Where is z4root?

Install Astro file manager. It'll be under download and should just be an .apk.

DroidForums junkie!!

K, got it downloaded. Whats the basic procedure to get it onto the DX and run it?

If im correct, you weren't able to download this by using your phone. If so, you will have to copy it to your sd card from you pc or laptop. Do this by usb. Make sure debugging mode is on and go to mass storage mode. Drag .apk from computer to sd card. The file should then be on your phone afteryou disconnect and let the sd card mount. Use astro or root explorer(this is what I use) and click on the .apk. (it will be under sd card) it should ask you to install. Click install and after it installs open the apk. choose root and you should be good to go

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Downloaded fine on mine..

K, got it downloaded. Whats the basic procedure to get it onto the DX and run it?

If im correct, you weren't able to download this by using your phone. If so, you will have to copy it to your sd card from you pc or laptop. Do this by usb. Make sure debugging mode is on and go to mass storage mode. Drag .apk from computer to sd card. The file should then be on your phone afteryou disconnect and let the sd card mount. Use astro or root explorer(this is what I use) and click on the .apk. (it will be under sd card) it should ask you to install. Click install and after it installs open the apk. choose root and you should be good to go

DroidForums junkie!!

For me it just kept telling me download unsuccessful. Just tried it again and did the same but if it worked for you, good :)

Just tried to download to my dx, but said download not supported by my device.

Sent from my Droid X

Hmm...interesting. I digress.

DroidForums junkie!!

PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

DroidForums junkie!!

You need to have an app like astro installed to use the stock browser, but most 3rd party browsers will download it without astro installed

You can find it here. I downloaded the apk to my desktop, put it on my phone, then opened it from good ol' Files.

Or you can just grab it here. dancedroid

In order to upload it to DF, I had to change the file extension to ".zip". You will need to change it back to ".apk" in order for it to work properly.

Download the file
Rename it to z4root.apk
Copy it to the root of your SD card.
Single tap and install.

Attachments

• z4root.1.3.0.zip
    955.5 KB · Views: 11,480
:huh:

In order to upload it to DF, I had to change the file extension to ".zip". You will need to change it back to ".apk" in order for it to work properly.

Download the file
Rename it to z4root.apk
Single tap and install.

Techno-dummy, here. Got it downloaded onto my A855, Single tap the filename (in Astro) and it has two choices: "Extract to this Directory" and "Extract to new Directory". I don't have a clue.

This is my first post, so go easy. . .
I let the ota 2.2.1 screw up my rooted phone. It's crippled, but not bricked (yet).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Download the file
Rename it to z4root.apk
Single tap and install.

Techno-dummy, here. Got it downloaded onto my A855, Single tap the filename (in Astro) and it has two choices: "Extract to this Directory" and "Extract to new Directory". I don't have a clue.

I let the ota 2.2.1 screw up my rooted phone. It's crippled, but not bricked (yet).

Don't single tap. Longpress and choose rename. Change z4root.zip to z4root.apk

Download the file
Rename it to z4root.apk
Single tap and install.

Don't single tap. Longpress and choose rename. Change z4root.zip to z4root.apk

Sorry I didn't finish. After you've renamed, then you single tap and choose install

Yes, please, I thought I explained that. The file is NOT..NOT..NOT a zip file, it is in fact an apk file.

Download the file and RENAME it to .apk instead of .zip. Upload it to your phone, and single tap.

i need some help, im new to the forum and android. I wanted to root my phone so i can dump some of the preinstalled junk. I followed directions posted here by scf. seemed to be working. I was able to install app, and open i clicked to temporarily root. Now its got a blue screen that has a z4mod logo at the top and it reads "running exploit in order to obtain root access..." It has a wheel that is turning in the center of the screen. but its been like this for nearly 15 minutes!! is that normal? im afraid to touch it and interrupt progress if its working. what should i do?

Back