[ROM] [ROM-AOSP] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [NIGHTLIES]

ok am i losing my mind???? I lost my widgit buttons in my pull down menu. they have disappeared and i can not for the life of me the location that they hide in

You know what? I'm done being patient.

Why is it still practically impossible to send MMS messages? Moreso, why do I still lose sound on a regular basis? Why do we still have so many issues with Bluetooth? I have been using CyanogenMod for months - I've used all of the Stable builds, as well as the Nightly builds, with multiple clean installs - and my phone still has issues with MMS sending and the sound randomly cutting out. In fact, the sound issue is what is causing the "sleep of death" issue that so many of you are having to begin with.

Why couldn't we have these issues fixed before moving on to 10.2? Moreso, why weren't these obviously-common issues repaired before moving the ROM into the Stable channel? I love the ROM, when it's working, but that's just it: it should always be working if it's in the Stable channel. I appreciate the work that the developer is doing, but I don't appreciate the decision to move it into the Stable channel when we all seem to be finding the same major bugs.

You know what? I'm done being patient.

Why is it still practically impossible to send MMS messages? Moreso, why do I still lose sound on a regular basis? Why do we still have so many issues with Bluetooth? I have been using CyanogenMod for months - I've used all of the Stable builds, as well as the Nightly builds, with multiple clean installs - and my phone still has issues with MMS sending and the sound randomly cutting out. In fact, the sound issue is what is causing the "sleep of death" issue that so many of you are having to begin with.

Why couldn't we have these issues fixed before moving on to 10.2? Moreso, why weren't these obviously-common issues repaired before moving the ROM into the Stable channel? I love the ROM, when it's working, but that's just it: it should always be working if it's in the Stable channel. I appreciate the work that the developer is doing, but I don't appreciate the decision to move it into the Stable channel when we all seem to be finding the same major bugs.
you realize the difference between 10.1 and 10.2 is like going from vista to windows 7. i give hash and hacker huge props for having a few bugs as they do upon new releases.

Those "few bugs" are system-breaking, though. I can't count the number of times I've had to simulate a battery pull because my phone becomes unresponsive.

I'm in no way discrediting the work that he's done. I just wish that they were a bit more stable than they currently are. A bug which causes the phone to literally freeze up is a pretty major bug that a lot of us are experiencing. I just wish that he ironed out the kinks in the Stable builds before he moved on to the next major updates.

That's a touchy subject. Because aside from the occasional SoD, most everything else is stable. This is issues that all rom users run into in varying degrees on devices. Even with something like cm. It's being ported to the device. And we only have a few modders working on it in their free time with no pay. I think stable just means it can be a daily driver with out the problem being persistent. I do agree with the frustration. But just maybe the devs' idea of stable is not exactly what we all think. Hopefully that gets ironed out soon. Me personally, I don't assume even the stable builds will be stable. Just daily driver material. I hope you don't take me as lecturing. I'm on you side, I am hoping for Truely stable build soon.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 4

My gps on any 4.3 rom is working, but not accurate including cm 10.2. Used pacman, cm10.2, and Varnir ROMs experiencing the same issue. Anyone have the fix?

That's a touchy subject. Because aside from the occasional SoD, most everything else is stable. This is issues that all rom users run into in varying degrees on devices. Even with something like cm. It's being ported to the device. And we only have a few modders working on it in their free time with no pay. I think stable just means it can be a daily driver with out the problem being persistent. I do agree with the frustration. But just maybe the devs' idea of stable is not exactly what we all think. Hopefully that gets ironed out soon. Me personally, I don't assume even the stable builds will be stable. Just daily driver material. I hope you don't take me as lecturing. I'm on you side, I am hoping for Truely stable build soon.

I mean, I can certainly use it as a daily driver. It just... every once in a while, it'll enter the Sleep of Death, or the sound will cut out (which is what leads to the Sleep of Death to begin with), or Bluetooth will fail to be able to be turned on, or MMS messages won't send, or Google Maps Navigation will fail to navigate. In fact, I'd say that 70% of the time, I'll have issues with MMS messaging - that is, I won't be able to send any at all, until a reboot actually manages to "fix" the problem.

It's downright irritating, and I'd personally expect more from a Stable build. Beta? Sure, but I don't think that this belongs in the Stable channel unless all major bugs are fixed.

I mean, I can certainly use it as a daily driver. It just... every once in a while, it'll enter the Sleep of Death, or the sound will cut out (which is what leads to the Sleep of Death to begin with), or Bluetooth will fail to be able to be turned on, or MMS messages won't send, or Google Maps Navigation will fail to navigate. In fact, I'd say that 70% of the time, I'll have issues with MMS messaging - that is, I won't be able to send any at all, until a reboot actually manages to "fix" the problem.

It's downright irritating, and I'd personally expect more from a Stable build. Beta? Sure, but I don't think that this belongs in the Stable channel unless all major bugs are fixed.

I haven't experienced the blue tooth issue and I don't use navigation. You might be right about it not being labeled stable. I am inclined to agree. Maybe, like someone else mentioned, it worked for a few days so they made it a stable build. Considering the SoD is so random. I have not had a problem with mms at all, but then again I don't send media messages often,

I haven't had a SoD in about a week. Navigation works just fine for me, going from home to school and back again 4 days a week. Have never had a sound issue, not really sure what you're talking about. I don't send MMS very often, but I've sent and received several the past few days.

Maybe it's time for you to do a factory reset, because aside from an occasional SoD or soft freeze, this ROM is as stable for me as it's ever been. It could use more work, sure, but, I'd say it's pretty damn good.

Those "few bugs" are system-breaking, though. I can't count the number of times I've had to simulate a battery pull because my phone becomes unresponsive.

I'm in no way discrediting the work that he's done. I just wish that they were a bit more stable than they currently are. A bug which causes the phone to literally freeze up is a pretty major bug that a lot of us are experiencing. I just wish that he ironed out the kinks in the Stable builds before he moved on to the next major updates.

You should return the product and get a refund! Oh...wait...

I haven't had a SoD in about a week. Navigation works just fine for me, going from home to school and back again 4 days a week. Have never had a sound issue, not really sure what you're talking about. I don't send MMS very often, but I've sent and received several the past few days.

Maybe it's time for you to do a factory reset, because aside from an occasional SoD or soft freeze, this ROM is as stable for me as it's ever been. It could use more work, sure, but, I'd say it's pretty damn good.
And of course, now that I say this, I've had a ****load of sound issues, and quite a few game-breaking freezes. Having lots of issues with coverage, likely due to 3G being broken.

THANKS FOR MAKING ME JINX IT.

so the new rom is great if you have 4g all the time or wireless but is there any idea when the data on either 3g or 1x will be fixed???? or is there something else i need to do to make the data work???

Back