[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

Wow very nice, thank you very much. I figured I'd try to help out with a problem I ran into when first doing this though. Some how I managed to get a version of Rsdlite just a little bit earlier than 4.6. Just wanted to let you know if anyone gets an error like failed flashing unable to initialize using ini file, or something along those lines updating to version 4.6 solved that for me. I was using a windows xp system if anyone wanted to know. Thanks again for the post, it was very helpfull.

Hi guys, new to the forum I just have 1 quick question.

My brother gave me his droid 1 (because he bought an iphone and now has Verizon) he flashed it for me at a metro pcs...since I am new to the droid i recently found out about rooting. I currently only have talk and text and want to add internet and mms but it must be rooted to follow those instructions.

If I follow these instructions to root my phone will I lose my metroflash? Thanks in advance. Have a nice day

I currently only have talk and text and want to add internet and mms but it must be rooted to follow those instructions.

If I follow these instructions to root my phone will I lose my metroflash? Thanks in advance. Have a nice day
Rooting your phone shouldn't affect your metro flash.

good luck

MotoCache1 you are truly the Android God that walks among us... You made this so easy to understand, I had to do it! Thanks, now I
have Tethering and no ads. FINALLY! You should really have called this "Rooting For Dummies', it truly makes things easily understandable.

Thanks Again!

10 times ten = %100

Just Rooted my second Droid 1, it had been awhile but it worked great, following step 10 is the only challenging part. I might recommend that people "read step 10 ten times" 10 times ten = %100 Thanks again!

Moto Droid keeps rebooting and i have a no smoking sign over the Battery icon

I need help i followed your steps which were great and everything seems to have gone right. except phone keeps rebooting a minute or 2 after booting all the way into os and i also get a no smoking sign over the battey icon and it states i need to charge battery. Battery is fully charged and i have tested other batteries and same issue any ideas.

I need help i followed your steps which were great and everything seems to have gone right. except phone keeps rebooting a minute or 2 after booting all the way into os and i also get a no smoking sign over the battey icon and it states i need to charge battery. Battery is fully charged and i have tested other batteries and same issue any ideas.

If your getting this
uanu8.png
it means your phone isnt recognizing the battery. It may be a long shot, but have you tried cleaning the battery contacts on the phone? Happened to me once is why I suggest it.

i tried that also and no luck, what about the LED light coming on when booting and staying red any clues.

So because i'm an admin IT guy and did not properly put my Dev hat on i didn't think about this till a couple of hours ago. So SPRecovery only allows you to install update.zip file, i was hung on that and thought that's all i could do and i did that a couple of times to no avail. So i said to myself what if i take the MIUI rom which is what i've been using on my incredible for almost a year now it rocks. So i took MIUI rom saved it to sdcard on my pc renamed the file to update.zip and tada i'm good. It defiantely was something with OS and it was just quite annoying. Thank you though for your help you probably knew that you could do that but that's why you're a developer and i'm not. :biggrin:

Back