[ROM] [ROM-AOSP] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [NIGHTLIES]

The 09/10 load has a new feature upon reboot. There is a cyanogenmod profile screen. no idea what it is used for. I skipped the setup, but still had to fill out country, language, timezone and location services stuff. It had no affect to anything changed in my previous setup (ie my background and widgits were all still the same after the install)
I believe this is probably the new profiles feature that allows you to set up different profiles for different people to use your device. So you can set up a "restricted" profile for your kid where they can play only certain games, can't access your texts, etc. and it also allows them to have there own saved game data so you can both play Angry Birds or whatever and not worry about someone messing up your score or playing levels you haven't beat. I'm DLing now and will check it out as soon as I flash it. Thanks for the heads up. Edit: Funny, I was just looking into how to get profiles to work on my Nook Color running CM10.2. Maybe I just need to DL the newest nightly! Edit2: Nope. I was wrong. It's asking you to log in to or create a Cyanogenmod account. I already had one from posting on their forum a few times so I just logged in with that.

Last edited:
I posted this over on XDA but figured I would throw it up here to: @dhacker posted a CM10.2 test build with a fix for 3G. Just tested it and I can confirm 3G is working when Network Mode is set to global and LTE drops off. 3G picked right up. Little 3G icon and everything! I was not able to force it to 3G only by changing the network mode but it's a start and makes CM10.2 that much more useable. Big thanks to @dhacker for continuing to support our now dated D4. Test build located here: http://t.co/lAfI8DC8cz

Ooo... something to flash on my lunchbreak. Jackpot.

Running the 10.1.3-RC2 build with no problems at all though, with the exception of the stock messaging app not liking to send MMS still. But, Verizon Messages works every time.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Tried the 9/11 build from dhacker29, still can't get data to come up. I'm in a 3G only area and I got nothin'. Tried manually switching APN like he mentions on Twitter but still no dice for me.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

I too tried the 9/11 build from dhacker29, but don't have conclusive findings on 3G. However, I did experience some general wonkiness with BT and the dialer. I wasn't able to make back/back calls, first call good with BT, hung up made second call operating system became unoperable and no BT, call ended and I tried after FCing the dialer to call again and dialer unresponsive then phone rebooted.

So....I am Android tech support for my wife, which is a pity, since I have a totally different device not supported by Cyanogen. My wife's Droid 4 is running the CM 10.1.2 stable channel build that is dated July 12 in the settings. I notice a number of releases in the updates part of her settings, and she noted that she was prompted to update recently but did not. I have seen some discussion of various things not working here, including MMS and 3G. I have no idea if her 3G works or not, as we are in a 4G area, but her MMS works. Today, she reported a few seemingly random restarts, which makes me think it is time to update. On this build, she has never had the sleep of death I see referenced here in several places.

So my questions are....

What is the most recent, most stable build with the most things working properly?

If I use the update feature, which I have never seen on a custom Rom before, since my phone blows, will it wipe data or settings, and should I wipe cache and dalvik as mentioned above?

Thanks in advance for the info. I never wanted her phone until I installed this Rom on it - great work!

Sent from my NuXperiaSense Bolt using Tapatalk 2

So....I am Android tech support for my wife, which is a pity, since I have a totally different device not supported by Cyanogen. My wife's Droid 4 is running the CM 10.1.2 stable channel build that is dated July 12 in the settings. I notice a number of releases in the updates part of her settings, and she noted that she was prompted to update recently but did not. I have seen some discussion of various things not working here, including MMS and 3G. I have no idea if her 3G works or not, as we are in a 4G area, but her MMS works. Today, she reported a few seemingly random restarts, which makes me think it is time to update. On this build, she has never had the sleep of death I see referenced here in several places.

So my questions are....

What is the most recent, most stable build with the most things working properly?

If I use the update feature, which I have never seen on a custom Rom before, since my phone blows, will it wipe data or settings, and should I wipe cache and dalvik as mentioned above?

