[Release][Theme] Golden Elegance for multiple ROMs.....

Kook, Wassup w/a UNIQUE Theme for Rom Zen..You in the lab yet for that:) I know you like the Rom????
Point me in the right direction bruther....

Golden Elegance Issue

First, I run Sapphire 1.1.1 w/Golden Elegance.

Today after lunch the wife and I decided to go to the Ambrosia Bakery here in Baton Rouge – the purveyor of the best “artery clogging” deserts within 100 miles. Well, they had moved since I was last there. No sweat, pull out the phone and Google Voice’d them. Popup showed the browser forceclosed. I tried to open the browser and sure enough it would immediately foreclose. I cleared cache and data in the browser and that did nothing either. Problem persisted.

While the wife went into the store to get a box of Heart Attack, I did a restore from 1.1.1 to Sapphire 1.1.0. Quickly found out I had the same problem with 1.1. Not to be deterred, I restored down to a UD8.0 with Golden Elegance and I had the same problem!!!

I then tried the “Fix Permissions” option in Rom Manager – no love there. Problem persisted.

Restored back to a bgill55’s version of the Miui Rom (his version V.8) and low and behold the search function and the browser worked. OH NO!!! – looks like Golden Elegance is the problem. I hate that because it is perfect in every other way!!:)

Once back home I opened the Sapphire 1.1.1 zip and pulled the browser.apk out of it using 7-Zip and put it in place of the apk on my phone. Set permissions, rebooted and wow, oh wow, all is well now. Browser works, voice search function works. I’m a happy guy. Hope no one else has this problem. But if you do, here is one method to fix it.

Man.... so sorry you went through that. I dont know why the browser gives me so many problems. I dont theme it anymore snd I guess I forgot to remove from that version.

Tell your wife I apologize.....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Kook, Wassup w/a UNIQUE Theme for Rom Zen..You in the lab yet for that:) I know you like the Rom????
Point me in the right direction bruther....

I figured out what youre talking about.... and :) j might have a little something in a few days ;)

Man.... so sorry you went through that. I dont know why the browser gives me so many problems. I dont theme it anymore snd I guess I forgot to remove from that version.

All is cool. Wife figures we saved about $20 by me not going in the bakery!!!:)

All is cool. Wife figures we saved about $20 by me not going in the bakery!!!:)
At least she looked at the bright side....:icon_ banana:

Ss4.8

My wife has been using GE for a couple months now and she *really* loves it.

Been debating moving her off BB0.4 to SS4.8 (since BB0.5 just has too many weird issues and 0.4 is starting to really show its age) which is what I am currently running.

She's not willing to upgrade roms unless GE can come with it (says alot right?), but, I noticed in the OP (and after reading all 70+ pages of this thread) that GE is still listed as being for SS4.7.

Will SS4.7 GE edition work on SS4.8 (there are a LOT of changes in 4.8 so I'm leery of just slamming it in there) or do you need to take another look and redo GE for SS4.8?

Also, do you have any plans for a dark, rich, glassy/shiny/translucent blue theme like IndigoBlue? I took a look at Cold Fusion but it was a little.... off, for my taste, and the default SS blue theme isn't right either really. I don't mean to have you copycat others, but it would be a distinct change from your CF, and it doesn't have to be exactly like IndigoBlue either, as putting your learned eye and skills towards it would mean it would come out nicely and distinctively. Ya, I know, you've got like 50 themes/roms you are keeping up with already... /sadpanda.

Anyway, if nothing else, if you can't update for 4.8 and you can't take on any more colors, my wife still likes your work. :)
Be well;
--Dietche

My wife has been using GE for a couple months now and she *really* loves it.

Been debating moving her off BB0.4 to SS4.8 (since BB0.5 just has too many weird issues and 0.4 is starting to really show its age) which is what I am currently running.

She's not willing to upgrade roms unless GE can come with it (says alot right?), but, I noticed in the OP (and after reading all 70+ pages of this thread) that GE is still listed as being for SS4.7.

Will SS4.7 GE edition work on SS4.8 (there are a LOT of changes in 4.8 so I'm leery of just slamming it in there) or do you need to take another look and redo GE for SS4.8?

Also, do you have any plans for a dark, rich, glassy/shiny/translucent blue theme like IndigoBlue? I took a look at Cold Fusion but it was a little.... off, for my taste, and the default SS blue theme isn't right either really. I don't mean to have you copycat others, but it would be a distinct change from your CF, and it doesn't have to be exactly like IndigoBlue either, as putting your learned eye and skills towards it would mean it would come out nicely and distinctively. Ya, I know, you've got like 50 themes/roms you are keeping up with already... /sadpanda.

