Tips to Help Improve Battery Life on ThunderBolt

Green power is similar to juice defender but it actually works.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

I've been using juice defender beta just fine for about three days now. it has helped, but I can't say for sure that is the main reason for my better battery life, I've made a few other changes as well.

Plus the battery just seems to be working better after a few charge cycles, and I didn't really have that much of an issue in the first place. It was about as good out of the box as my D1 was stock.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Battery Threads

One of the prime topics of conversation on the TB is the battery. We have a lot of open threads on this subject. While I don't mind having two or 3, after that it get's a bit ridiculous.

Just letting people know if your thread got merged in here, that's the reason why. Seems like the OP has a unique situation, and then the thread turns into a regular battery thread. So we will be consolidating. these threads from time to time.

Sick of seeing people cry about battery threads !!

people need to put their phones down once in a while. I work with a guy that has D2 and he says when he first got it he was only getting two hours out of a full charge and had to buy an extended battery,another guy has DX and says his battery life sucks. After a few tweaksI'm at 50 percent battery right now and charged my phone 12 hours ago !! A full charge has been lasting me 18 hours and I'm happy about it although I'm still planning on buying an extended battery and hoping to get a full day......also why aren't people complaining about their laptop batteries ? mine only gets 2 hours on a full charge ........short battery life is reality when it comes to smart phones , DEAL WITH IT !! IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON AND TALK ABOUT MORE IMPORTANT THINGS !

My TB is coming in today, and I am worried, wondering if I made the right decision, seeing so many issues with the battery. I am going to stop reading the posts and just see what happens. I knew when I bought it the battery was an issue, I'm just going to take the tips from the threads to extend battery life and hope for the best!

My TB is coming in today, and I am worried, wondering if I made the right decision,

You made a decision based on info you had available, as did we all.
You'll just have to find out for yourself what a piece of crap the TB is, then return it.

My TB is coming in today, and I am worried, wondering if I made the right decision, seeing so many issues with the battery. I am going to stop reading the posts and just see what happens. I knew when I bought it the battery was an issue, I'm just going to take the tips from the threads to extend battery life and hope for the best!
if you're going to use it as a gaming module take it back and buy a ps3 . If not you should just follow the advice in the battery advice thread and use it and you will be fine and love this phone. I used the advice in that thread and my phone is doing fine. Kinda like society today most people would obviously prefer sitting on their butts and complain rather than fixing their problems themselves

I would rather have a fully stocked battery bandolier than return my Tbolt.

if you're going to use it as a gaming module take it back and buy a ps3 . If not you should just follow the advice in the battery advice thread and use it and you will be fine and love this phone. I used the advice in that thread and my phone is doing fine. Kinda like society today most people would obviously prefer sitting on their butts and complain rather than fixing their problems themselves

No gaming here, that's what my xbox is for. I don't "need" a smartphone, I just wanted one and finally caved. :) I am average use, average texts and phone calls. The only games are the ones my 8yr old will want to play! Thanks for the positive words! It seems like there are alot of fixes to work around the battery issues.

Come on fedex, bring me my new toy... dancedroid

No gaming here, that's what my xbox is for. I don't "need" a smartphone, I just wanted one and finally caved. :) I am average use, average texts and phone calls. The only games are the ones my 8yr old will want to play! Thanks for the positive words! It seems like there are alot of fixes to work around the battery issues.

sounds like you're in the same situation as me. you will love this phone

U also gotta think you are basically running miniature dual-core computer on a 1400mAh battery. You cant expect to have that great of battery life in the couple of days because you know you will be playing with the phone and checking out apps constantaly. I mean first week or so you will prolly have moderate/heavy usage. Also i mean you can buy extended batteries for it if you must have the extra few hours. After You start getting use to the phone and having light/moderate usage then the battery life will go up. Just Remember these phones are running a lot of power on such a small battery.

One of the prime topics of conversation on the TB is the battery. We have a lot of open threads on this subject. While I don't mind having two or 3, after that it get's a bit ridiculous.

Just letting people know if your thread got merged in here, that's the reason why. Seems like the OP has a unique situation, and then the thread turns into a regular battery thread. So we will be consolidating. these threads from time to time.

good idea,,,I'm kinda surprised you haven't given this one a sticky yet

Oh, man, I feel sorry for you, you are like a virgin that's about to get raped! (too strong for this forum?) There is no average use with this phone.
Good luck getting my 4-year-old to stop playing Angry Birds...

U also gotta think you are basically running miniature dual-core computer on a 1400mAh battery. You cant expect to have that great of battery life in the couple of days because you know you will be playing with the phone and checking out apps constantaly. I mean first week or so you will prolly have moderate/heavy usage. Also i mean you can buy extended batteries for it if you must have the extra few hours. After You start getting use to the phone and having light/moderate usage then the battery life will go up. Just Remember these phones are running a lot of power on such a small battery.
I agree 100 percent !!! What these phones can do is amazing and I'm satisfied with mine

After a few tweaksI'm at 50 percent battery right now and charged my phone 12 hours ago !! A full charge has been lasting me 18 hours and I'm happy about it... short battery life is reality when it comes to smart phones , DEAL WITH IT !! IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON AND TALK ABOUT MORE IMPORTANT THINGS !

My experience has been exactly the same. I was able to get 12 hours in and still have 50% life. I would say I used it more yesterday than I would have normally used my OG Droid. My coworkers all spent some time testing it out, though nothing extensive, still added up to more use than I normally would give it during the work day. If 12 hours puts me at 50% with higher usage, I'm satisfied.

My screen brightness is on 20% and still seems brighter than my droid. I am running on 3g, not 4g. GPS, Bluetooth and Wifi are off, until I need to use them. I have 3 push email accounts. Use the browser multiple times throughout the day and get a few rounds of angry birds in as time permits. About an hour or so of phone calls a day, many texts and a few photos. I check the weather routinely and have a few random apps I use. Maybe I'm not as much as a power user... but I feel i get my money worth.

So because you're sick of seeing people cry about battery threads, you create another thread to allow them to cry some more about it?

Merge coming shortly.

Back