fact that it will come out the 10 :( But this is why we lose our minds!

OT: if they do a silent release, that means I can just waltz on into a store and say "hey, I want the thunderbolt!" ??

with 4g the phone can video chat anytime anywhere... with 3g you probably would have needed wifi to video chat. that could be the same situation if the thunderbolt is running on 3g but i honestly have no idea

Not to second guess the mods, but why was the other thread closed? Did I miss something because of stupid work?

Sent from my Eris

Jumping the gun. Didn't want it to get out of hand. Light blows from one to another but nothing i would have closed it down for...but thats not my call...and don't want it to be. It's a freakin' phone people (and not all that great IMO) The "real deal" phones are coming! The TB is just a teaser phone

If by real deal you mean locked down bootloaders, you are correct. THAT is what I consider a teaser.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

This phone has come at a perfect time! Those of us who did not hop on the smartphone band wagon right away now want on but don't want outdated and soon to be EOL phones. Therefore we wait for this new toy of 4G. When unofficial stuff gets pushed back, nonetheless it is still further out so we rage! Haha :)

And when Verizon's facebook tells us to calm down and acts like we are 8 year olds, we rage more and wish they would just tell us! Which brings me to the point of annoyance. Tech fans without smart phones that are being played with over this new phone. I've come to accept the fact that it will come out the 10 :( But this is why we lose our minds!

OT: if they do a silent release, that means I can just waltz on into a store and say "hey, I want the thunderbolt!" ??

I guess as soon as the phone is released it should be available at verizonwireless.com....I hope so since I'm going to use my 'new every two' upgrade to get this phone cheaper online. I am using the upgrade from my wife's line and transfering to my line (like I did with hers when she got her Blackberry...used upgrade from my line as I waited for better smartphones to come out). Anyway, I just don't trust anyone in the stores. I only go in to put my hands on the test models.

It would be so nice to wake up on Thursday and hear about the Thunderbolt release. While everyone is rushing Best Buy and Verizon stores I will be ...CLICK....CLICK....CLICKING. I usually get my phones the next day when buying online.

with 4g the phone can video chat anytime anywhere... with 3g you probably would have needed wifi to video chat. that could be the same situation if the thunderbolt is running on 3g but i honestly have no idea

That was my implication I guess. A ffc needing wifi is just an iPhone. It screams the need for 4G. I suppose I was suggesting a link between the ffc and the delay to put 4G radios in the TB.

Well only 3G I have done with video chat was Tango on my D1.. Yeah it worked fine with wifi outside of turning the camera around and stuff. was more fun just to say I did it.. 3G.. ehh not to hot.. Really choppy.. It worked, but really not usable..

That was my implication I guess. A ffc needing wifi is just an iPhone. It screams the need for 4G. I suppose I was suggesting a link between the ffc and the delay to put 4G radios in the TB.

i only guessed those things, i dont know for sure. if the phone comes out this week 100% confirmed information will be released shortly before. same goes if the phone is released in the middle of the month. i'm curious so i hope the phone is out sooner instead of later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back