NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note.. just went to Verizon.. First the Xoom owners.. I ENVY YOU.. that is one nice piece of hardware.. Second I got to hold the demo of the TB.. took all I had not to run out the store.. even though it is not working I could still say I had it.. sort of.. lol. It is nice. Heavy, but not for the size of the phone. Holding that really makes the wait harder..

Another thing the rep I was talking to said he goes on vacation tomorrow. He will be back on the 14th. He said that he will be getting his TB when he gets back.. Still no date I know, but that of course falls into the now until the 10th rumor..

Get's pretty bad when you start accepting information from Verizon employees into the rumor equation.

Get's pretty bad when you start accepting information from Verizon employees into the rumor equation.

If only Paul the world cup octopus was still alive to predict the release we wouldn't have to probe mindless vzw employees for info.

Just came from my VZW corp store addressing another issue (VZ Hub. Please shoot me) when the Fed Ex man came in with a hand truck full of boxes. I seriously considered tackling him for a second to see what he had. Then I came to my senses. I think I need help now :p

So you came to your SENSEs huh?? Sorry guys.. been one of those days.. guess with the time it is now and still nothing from Verizon that 10th date is looking better each day.. time for a good ol silent launch to make my week complete..

I found a demo (2 in fact) at my local BB over the weekend. Nice looking phone! Of course I couldn't get my son to put down the iPhone - he thought it was cool...I said no it ain't! See this lightning bolt....THAT'S COOL!!

Verizon CFO: Tiered Data Plans Coming “Mid-summer” - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Maybe a 2-year contract sounds like a better idea now? Get in on a TB before summer at the $30 unlimited price, and keep same pricing longer than those who get 1 year contracts.

That's a good point. Plus, the ThunderBolt is future-proof at least in terms of cellular technology, being the first LTE phone and all. Sure, in a year or two there could be phones with 10-12MP cameras and 2Ghz dual-core CPUs... but their data won't be any faster.

Verizon CFO: Tiered Data Plans Coming “Mid-summer” - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Maybe a 2-year contract sounds like a better idea now? Get in on a TB before summer at the $30 unlimited price, and keep same pricing longer than those who get 1 year contracts.

Question in general. Being a primary line holder on large account I was able to upgrade every year even though I was on two year contracts. Does this still apply?

Nope. Annual upgrade is gone since Jan 16th 2011.. When you sign a new contract if you sign 2 year you will have to go 20 months before upgrade. 1 year contract goes 10 months..

Search the threads there are plenty here about the new upgrade policy for Verizon.. :)

To clarify.. annual upgrade is gone once you sign a new contract. If you are up for the annual now then you are good to use it, just going forward it will change...

Question in general. Being a primary line holder on large account I was able to upgrade every year even though I was on two year contracts. Does this still apply?

Nope. Annual upgrade is gone since Jan 16th 2011.. When you sign a new contract if you sign 2 year you will have to go 20 months before upgrade. 1 year contract goes 10 months..

Search the threads there are plenty here about the new upgrade policy for Verizon.. :)

To clarify.. annual upgrade is gone once you sign a new contract. If you are up for the annual now then you are good to use it, just going forward it will change...
Annual upgrade is not gone, nor has VZW said it was going away. The NE2 credit is gone and contract length changed, but anyone can go right now and buy any device (dunno bout the iPhone) on a 1yr contract. You just pay more up front.

I think you will get to use that early upgrade one more time, but not after you renew your contract again because they are discontinuing that program from my understanding. Log onto your verizonwireless.com online account and go to upgrade phone to see if you are currently eligible (it will tell you which lines can get discounted pricing for a new phone, and which must pay full price).

That's a good point. Plus, the ThunderBolt is future-proof at least in terms of cellular technology, being the first LTE phone and all. Sure, in a year or two there could be phones with 10-12MP cameras and 2Ghz dual-core CPUs... but their data won't be any faster.

It comes down to whether you would rather be grandfathered into the cheaper data for an extra year (and be forced to keep same phone for 2 years), or you would rather be able to upgrade at a discounted price to a new phone after a year (and pay more for data). Both could be good options for certain people, depending on their needs/wants. The way smartphone technology progresses, this phone will probably be relatively outdated sometime within 6 months-1 year, but still be good enough with LTE, its processor, and rooting + customization to last 2 years if you don't always need the latest and greatest.

Thanks Rage for the comments.. Actually annual upgrade is gone.. That is when you have a 2 year contract and you upgrade after only one year at the subsidized cost. If you sign a one year contract then it is over in a year and you sign a new contract. That is a new contract not an annual upgrade..

Me personally looking to hopefully lock in a TB with unlimited data.. of course that could change once this thing goes live, but all signs pointing to that.. I will take the 2 years no upgrade for the cheaper data plan myself...

With the rumor of "mid summer" tiered data is anyone going to go from a 1 year contract to a 2 year?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back