Phone Shutting off randomly??

I removed 2 apps and I haven't had a shut down in since I last posted. System Panel was one of them.

I did exchange my DROID Bionic for new one (at Radio Shack) - and there is no problem now for two weeks - before it was shutting down (sometimes) like each 30 minutes.
I looked at the application on the new unit - and there were ONLY 2 running - I deleted GOLF 2.
On the old uni there were like dozen when I got it.
I believe that it COULD by bloatware, clean applications you do not need.

Me too - it's dead

Randomly shuts off, requiring battery removal.
Tonight, it shut off while I was playing a game and it will not come back on by any means...

I'm not pleased.

I have it plugged in and there is only a white light on the top right.
The manuals have no troubleshooting tips or reference to what this light is.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Post note -
moved from my USB to an outlet and there seems to be life now...
If anyone could advise on the white light on the top right, it would be great.

Also any help with stopping the random reboots..

I believe that this is caused by bloatware - too many - some buggy - applications. Clear as many applications as possible.

Damn, this forum is scaring the snot out of me. Just bought this Bionic after my OG took a swim in the washing machine. I WAS planning to get a Bionic anyway, till I found out it didn't have a physical keyboard, figured I'd just wait until the 'perfect' phone for me came out. Well the OG going Michael Phelps rushed my purchase and I have had a few glitches, nothing as bad as in this thread though.

Is this normal for most new release phones? My prior 2 smartphones were both issue free (for me at least, Droid and HTC Tilt) and I am afraid that I'll go looney if this turns out to be a buggy POS.

JiriJ -
I have so few apps loaded... but I guess I will delete useless scrabble. Thanks for the reply.

Rochambeau -
Yeah, I am pretty bummed. I watched cnet reviews - was looking at Bionic since January. cnet said that the battery life was MUCH improved and had only praise for the Bionic.
Battery life is NOT great - and so I have to buy a bulkier, bigger battery. And my hard case will no longer fit. Boo.

-MaddLibb

JiriJ -
I have so few apps loaded... but I guess I will delete useless scrabble. Thanks for the reply.

Rochambeau -
Yeah, I am pretty bummed. I watched cnet reviews - was looking at Bionic since January. cnet said that the battery life was MUCH improved and had only praise for the Bionic.
Battery life is NOT great - and so I have to buy a bulkier, bigger battery. And my hard case will no longer fit. Boo.

-MaddLibb

I cant bring myself to suffer with the heavier battery . I'm just gonna buy the extra charger and battery so I can just swap them out.

Im actually having the OPPOSITE problem with my new Bionic. Instead of shutting off randomly, my Bionic won't Stay Off! Every night i turn my phone off before bed. So far every morning when i wake up, the phone is powered on and the battery is drained. i tested it during the day, i turned the phone off and watched it. within an hour the phone powered itself on. This happens every time i turn the phone off. Anyone else have this issue and/or know if it can be fixed? thanks !

Im actually having the OPPOSITE problem with my new Bionic. Instead of shutting off randomly, my Bionic won't Stay Off! Every night i turn my phone off before bed. So far every morning when i wake up, the phone is powered on and the battery is drained. i tested it during the day, i turned the phone off and watched it. within an hour the phone powered itself on. This happens every time i turn the phone off. Anyone else have this issue and/or know if it can be fixed? thanks !

Are you sure you are actually shutting it off? The power button quick press turns off the screen, but dows not power off the phone. You hold the power button until a menu comes up from which you select Power Off?

You've uncovered Motorola's evil plot. Your Bionic has become self-aware.

My Bionic has also started blacking out with no response from screen. It has happened at least 3 times, first time I docked it and it didn't come up. Thought I had drained battery, but next morning still nothing and not charged. Had to pull battery and plug into another charger. Dock still works fine. Have had it happen two more times since.

I'm not very happy with my Bionic right now. When it works, it is great. However, it keeps restarting randomly, at times even going into a boot loop.

I feel like every time I look over at my phone, the Motorola dual core screen is up and the phone is restarting. The past two days have been exceptionally bad with the phone boot looping for at least 10 minutes until I finally get fed up, take the case off and take out the battery. This doesn't always fix it either.

I'm at a loss as to what to do. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the restarts. It happens on the lock screen, while using different apps, while restarting etc..

Sometimes it pops right back up and is fine again for a few hours/days, but it has always happened again.

Is anyone else having this same type of problem? I'm sort of worried that I can't take it back either, as my 2 weeks are up.

As I was typing that post, I had my Bionic sitting next to me with the battery out, trying to get it to recover from the boot loop it was in. I just put the battery back in and it started right back into the boot loop. It freezes on the sound + droid animation splash screen, mostly in mid animation.

I'm so frustrated. I haven't touched root. It is bone stock.

I can't find anyone on the internet having the same problem either.

Back