Anyway, if nothing else, if you can't update for 4.8 and you can't take on any more colors, my wife still likes your work. :)
Be well;
--Dietche

I've been so overwhelmed with the new ROMs coming out, I've decided to just port the themes as they are requested. I am going to make a port of CF to ShadowROM tonight and I'll do this one right after.

Glad your wife likes it.

I don't really see being able to change the color of the CF right now. I'm cooking up some stuff in the lab for something else.

Thanks for your interest! Expect to see something tomorrow.

Thanks for the quick reply. You made my wife so happy about her getting GoldenElegance for SimplyStunning that I might even get some tonight! You can take pride in your marital bliss manipulations and ministrations! ;)

Hey Kook - are you working on that brown theme you'd spoke of awhile back?

-Mike

I'm cooking something up, which has brown in it. But I don't think it's what you're thinking.

Thanks for the quick reply. You made my wife so happy about her getting GoldenElegance for SimplyStunning that I might even get some tonight! You can take pride in your marital bliss manipulations and ministrations! ;)

yes!

theme question

A couple more quick questions for ya kook, if you don't mind.

First, did you happen to see Chevy's caveat about how to theme his SS 4.8 yet? I should have mentioned it in my prior post to give you a heads up since it was such a huge warning, but I forgot :(. It seems he does things very differently now and themers have to supposedly be really careful. Didn't want to have to see you start all over or anything.

Second, I'm having a hard time finding this answer so I figured I would just ask you, a themer. Let's suppose I put a rom on, and I then put on a theme. If I don't like that theme and want to put on a different theme do I just apply the new theme over the old theme (provided they function similarly, not like 4.8 does which is wierd in the theming world from what I can tell) or do I need to restore a backup of the rom-only install (that we would have to assume got made I guess in this case) before the first theme was applied?

I'm asking because I installed a rom that already had a theme in it which precluded me from making that intermediate step backup (the one after the rom loaded successfully but before I applied any themes). So am I now stuck with this theme that came in the rom (for this question assume it's a normal rom and normal theme)?

Now, I can appreciate that you can only answer in terms of how standard roms and your roms work, and I'd be happy even knowing the answer in that respect, but as a final part to this multi-section question, can you also answer how all this affects SS4.8 seperately too, since it's my understanding that your answer for your rom and other roms will be entirely different for SS4.8 anyway. Would installing a SS4.8 rom version theme over a preexisting theme which was also built for 4.8 even work? (I guess without knowing your answer to what happens for normal roms/themes this is something of a moot question until I at least know that much LOL).

Ok I hope that wall of text made sense so far. I'll stop now and hope you can cut through my rambling. Thanks, in advance.
--Dietche

A couple more quick questions for ya kook, if you don't mind.

First, did you happen to see Chevy's caveat about how to theme his SS 4.8 yet? I should have mentioned it in my prior post to give you a heads up since it was such a huge warning, but I forgot :(. It seems he does things very differently now and themers have to supposedly be really careful. Didn't want to have to see you start all over or anything.

Second, I'm having a hard time finding this answer so I figured I would just ask you, a themer. Let's suppose I put a rom on, and I then put on a theme. If I don't like that theme and want to put on a different theme do I just apply the new theme over the old theme (provided they function similarly, not like 4.8 does which is wierd in the theming world from what I can tell) or do I need to restore a backup of the rom-only install (that we would have to assume got made I guess in this case) before the first theme was applied?

I'm asking because I installed a rom that already had a theme in it which precluded me from making that intermediate step backup (the one after the rom loaded successfully but before I applied any themes). So am I now stuck with this theme that came in the rom (for this question assume it's a normal rom and normal theme)?

Now, I can appreciate that you can only answer in terms of how standard roms and your roms work, and I'd be happy even knowing the answer in that respect, but as a final part to this multi-section question, can you also answer how all this affects SS4.8 seperately too, since it's my understanding that your answer for your rom and other roms will be entirely different for SS4.8 anyway. Would installing a SS4.8 rom version theme over a preexisting theme which was also built for 4.8 even work? (I guess without knowing your answer to what happens for normal roms/themes this is something of a moot question until I at least know that much LOL).

Ok I hope that wall of text made sense so far. I'll stop now and hope you can cut through my rambling. Thanks, in advance.
--Dietche

I'll look into the 4.8 port. It should be fine. Don't you worry my friend.

If both themes are made for the same ROM, you can install right over it. The only problem you may run into is mismatched themed parts. For example....

Let's say you install Cold Fusion and it comes with a themed Facebook and you decide you want Cotton Candy instead. You install Cotton Candy right over the Cold Fusion with no problems. BUT.....Cotton Candy doesn't have a themed Facebook. You'll have a pink theme with a Blue (Cold Fusion) Facebook. That's the best way I could describe it.

As far as the last part....I have to get into the ROM first....then I'll be able to answer your question better.

Hope this helps.

Back