[ROM] [ROM-AOSP] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [NIGHTLIES]

so the new rom is great if you have 4g all the time or wireless but is there any idea when the data on either 3g or 1x will be fixed???? or is there something else i need to do to make the data work???

my 3g works when wifi and 4g are unavailable

I'm running the 9/02 build and 3G is working for me too.

Wifi-Tether is the only thing I'm seeing an issue with still. Neither the stock tether, or the Wifi Tether 3.2 beta 2 work for me. Although, I don't know if I've ever seen this working since CM10.

The gps for cm 10.2 still isn't accurate for me on the 9/2 build. Please advise.

I'm running the 9/02 build and 3G is working for me too.

Wifi-Tether is the only thing I'm seeing an issue with still. Neither the stock tether, or the Wifi Tether 3.2 beta 2 work for me. Although, I don't know if I've ever seen this working since CM10.

Data wouldn't come up for me on the 9/02 build.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Data wouldn't come up for me on the 9/02 build.

Worked for me after a clean install when I forced my network mode to "CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA" (Otherwise it would default to the LTE in my area). I set it back to the default "Global" and have LTE connectivity, but throughout my travels today my 3G did not come up automatically. So it's a step closer, but not fully working yet.

You should return the product and get a refund! Oh...wait...

Dude, that's a logical fallacy if I've ever seen one. Just because it's free doesn't mean that we should automatically be "grateful" for what we've got; the same standards apply for commercial software and free software, alike, especially if it has a large following. I like the ROM, but it has a plethora of issues that should have been fleshed out before it was pushed into the "Stable" channel.

Anyway, thelolotov, I've performed more than enough factory resets and full wipes. The same issues persist across all attempts. Just earlier, I had the sound cut out - tapping away on my phone, until I no longer hear the "taps". Sound dies, prompting a phone reset. If the sound is still "dead" after I restart the phone, and it's dead on the lock screen, I can't even enter my PIN without the whole phone freezing up when I input the last number, prompting a simulated battery pull.

How would I go about "recording" these bugs, exactly? CyanogenMod has a "Take Bug Report" option, but, as far as I know, it doesn't do a thing - it just states that it's gathering info, and that it'll take a while to do so, and I'm given no prompt as to how that concludes. I'd like to send a summary of my system state, in log form, to the developer, but I'm not entirely sure how I'd go about doing that. Like I said, I love this ROM - it's practically breathing new life into the otherwise-dead DROID 4 - but it has its share of problems that I would love to see fixed.

Dude, that's a logical fallacy if I've ever seen one. Just because it's free doesn't mean that we should automatically be "grateful" for what we've got; the same standards apply for commercial software and free software, alike, especially if it has a large following. I like the ROM, but it has a plethora of issues that should have been fleshed out before it was pushed into the "Stable" channel.

Anyway, thelolotov, I've performed more than enough factory resets and full wipes. The same issues persist across all attempts. Just earlier, I had the sound cut out - tapping away on my phone, until I no longer hear the "taps". Sound dies, prompting a phone reset. If the sound is still "dead" after I restart the phone, and it's dead on the lock screen, I can't even enter my PIN without the whole phone freezing up when I input the last number, prompting a simulated battery pull.

How would I go about "recording" these bugs, exactly? CyanogenMod has a "Take Bug Report" option, but, as far as I know, it doesn't do a thing - it just states that it's gathering info, and that it'll take a while to do so, and I'm given no prompt as to how that concludes. I'd like to send a summary of my system state, in log form, to the developer, but I'm not entirely sure how I'd go about doing that. Like I said, I love this ROM - it's practically breathing new life into the otherwise-dead DROID 4 - but it has its share of problems that I would love to see fixed.

logcat | Android Developers

Too tired to really explain or provide a tutorial. Use google.

So I *think* 3G is working for me on the 09/03 build. I have pretty spotty LTE connectivity at work and I noticed today that sometimes the "LTE" icon will disappear next the the signal bar indicator but I will still have data (can access Play Store, Internet, etc). I don't see a 3G icon appear but I assume this means I am connecting to 3G when I lose my LTE connection. Is this what you experienced as well?

So I *think* 3G is working for me on the 09/03 build. I have pretty spotty LTE connectivity at work and I noticed today that sometimes the "LTE" icon will disappear next the the signal bar indicator but I will still have data (can access Play Store, Internet, etc). I don't see a 3G icon appear but I assume this means I am connecting to 3G when I lose my LTE connection. Is this what you experienced as well?

I've noticed this on earlier builds as well (around 08/26) but can't confirm if it's 3G.

How painless is the upgrade procedure between the latest 12.1.2 nightly build and 12.1.3 RC1? Could I do a dirty flash, or should I do a full wipe?

How painless is the upgrade procedure between the latest 12.1.2 nightly build and 12.1.3 RC1? Could I do a dirty flash, or should I do a full wipe?

Going from 10.1.2-stable to 10.1.3-rc1, all I did was wipe cache/dalvik.

This 10.2 rom is a HUGE RAM hog. Normal memory free for me is around 200mb. The most memory free i have seen is 481mb. And that's after repeatedly pressing the "memory reclaim" button in "autokiller memory optimizer". Anyone else notice this rom soaks up a lot of the available resources? It can lag me out a bit.

as a comparison... the 10.0 and 10.1 roms would still lend me 800mb free if i freed it up... and it would run at a constant 500mb free if unmanaged by me.

Last edited:
10.1 rc3 is the most stable for me..I agree 10.2 ROMs have been memory hogs for me. I do appreciate the hard work by all the developers..

Sent from my XT894 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

I'm currently using rom slot 1 Pacman Rom and the stock slot w/cm10.2 on the new safestrap 3.51. For some reason I'm unable to create rom slots for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th slots because I'm only able to access my internal memory (NOT EXTERNAL SD CARD) to make new rom slots. I only have 119mb of memory left. Please help because on safe strap 3.11 I was able to access my external 64 gb sd card to create rom slot for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th slots and never had a memory problem. Is there any way for me to access my external sd card memory to untilize the rest of the rom slots? 8gb isn't enough internal memory which is why I brought the 64gb sd card. Thanks .

Last edited:
The 09/10 load has a new feature upon reboot. There is a cyanogenmod profile screen. no idea what it is used for. I skipped the setup, but still had to fill out country, language, timezone and location services stuff.

It had no affect to anything changed in my previous setup (ie my background and widgits were all still the same after the install)

Back