The official Droid Turbo battery life thread.

Is this good?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418185191517.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1418185191517.png
    333.6 KB · Views: 222
Well, I did a couple of things this morning. I found that location mode was set to high accuracy, so I changed that to the battery saving mode. I also changed the mobile network from global to LTE/CDMA. Now, it seems better, although I wanted to see what you think about the awake time graph. I had read this whole thread before I posted but I guess I hadn't paid enough attention to that. But I am not sure if the graph is where I want it to be yet, it still looks pretty bad but it seems my percentage is much higher than usual for this time of day.View attachment 73759 View attachment 73760
Well it's certainly better than earlier. Instead of solid blue is at least fragmented now but there's still room for improvement. If I were to guess I'd say that instead of 100%, it's now about 30-35%.

The good thing is that it's mostly only blue during screen on which is what you want.

ec18d35b93dee8081e3f851f107a26a3.jpg

Last edited:
Well I still have an issue I guess... Android system seems to be keeping the phone awake, what now?
Screenshot_2014-12-10-13-44-51.png
Screenshot_2014-12-10-13-44-58.png
Screenshot_2014-12-10-13-45-06.png

Well I still have an issue I guess... Android system seems to be keeping the phone awake, what now?View attachment 73777 View attachment 73778 View attachment 73779
From what I see the Android OS is awake a lot, but it does not appear to be consuming that much of your battery. Much better awake battery usage overall. Maybe someone with more knowledge can provide insight into the OS showing awake so much. I see that a lot on my Samsung tablet, but not on my Droid Turbo phone.

The questions I would have are, what (if any), applications are you running to sync data, such as social networking, file to cloud backups, email, text applications, anything essentially that does data transfer and especiallly if they're running in the background? I agree with @TDL1068 , it doesn't seem to be consuming a lot of battery power, but it is still remaining "awake" far more than it should IMHO.

I don't even have the facebook app installed, I am not sure what it could be. As of now I am down to 54% with 10 hours on battery, which is worse than yesterday at this time. Android has kept it awake for 5 hours, 13 minutes, and I only have 47 minutes of screen time. I wish there was some way to see what exactly is doing it, but I guess I'll either have to start uninstalling stuff or FDR. My 14 day window is ending soon.

Edited to add, if an app can cause all this awake time, which causes the battery drain, why wouldn't that app show in the list as using a high percentage of the battery? Or in gsam? Why is it showing up as the OS?

Last edited:
Well, it has been a few days now, and I have uninstalled most everything I use except for my email app. But still,l I get to the end of the day with less than 40% of the battery and no more than 2 hours of screen time. I just don't get it. But, it doesn't matter anyway, I have to return the phone tomorrow. We got this phone thinking we needed the new line for work, but it turns out they are supplying a company phone, which we just found out. I just hope they will let us out of the contract on the new line, as we are still in the 14 day grace period. So I will go back to my Moto X, where I get the same performance out of the battery at half the size. I'm a little bummed but that's the breaks, at least I'm not having to give up a phone I was completely happy with.

Well I don't know what to say at this point but for me the phone has stabilized to a point where it's getting through an entire day and 4-5 hours of screen time, an hour or more of calling and is left with about half of the power. Last night I steamed audio for several hours as well.

b15666f629c454feb1c129724db04eaf.jpg

36576ad47923eb441c51d33056168886.jpg

e482a330a1a9feb3eca04a11dacfb741.jpg

b4f947d32c12dc92d9ab6575967e3191.jpg

In the example above I've only used 5% and with almost 20 minutes of screen time and 3.5 minutes of calling that's pretty good. I think that the OS just needs time to settle down. That said, an FDR is always an option.

In you're case however if you don't need the phone then the point is moot. I wish we could have had better luck getting you fixed up but time is not on your side. Taking it back now will result in a full refund and no early termination fees but you may differ a restocking fee. If so, complain of the battery life humbly and ask for them to waive the fee.

Mine has gotten steadily better as well. I'm off charger since 6am (its now 2 pm) and I'm at 90% battery. Not a lot of heavy useage about 45 mins screen time but mostly phone calls.

I charged my turbo, overnight for the first time with the supplied turbo charger. And its battery life(especially standby) is doing much better and to think.. I already get 7 hours of on screen time. Bet I can get more out of it now..

I've been reading this forum for quite some time now and finally made an account. Thank you Foxkat and everyone else's insight as to preserving the condition of batteries. For me, my Turbo's battery life has been great. I'm pretty obsessive when it comes to the battery life ever since my old iPhone 5 went from 8 or so hours of use to less than 5 after an OS update. With that being said, I chose the Turbo and right now I'm at 1 Day 6 hours-ish on battery and about 5 hours on screen time. And I'm a pretty heavy screen on time user. I definitely see an improvement with the VoLTE update.
Edit: forgot to add I'm currently at 37% with the above usage times

I've been reading this forum for quite some time now and finally made an account. Thank you Foxkat and everyone else's insight as to preserving the condition of batteries. For me, my Turbo's battery life has been great. I'm pretty obsessive when it comes to the battery life ever since my old iPhone 5 went from 8 or so hours of use to less than 5 after an OS update. With that being said, I chose the Turbo and right now I'm at 1 Day 6 hours-ish on battery and about 5 hours on screen time. And I'm a pretty heavy screen on time user. I definitely see an improvement with the VoLTE update.
Edit: forgot to add I'm currently at 37% with the above usage times
Welcome to droid forums :)

Back