[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

Ahhhh I see!! Thanks!

Message delivered via a Bolt of lightning

Ok I got the SuperOneClick zip file now to the next step. You guys are awesome thank you now I need step by step on how to use it want to do it right the first time.

Ok I got the SuperOneClick zip file now to the next step. You guys are awesome thank you now I need step by step on how to use it want to do it right the first time.

This is not the place to ask how to use ANOTHER root method.

This is not the place to ask how to use ANOTHER root method.
+1 ^^^ this. This thread is WAY too long and WAY too cluttered with junk as it is. Why do you think some of the links in the op are broken and the author hasn't made a post here in months?

Guidot nor I are trying to be jerks about it, we too, realize the need to help someone, but if it's off the topic of this thread, please ask the person to start another thread or take it to pm's.

p.s. If you EVER find a dead link to some file that's been around for a bit, it only takes a moment to see if I grabbed it once upon a time.

Yeah I think we got it guys no one has said anything else for almost a day now. Clutter also includes the need to verify a point that's been made. Thanks will make sure it doesn't happen again.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Root Droid 1 - Regardless of OS version ** Thank You **

I just wanted to say that the directions provided worked as advertised. Thank you so much. I rooted my Droid 1 phone, downloaded Astro File Manger from the market and then installed Wireless Tethered with no problem. Again, thank you for the simple to use directions.

Yeah I think we got it guys no one has said anything else for almost a day now. Clutter also includes the need to verify a point that's been made. Thanks will make sure it doesn't happen again.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

+1 ^^^ this.
She came here for help with the MANUAL method. I helped her with the other one in Gtalk vs here.

For what it's worth

1st ,thanks for the walk through. Been over a year since I rooted my Droid. Had to get new one from insurance. Came with 2.2.2. This worked just fine. Used all his file except went with RSDlite 4.9. All worked flawless. Thanks again.

I'm trying to root my Droid 1 with the frg22d build. I'm unable to extract the .sbf file to continue in the steps.

When I try to extract it using the default zip extract in Win7 it gives me error:
0x80004005: Unspecified Error

Use an unzipper like 7zip(free). You may have a bad download.

Back