[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

Just rooted my phone all looked good until i notice a question mark over the battery symbol. I have checked other threads and can't seem to find any help. I have swapped out the battery for another and have not resolved the issue.

Just rooted my phone all looked good until i notice a question mark over the battery symbol. I have checked other threads and can't seem to find any help. I have swapped out the battery for another and have not resolved the issue.

That ? mark is saying that the battery isn't recognized or in some cases, not installed. I would try cleaning the battery contacts on the phone. I had a similar problem a while back and cleaning the battery contacts fixed my problem.

Thanks for the quick response. I cleaned the contacts with no success. I failed to mention earlier the led light next to the connection is not on while plugged in. I have contacted the insurance company and they are sending a replacement. I just want to make sure its not something I did while rooting my phone as I will be doing it to the replacement.:biggrin:

I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure that problem wasn't from rooting. I would say it probably has more to do with the phones age.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

I have unrooted the phone and reinstalled the stock FRG83G and still have the question mark. Highly doubt it was from the root. This phone was a replacement I just received in the mail from the isurance co.

IMHO the question mark over your battery comes from using the "SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf" file which is NOT the rooting .sbf file in the OP and required by this thread. The aforementioned file is unfortunately still in wide spread 'use' in several other threads and youtube videos which I wish had been deleted and/or taken down as it was the method and file that was used a long, long, long, time ago.

While unrooting, did you do a factory data reset and please tell us the exact and specific name of the file you used to unroot. That way we may be able to help you back along the way.

Again, the rooting .sbf file contained in the OP of this thread will NOT under any circumstances give anyone else the result you ended up with, no matter what version of Android was on their Motorola A855 phone to begin with.

That is an excellent thread, however you still failed to answer my question of whether you did the factory data reset (or wipe data and cache). That usually gets rid of most other little problems. And CJM might be right, but I have had my phone since Nov 9, 2009, and it still works just fine.

And I am working on that dead link, everytime 8-12 months or so, my server gets hungry for some extra attention.

good luck

sorry about that. Yes i did both "wipe cache partition" and "wipe data/factory reset" before unrooting.

Here is a new development, phone is completely dead so I connected it to the computer I used to root it. Charging light comes on but only with the phone off. I waited a while and turned the phone on and charging light goes out.

It sounds like the age of the battery, try charging it with the wall charger. I know my two original batteries are showing their age.

I'm re-rooting my D1, just wondering if its okay to install "RZR-2.0.3-recovery_only.sbf" during RDS instead of the "MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.sbf" file? I don't really want SPRecovery. Just wondering if I can skip SPR and just go straight to RZR...

I'm re-rooting my D1, just wondering if its okay to install "RZR-2.0.3-recovery_only.sbf" during RDS instead of the "MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.sbf" file? I don't really want SPRecovery. Just wondering if I can skip SPR and just go straight to RZR...

Yes you can!

Sent from my rooted, ROM'd, and Safestrapped XT862

Back