VZW Galaxy Nexus Experiencing Signal Issues; Verizon Acknowledges & Working on Fix

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
VZW-tweet-g-next-signal-issues.PNG

It seems that some users are experiencing some signal issues with their brand new ICS device, the Galaxy Nexus. In a tweet, Verizon shared that the issue is being investigated and that a software fix is being developed to deal with the problem. The issue seems to be related to sporadic signal strength LTE performance drops and calls dropped due to low signal strength. Sound off in the forums if you are one of the unlucky users with these issues.

Source: TheVerge

i am one of the unlucky users that have bad signal, not enough to drop calls but enough to cripple data. i hope vzw rushes this out :mellow:

Hopefully this will address the issues. I've had no problems with signal outdoors, but the second I walk inside, my phone is pretty much useless. Was going to be returning the phone today or tomorrow unless Samsung or Verizon acknowledged the issues. Hope they get this one corrected because apart from the bad signal issues, the phone has been wonderful.

My 4G tends to hang up here and there, drop to 3G, or drop out altogether but I had the same problem with my OG. I almost want to say it's my apartment which is strange since I'm in Dallas. 4G is much faster at work in Coppell and never drops. Still, it'd be nice to see some timely "official" support. It's something we aren't very used to in the community.

No issues for me, i'm on 4g all day, i even stopped using my home wifi because its so fast. I use around 1.5gb a month so i can't say that i'm on it constantly but its there when i need it. On the other hand i did have 4g drops with the RAZR i had for a month... So the Galaxy is a step up for me.

yeah 3g has been dropping in and out like crazy for me as well. Have considerably less signal at my house than I did with my D1.

I've already been told by VZW to return mine for a new one. Apparently Samsung wants these devices with bad reception back so they can examine them.

Tap'd from my Galaxy Nexus

I returned my first one the second day I had it (due to random reboots) but it was dropping data pretty bad. GNex #2 isn't doing any better ... this one will be going back tonight too. Not due to data (I think that's a software issue - I hope!) but because while showing off my new toy at work, it froze up (of course) and I had to do a battery pull. When I took the back cover off I was hit with that burning electric smell :blink: Everything still works, but even hours later I can smell it. Call *611 and they said an exchange shouldn't be an issue. Even offered to waive $35 restocking fee if I decided to go to another device ... don't see that happening - yet lol

i am one of the unlucky users that have bad signal, not enough to drop calls but enough to cripple data. i hope vzw rushes this out :mellow:

didn't think i was, but here I am in my office, where my good ol' DX used to get 4 bars... and its totally dead.

I got the GN to replace my Thunderbolt and gave the Thunderbolt to my girlfriend. Friday night we were at the mall with her kids and they each had one of our phones. Both wanted to download Angry Birds. The TB had 4g and the GN could only get 3g. The TB had Angry birds downloaded and installed in a matter of seconds while the other kid sat there in the shoe section of Macy's pouting whiule he waited for AB to download. Took almost 15 minutes.

Standiong right next to each other...yea...I'd say it has some signal strength issues. Maybe that's why the battery wears down so fast as it is struggling to get a signal? Just a guess.

Nate

Well so much for everyone in the Galaxy Nexus section telling me this phone is perfect. I can sit my Rezound or RAZR next to this phone and have working LTE while my Nexus has little or no LTE connectivity.

Ima bet that the devs will have us a fix for this thing before verizon does.

I am one of the unlucky ones with 3g/4g connectivity issues. Mine will frequently have no data at all. I still love the device, but I'm definitely looking forward to the fix.

Back