NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
From this article it looks like the Thunderbolt will have the new data price structure, whatever it is, once it launches:

Verizon: HTC Thunderbolt coming 'very shortly,' LTE tiered pricing too | ZDNet

My bet is on keeping the $30 per month but adding significant overage fees for LTE only. Probably some down-throttling thrown into the mix as well:icon_evil: My guess is that they will keep unlimited 3G for the time being though.

Also, new rumor: Verizon delayed the Thunderbolt so that they could get their price structure finalized. They would need actuaries and statisticians to figure out stuff and that takes lots of time. I want to see this rumor posted as fact on every tech site by tomorrow morning. :p

but you should be grandfathered in anyway even when you upgrade from the tb in a year or two. as long as you don't change your plan. like minutes...ect.... right?

I want some of what Fran is smokin. $50-$80 per month for LTE. There is no way I can justify an extra $20 to $50 per month for data unless that includes teathering. I find that hard to swallow for work purposes. There is no way the average joe can justify that in this economy. They really need to re-evaulate this plan or they will have a mostly empty network.

From that ZDNet Article:
“As we progress down the LTE range and bring more devices to the table—we will be launching the HTC Thunderbolt very shortly here—that will give you a flavor of what our tiered pricing structure will look like going forward.

Wow... if the TB came out and didn't have unlim @ $29.99 how many folks would still go after it? We had all been assuming the unlim plan would still be in place.

If they do tiered for the thunderbolt I am going to feel so bad for everyone that preordered it they keep screwing u guys over

From this article it looks like the Thunderbolt will have the new data price structure, whatever it is, once it launches:

Verizon: HTC Thunderbolt coming 'very shortly,' LTE tiered pricing too | ZDNet

My bet is on keeping the $30 per month but adding significant overage fees for LTE only. Probably some down-throttling thrown into the mix as well:icon_evil: My guess is that they will keep unlimited 3G for the time being though.

Also, new rumor: Verizon delayed the Thunderbolt so that they could get their price structure finalized. They would need actuaries and statisticians to figure out stuff and that takes lots of time. I want to see this rumor posted as fact on every tech site by tomorrow morning. :p

Well there went my day.. not that they are going teired, but to see him qouted with tiered and TB in the same qoute.. guess time will tell.. as to your rumor.. I think you are right my friend.. BMX has already come out and stated that the battery issues while the exsisted at one point, it is old news.. I like the way you are speculating..

From that ZDNet Article:
“As we progress down the LTE range and bring more devices to the table—we will be launching the HTC Thunderbolt very shortly here—that will give you a flavor of what our tiered pricing structure will look like going forward.”

Wow... if the TB came out and didn't have unlim @ $29.99 how many folks would still go after it? We had all been assuming the unlim plan would still be in place.

If that data for the Thunderbolt was capped I'll probably wait for something else.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Yeah... Verizon basically said "we delayed the TB so we could run the numbers and look at what to charge for data..."

Depending on how it plays out price-wise, I could see a number of upgrade-eligible folks who have been waiting for the TB @$29.99 unlim, instead go for an X, DINC, or Fascinate.

Wonder if they looked at the iPhone data usage over the first few weeks, saw it was very high, and felt that the feature phone to smart phone upgraders would be driving too much network traffic - and needed to pull the trigger on the tier concept...

From what I have seen and read I do not believe VZW is going to delay the TB just so they can get the new pricing schedule in place. VZW said the TB would be here in Q1, that is before the end of March. Lets not start a panic over another "RUMORED" delay.

I'm in the boat of no LTE until atleast the end of this year if not into next. If the data plan is any more than $29.99/unlimited I will be holding off for the next big 3G phone release (Incredible S? hopefully) and stick with my 3G data plan for another year.

I can't see them releasing every new phone on LTE, they need something to fill the gap until it is nationwide. The way it sounds in the article is that tiered data is being released with the TB so it wont matter if I wait until next year to get on board...guess we will see when the TB finally drops.

"Shammo spent a lot of time talking about LTE pricing. Today, Verizon Wireless offers a 5GB a month plan for $50 and 10GB for $80. LTE will drive average revenue per unit (ARPU) accretion, said Shammo." (This is quoted/copied from the link: Verizon: HTC Thunderbolt coming 'very shortly,' LTE tiered pricing too | ZDNet provided earlier).

If they do this with the TB I just simply will not purchase it and will drop my lines and go find a new home elsewhere. I am still hoping for the best.

I will just buy a dinc if they decide to kill unlimited data on this phone. Not worth it to me, to sacrifice. Wish they would announce it already so I could decide!

"Shammo spent a lot of time talking about LTE pricing. Today, Verizon Wireless offers a 5GB a month plan for $50 and 10GB for $80. LTE will drive average revenue per unit (ARPU) accretion, said Shammo." (This is quoted/copied from the link: Verizon: HTC Thunderbolt coming 'very shortly,' LTE tiered pricing too | ZDNet provided earlier).

If they do this with the TB I just simply will not purchase it and will drop my lines and go find a new home elsewhere. I am still hoping for the best.

I'm thinking the same thing. $50 a month is just too much for data. It is to the point that it is getting ridiculous. Data prices should be getting cheaper, but instead they are getting more expensive. Verizon may not be my provider any longer.

Can they ever be straight up about anything? If data plans are going to be that expensive I don't think I will still be interested in the TB anyway. I have been waiting a couple of months to upgrade from a frickin voyager! I just want to know how things are going to work so I can finally have a decent phone. I want to give them my money! Why are they drawing this out so much?!?

There will be mass exodus or no one will purchase 4G phones and keep thier 3G's till they die and then leave. One thing for sure is they will not sell the quantity of 4G phones that they anticipate.

The market will kick in eventually and drive down the cost. Why pay $20 or $30.00 a month premium when you can go to Sprint for an extra $10. General economics will eventually win out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back