[ROM][EC01][4/20/11] Evil Fascination v3.1

Sounds like you should data wipe and reflash Yakuza...the MIUI lockscreen works fine

what is yakuza? maybe i never flashed it and thats the problem. The miui works for unlocking and phone, but freezes on messaging. I use handcent as my default messenger, could that be the problem?

I was responding to a poster a couple posts above named Yakuzagang5...

That may be your issue, did you delete the stock SMS app? I would think it would just open into the stock SMS app regardless of what 3rd party SMS app you run but as I don't run a 3rd party SMS app i cant confirm that...The MIUI screen and all options work fine for me

I uninstalled the stock messenging app, but still is rebooting when I unlock. Any ideas

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

what is yakuza? maybe i never flashed it and thats the problem. The miui works for unlocking and phone, but freezes on messaging. I use handcent as my default messenger, could that be the problem?

That may be your issue, did you delete the stock SMS app? I would think it would just open into the stock SMS app regardless of what 3rd party SMS app you run but as I don't run a 3rd party SMS app i cant confirm that...The MIUI screen and all options work fine for me

I uninstalled the stock messenging app, but still is rebooting when I unlock. Any ideas

I use to have those problems, once it's like that it's gone to be honest. Either restore your back up or your going have to go back to the just a suggestion forum and re run your rom and kernal

TAPOUT27 would you happen to know where I can download the original color for the market?

U could pull the vending.apk out of an earlier Rom and put it in system/app.....or search stock market on XDA

Thanks

I use to have those problems, once it's like that it's gone to be honest. Either restore your back up or your going have to go back to the just a suggestion forum and re run your rom and kernal

I went back, re odin to ED01, flashed the new clockwork, flashed evil 3.5.1 and the MIUI still isnt working. I really like that lockscreen. What else can I try?

I went back, re odin to ED01, flashed the new clockwork, flashed evil 3.5.1 and the MIUI still isnt working. I really like that lockscreen. What else can I try?

That lock screen bugs out on me sometimes also. Makes my phone freeze and restart. I just use the original pattern lock now. It might be a bug in there.

That lock screen bugs out on me sometimes also. Makes my phone freeze and restart. I just use the original pattern lock now. It might be a bug in there.

I fixed it. I didn't realize that I had to select the messaging application under the custom app tab. Works great now.

I'm coming from 3.3 which was not edify, so I'm still running CWM 2.5x. Still noobish with flashing; what would be the best way for me to get up to date with 3.5.1? What would be the best order to flash everything? mainly confused with the change in scripting and how to get new ROM's/Kernels... By doing a factory reset and flashing this rom with CWM 2.5, will that get me to CWM 3.0? or do I need to get to CWM 3.0 first, copy the ROM and Kernel I like to my SD Card, then factory reset and flash?

I'm coming from 3.3 which was not edify, so I'm still running CWM 2.5x. Still noobish with flashing; what would be the best way for me to get up to date with 3.5.1? What would be the best order to flash everything? mainly confused with the change in scripting and how to get new ROM's/Kernels... By doing a factory reset and flashing this rom with CWM 2.5, will that get me to CWM 3.0? or do I need to get to CWM 3.0 first, copy the ROM and Kernel I like to my SD Card, then factory reset and flash?

Wipe and then install. You will be converted to 3.0 during the install.

Please forgive my ignorance I am new at this. I have cmw 2.5.1 with radio EB01 I would like to install this rom with EC01 radio. I have read the posts and saw I can install the rom through cmw. Will this install the EC01 radio or will I need to install EC01 with Odin. If so, do I do this before installing rom or after

Need an archnemesis for Evil...

How about a Good Fascination version of this Rom... not so dark, blue instead of red, alternate bootup and shutdown screens. LOVE the rom, so fast, works great, just not so keen on the black and red. And we can have some fun with this too. :)

How about a Good Fascination version of this Rom... not so dark, blue instead of red, alternate bootup and shutdown screens. LOVE the rom, so fast, works great, just not so keen on the black and red. And we can have some fun with this too. :)
Just flash the Nitro Honeycomb v4.3 over it...looks awesome, no more red....lots of black and blue

Please forgive my ignorance I am new at this. I have cmw 2.5.1 with radio EB01 I would like to install this rom with EC01 radio. I have read the posts and saw I can install the rom through cmw. Will this install the EC01 radio or will I need to install EC01 with Odin. If so, do I do this before installing rom or after

Install the radio through odin first then install the rom through red clockwork recovery. Make sure you have a backup first just incase. Disable lagfix if you are on a voodoo kernel before odin.

Sent from my fascinate

Just flash the Nitro Honeycomb v4.3 over it...looks awesome, no more red....lots of black and blue

I've never flashed a theme before, just roms. I've downloaded it, need to research a bit. But looks great from the screenshots.

Ok, did some searching... cannot find anywhere that gives instructions on how to flash the theme. Do I just Odin>PDA it to my phone while in Download mode?

Thanks!

Last edited:

I've never flashed a theme before, just roms. I've downloaded it, need to research a bit. But looks great from the screenshots.

Ok, did some searching... cannot find anywhere that gives instructions on how to flash the theme. Do I just Odin>PDA it to my phone while in Download mode?

Thanks!

reboot recovery
wipe cache
in advanced wipe dalvik
choose install from sd card
nav to Honeycomb.zip file
choose yes to install
reboot

Done

Awesome, works great! My only problem is the clock has disappeared from the info bar. Gone into settings, thought I found where to bring it back, but no good. How do I get the clock back? Thanks

Back