[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

Ok please do the following as I cannot sit here and wait:
Do you have superuser icon? SetCPU doesnt indicate root. It simply requires it. If it couldnt obtain root permissions then you have to go into super user icon and allow it. Then reauto detect settings. Or simply uninstall setcpu and reinstall as long as you have SU icon. If you dont have SU icon:
DL Terminal Emulator from Market. Type SU. If it says permission denied then you dont have root. So.... you probably have a faulty DL on the Rooter zip. Redownload and try again thru SPR. If that still doesnt work, then we can manually push the SU adb commands however that is more involved and we shouldnt discuss it here. BUT, you have SPR and I KNOW this whole guide works so let us know what happens. CJM knows a lot too.

And the booze is beginning to talk so I will retire into the night. :)
CJM to your thing buddy. He's in good hands with you!

Ok this is only my second time rooting a phone, but when i go through the instructions and get to installing the update I get the error

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(no such file or directory)
E:Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip
Installation aborted.

I checked to make sure it was just named update.zip (not 2 .zip), and I ensured that mass storage was not on.

Currently on version 2.2.2 build FRG83G

Sorry if the solution to this was posted somewhere else was looking around and could not see anything....

Turn off the phone, reseat the sdcard. Power on and try again.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Its an issue with the card.

I believe the solution is in this thread but I'm not sure.

Best thing to do is Google the error and it will most likely send you to this thread on the specific page.

Yeah I'm still not sure I was looking up a lot of stuff about it, but everything I tried did not work... Tried reformatting SD, re-seating SD, and booting with no SD card in then shutting down and trying over... still no luck....

I somehow remember someone testing it like so...

Try taking the card out before you boot into recovery and see if it will give you the same message without it in there.

Also, you could try SBF'ing Rzrecovery on instead of sprecovery (link in the RaidZero section) and use that to flash the update.zip from this guide.

Ok please do the following as I cannot sit here and wait:
Do you have superuser icon? SetCPU doesnt indicate root. It simply requires it. If it couldnt obtain root permissions then you have to go into super user icon and allow it. Then reauto detect settings. Or simply uninstall setcpu and reinstall as long as you have SU icon. If you dont have SU icon:
DL Terminal Emulator from Market. Type SU. If it says permission denied then you dont have root. So.... you probably have a faulty DL on the Rooter zip. Redownload and try again thru SPR. If that still doesnt work, then we can manually push the SU adb commands however that is more involved and we shouldnt discuss it here. BUT, you have SPR and I KNOW this whole guide works so let us know what happens. CJM knows a lot too.

I have the Superuser icon but I did try going into the terminal app and typing su but it said permission denied. : /

Shattered,

What happens when you press the su icon in the app drawer?

Swyped from a Droid

It opens up the app and I see the title "Superuser Permissions" across the top of the screen but the rest of the screen is solid black.

*Edit: Also, I did try uninstalling and reinstalling SetCPU, but it still is unable to ask or get permission.

Last edited:
Shattered,

If you had root those apps would show in su, therefore I don't think you're rooted. I would go back into recovery, wipe and reflash the update.zip.

Swyped from a Droid

Shattered,

If you had root those apps would show in su, therefore I don't think you're rooted. I would go back into recovery, wipe and reflash the update.zip.

Swyped from a Droid

By wipe, do you mean the "wipe data/factory reset"?

Back