Screenshots of peoples Droid desktops?

Lol she is preety hot I just met her not to long ago

Well, you better be workin' it:)

Last one for today.... I promise!
Details on the blog

zSScu.jpg

She looks pretty nice as well:) Haha

Nice!! One of my favorite from you

Basically the same, just changed my wallpaper and tweaked my dock a little bit. Have no idea what would be cool to have "underneath" the wallpaper and floating launcher icon. Any ideas?

Sweet, thanks! I just installed in a little bit ago and I have a few questions.
I've searched stuff but it's always better to talk with someone who actually has it.
I'm assuming I can't use iTunes or Safari with it?
And are there themes for it?

Plenty of themes for Ubuntu. Plenty of software. There is a blog on how to install Safari on Ubuntu.

Basically, I would google "Ubuntu Safari" or, if you want to get support from the forum replace "ubuntu" with "ubuntuforums".

I usually select "Past month" to keep things current. Otherwise, you will find a lot of older posts. (I assume you loaded 10.10)

If I could dump 90% of Verizons apps, I would be happy. Any suggestions? I am rooted, but that's as far as I've gone.

FYI - If you get comfortable with using the command line, Linux can do amazing things - FAST.

MarkN

Plenty of themes for Ubuntu. Plenty of software. There is a blog on how to install Safari on Ubuntu.

Basically, I would google "Ubuntu Safari" or, if you want to get support from the forum replace "ubuntu" with "ubuntuforums".

I usually select "Past month" to keep things current. Otherwise, you will find a lot of older posts. (I assume you loaded 10.10)

If I could dump 90% of Verizons apps, I would be happy. Any suggestions? I am rooted, but that's as far as I've gone.

FYI - If you get comfortable with using the command line, Linux can do amazing things - FAST.

MarkN

Yeah, I want an iOS based theme, I really like the dock system it has.
Yeah, I searched for that a bit ago, a lot of steps to get it to work but that's okay:)
Unfortunately, I read that you couldn't use iTunes. That's a drawback.
Yes, I loaded 10.10
I see people with macs and stuff have Android widgets on their desktops, like FancyWidget, etc. Is that possible?

Yeah, I plan on learning everything. What exactly can you do with it?
Sorry for all of the questions haha

And is there a way to have a normal zoom? Everything is stretched.

Last edited:
Android is technically a linux distro in its own way.... And why would you want Safari? Easy browser exploits according to Pwn2Own...

Edit: The normal zoom you refer to isn't your desktop resolution is it?

Edit: Sauce on the lockscreen chick?!?!

Android is technically a linux distro in its own way.... And why would you want Safari? Easy browser exploits according to Pwn2Own...

Edit: The normal zoom you refer to isn't your desktop resolution is it?

Edit: Sauce on the lockscreen chick?!?!

How would you add Android widgets then?

I don't know, I like the look and prefer the setup, esp. bookmarks. I've been thinking of trying out Chrome again though.

Everything is zoomed out and really skinny.

I don't know specifics about the GUI. I have seen some impressive desktops.

Since I have been around computers since before Windows or Apple, the CLI is faster and easier for me than the GUI.

Everything depends on what you want to do with your system. A lot of people will load Linux on old systems, since it is not the resource hog that Windows is. And if you have not read about it, you can dual boot a Windows box, if Linux is loaded second.

I don't know specifics about the GUI. I have seen some impressive desktops.

Since I have been around computers since before Windows or Apple, the CLI is faster and easier for me than the GUI.

Everything depends on what you want to do with your system. A lot of people will load Linux on old systems, since it is not the resource hog that Windows is. And if you have not read about it, you can dual boot a Windows box, if Linux is loaded second.

Me too! Looks like I have a lot of reading to do.
I read about the dual boot but it didn't really give specifics other than it's possible.
How exactly does it work? And right now, I'm only trying it on the disc, if I boot windows, will it save all my settings and what not for when I boot Ubuntu up again?

Back