Where is z4root?

Many thanks :)

Or you can just grab it here. dancedroid

In order to upload it to DF, I had to change the file extension to ".zip". You will need to change it back to ".apk" in order for it to work properly.

Download the file
Rename it to z4root.apk
Copy it to the root of your SD card.
Single tap and install.

Thanks a lot...
This really saved me a lot of hassle...

fixed it and got it thanks...now what is the differance between temp. root and perm. root cause when i had the 2.2 i used it and it was differant does someone know?

fixed it and got it thanks...now what is the differance between temp. root and perm. root cause when i had the 2.2 i used it and it was differant does someone know?

Well, Temp Root would be Temporary...which means after you reboot your phone you wont have root any longer and any root apps will not work..

Perm Root is Permanent Root...which surprisingly means, root is permanent, so when you reboot your phone you still have root access and root apps still work.

Come on now...did ya really have to ask this....:rofl3:

Well, Temp Root would be Temporary...which means after you reboot your phone you wont have root any longer and any root apps will not work..

Perm Root is Permanent Root...which surprisingly means, root is permanent, so when you reboot your phone you still have root access and root apps still work.

Come on now...did ya really have to ask this....:rofl3:

well yeah i had to ask i know what permanent and temporary means...but if you dont remember well, back in the day z4root was just a 2 procedure app. root and unroot i asked because i notice it was not the same in which case i rather be safe than sorry dancedroid hmmmm better yet ill rephrase it, if you root permanently can you unroot with z4root like before...

Regardless if it works or not. Temp root is gone upon reboot. Can cause serious issues at that point.

I rooted mine yesterday and unrooted it to check something. Now I'm trying to reroot my phone and it's is getting stuck on the spinning blue wheel. :( I even tried to reboot the phone and clear the cache partition :(

No, but the way it roots/unroots can be sloppy.

SuperOneClick -- you plug your phone into your computer and tell a program to root it and hopefully it works.

Or you can follow link 3 in my signature.

Does that mean there are still traces of the rooting on my droid from the first time? Without having to use a computer, could I fix Z4? Or if I use superoneclick, is it for mac as well?
Thanks I appreciate the help!

It's supposed to work on a Mac but I have only heard of one successful attempt to use it, and no details, without using bootcamp or something.

Just follow link 3 in my sig.

Back