nexus $50 is it worth it over s3?

Crankintopwater69 said:
+1 on the big beautiful screen,and we're happy you @ least gave it a test run.Note 2,now that's excessive.

I totally agree about the size being too large. The nexus was the best decision I've ever made in regards to cell phones. And after the 4.1 update, IMO its just as fast as any of the other phones out there with day to day use. 50 bucks is a bargain! Go eat some jelly beans dude :)

Been through Droid1, Droid X, Galaxy Nexus, and-now- GS lll. Don't root, flash, etc., and never took advantage of the real potential of Nexus. But was always disappointed in the Nexus radios and lack of internet speed.
Updates, including JellyBean, never added significant improvements in my experience.
Accepting that I never tapped full potential of Nexus, I still must say that GS lll is far and away the best phone I've ever had. Speed, screen size, radios--couldn't be happier.

Been through Droid1, Droid X, Galaxy Nexus, and-now- GS lll. Don't root, flash, etc., and never took advantage of the real potential of Nexus. But was always disappointed in the Nexus radios and lack of internet speed.
Updates, including JellyBean, never added significant improvements in my experience.
Accepting that I never tapped full potential of Nexus, I still must say that GS lll is far and away the best phone I've ever had. Speed, screen size, radios--couldn't be happier.
Same here,never rooted my Nexus,just was dissappointed in radios.Loved the pure experience.Love my 4'8"SAHD screen,1.5 SDragon,and TouchWiz has some nice features to.

Well I just forund out that early upgraders have to pay $150 for the nexus with a $50 rebate. Gotta talk to me rep tomorrow to see if they can lower it to $50 but if they can't then which is the better option?
Also are the radios improving on the nexus?

Well I just forund out that early upgraders have to pay $150 for the nexus with a $50 rebate. Gotta talk to me rep tomorrow to see if they can lower it to $50 but if they can't then which is the better option?
Also are the radios improving on the nexus?

Check your local walmart but some have the nexus for 97cents

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Check your local walmart but some have the nexus for 97cents

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I work at walmart and they do have it for $.97 here. BUT they don't do early upgrades at wal marts. Verizon won't give it to me for free will they? Especially with all of the problems I've been having with my thunderbolt?

if it was on any other network Id say Nexus but on verizon go SGS3. I tried to trade in my nexus for an S3 but they wouldnt let me. Ill go post about it now actually.

No. I love my nexus but would not buy it over the s3. The radios in the s3 are a huge step up plus you can beat the extra gig of ram. I would be the s3 and get a nexus 7 if I was in your position.

why $130? The s3 is $200.

Upgrade fee, taxes, activation. The s3 would cost more than that $200 face value. Though he probably live in a state that charges tax on full retail price rather than sale price.

I was told $90 after taxes AND they won't add it to my account because my phone was suspended in june. I wish there was a way they could get around that.

Upgrade fee, taxes, activation. The s3 would cost more than that $200 face value. Though he probably live in a state that charges tax on full retail price rather than sale price.

ding ding ding we have a winner.

Ca sucks. And the fact they list the nexus at $650 retail doesnt help. I dont know why but I have it in my head that its illegal to mark something up so high after cost. Some fair trade laws are ringing in the back of my head. When google sells the phone at 350 im surprised verizon can get away w/650

Back