Update failed?!

Did they try flashing your phone there?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
I spent an hour with Tech support trying all the things I had tried during the day. Ended up they are sending me another phone. Probably that's what they will have to do with you. It seems they are not equipped to reflash the phone but I'm sure Motorola is. They probably send all their returns to a repair center to refurbish them. If they don't reflash the boot loader the next owner is going to have the same issue. My error is MTD:BOOT that's where it stops everytime. It has to be the altered kernel.

I just need that framework-res apk and dont know where to start.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jennandjoey76,
I can email it to you if you like. PM me with your email. I read about updating the framework-res.apk and I was afraid I would screw up the permissions and some people had mentioned their phone got stuck in a reboot loop because they made the mistake. That's why I used the method to wipe the phone and reinstall the OS from the image while the phone was connected to my computer.

I was hoping that all I had to do is install that apk and the update would take but I want nothing to do with the reboot loop. I may get ahold of you guys later on for the apk, but until I know its 100% safe, im not gonna touch it.

Well, I tried to flash manually, and it wants the DLNA package I uninstalled. Tried to restore it from Titanium Backup, but it just spins and spins and doesn't go anywhere. First time I haven't been able to restore a backed up application. Guess I'm going to have to reflash back to a stock image (with all the bloatware intact) in order to get the upgrade, then painstakingly apply all of my modifications. Doesn't anybody have a rooted, COMPLETE image (not just the update package) of the new maintenance level I could just load up like any other custom ROM??

I finally got mine updated and when I get home ill give my steps. I had The zumocast install failed error

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Well, I tried to flash manually, and it wants the DLNA package I uninstalled. Tried to restore it from Titanium Backup, but it just spins and spins and doesn't go anywhere. First time I haven't been able to restore a backed up application. Guess I'm going to have to reflash back to a stock image (with all the bloatware intact) in order to get the upgrade, then painstakingly apply all of my modifications. Doesn't anybody have a rooted, COMPLETE image (not just the update package) of the new maintenance level I could just load up like any other custom ROM??

That's why I just freeze the apps with Titanium Backup. I'm too skiddish that something will go wrong if I uninstall it(which is what appears to have happened to you). It sucks that phones can't just come without the extra garbage.

My sentiments exactly. There should definitely be such an image. It's not like a PC where hardware differences would make such an image useless to anyone without the exact same specs. What will work on one Bionic you would think would work on any Bionic. I too am dreading starting over. I have it right where I want it for the most part. I do get quite a few data connections problems though, especially when traveling. If I stay right in town it doesn't seem to be an issue much. Even less since we got 4GLte (a beautiful thing for sure :)) I'm probably going to hold out for a while to see if anyone comes up with a work around. If nothing comes up in a couple weeks I will likely go the long route. This is actually a serious problem to any of us who like to modify their own property. Verizon is obviously doing their best to make it a pain in the ass for us. I mean if we have to do a damn format every time an update comes out that would suck.

ok to do the fix i did. I was rooted, forever rooted and stock. Well as stock as i could be without zumocast, but after puting zumocast in every single folder i possible could i had to come up with a different solution. So what i did was run p2d_targa_cdma_targa-user-2.3.4-5.5.1_84_DBN-55-110814-release-keys-Verizon-US in rsd lite. then i went into R3l3AS3DRoot and ran #4. I figured between doing both that one of them would fix my problem. Then the download worked. i'm now unrooted, but i'm pretty sure theres a fix for that, i just know i have the ota

Well, i did a factory reset and i still get the same error. Probably gonna have to RSD and go that route. Only problem is i couldn't get the 4ever root to work for me. I could only get petes to work. Ill have wait till this weekend so i can have computer access.

Well, i did a factory reset and i still get the same error. Probably gonna have to RSD and go that route. Only problem is i couldn't get the 4ever root to work for me. I could only get petes to work. Ill have wait till this weekend so i can have computer access.

check your settings in Settings/Applications pake sure the Unknown sources is checked and on the same page open Development the top entry USB Debugging needs to be checked. That should get 4ever root to work.

I kept getting that adb error. I got to looking around, since i have vista i have to unpack those exe files and that is supposed to get it to work. I dont know, though. I guess i need to rsd and then go forever root way. Ill give it a try tonight or tomorrow.

Fixed! RSD'd the smaller tar.gz file. Hung a little on stage 3 but worked. Then forever rooted (finally worked) then downloaded and installed the OTA.

just a note I am on my 3rd bionic from verison I will never get another one from them all 3 will not update none have 3 or 4 g most of the time big wast of time and money.I'm no phone tech I don"t have time to try to mess with a junk phone :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:any one want to buy a phone??

Back