Thanks in advance for the info. I never wanted her phone until I installed this Rom on it - great work!

1. I believe the most recent stable release is CM10.1 RC3. I'm personally using CM10.2 nightlies with little to no issues. There should be a fix for 3G on CM10.2 coming in the next nightly which is the only real issue I have had.

2. I have never used the update feature personally. The idea makes me nervous. You might find more info on how that works on CMs website. I always just reboot and install in safestrap recovery. I always wipe cache and dalvik cache after.

Hope that helps. There are actually quite a few stable 4.2 ROMs out now. Depending on how adventurous your wife is she might want to try one of those out. There's a reason safestrap has different ROM slots : ) I really enjoyed Avatar personally before I jumped to CM10.2.

Also....another question....is there any way to take a slot 2 Rom (this one) and move it to slot 1?

Thank you, by the way.

I wanted to know what ROMS work on safestrap 3.50? Is it 4.3 roms, 4.2.x roms, ics roms, ect? Also which roms work in which slots for safestrap 3.50?

Also....another question....is there any way to take a slot 2 Rom (this one) and move it to slot 1?

I wanted to know what ROMS work on safestrap 3.50? Is it 4.3 roms, 4.2.x roms, ics roms, ect? Also which roms work in which slots for safestrap 3.50?

Any of the current ROMs should work in safestrap 3.5x. There are not any current ICS ROMs. Stock based ROMS (Eclipse) can be installed in any slot. Android 4.2 ROMs have specific ROM slots they must be installed to. CM in slot 1, Liquid in slot 2, AOKP in slot 3, and Ubuntu in slot 4. Pretty sure that is right. I may have switched Liquid and AOKP. Any other 4.2 ROM should be installed in slot 1 (Avatar, Pacman). Android 4.3 ROMs can be installed in any slot as long as they were built prior to 08/30 I believe.

So, you can move a ROM to a different slot, as long as it is compatible with that slot. To do that, simply backup up the ROM, and then restore it to the new slot.

Any of the current ROMs should work in safestrap 3.5x. There are not any current ICS ROMs. Stock based ROMS (Eclipse) can be installed in any slot. Android 4.2 ROMs have specific ROM slots they must be installed to. CM in slot 1, Liquid in slot 2, AOKP in slot 3, and Ubuntu in slot 4. Pretty sure that is right. I may have switched Liquid and AOKP. Any other 4.2 ROM should be installed in slot 1 (Avatar, Pacman). Android 4.3 ROMs can be installed in any slot as long as they were built prior to 08/30 I believe.

So, you can move a ROM to a different slot, as long as it is compatible with that slot. To do that, simply backup up the ROM, and then restore it to the new slot.

You did get AOKP and Liquid switched. AOKP is slot 2 and Liquid slot 3. Also it is 4.3 roms after 8/30 that work in any slot. At least 4.3 versions of CM start working in any slot as of then. Some other 4.3 ROMs might not have gotten that change in quite as soon but I would expect the current ones to work.

Liquid 4.3 roms won't install in safestrap 3.53 for some reason no matter the slot. An error keep coming in recovery pertaining to a binary update issue.

So has anyone successfully installed the cm 10.2 0915 nightly? I tried installing it using the auto installer and got stuck at the boot animation. I waited nearly ten minutes and had to do a forced reboot. I just tried installing it in safestrap again and am right now waiting to see if it will boot.
Does anyone have a link to the site for the nightlys? I might need to go back and install one of the older ones if I can't get this to boot. :/

I'm currently running the last, stable, 10.1.2 build, as when I tried the RC2 of 10.1.3 I found I was having GPS issues where the Navigation voice was silent or the GPS wasn't turning on or finding my position. Has anyone else had issues with Maps and Navigation on any of these builds? How are the nightlies? Also any chance HDMI will work under CM ever?

Back