Who thinks this NBA season will be cancled ?

Column: Durant is the anti-superstar superstar | Fox News

This is the one person who is entitled to win. There isn't one player in the NBA that can make me "star struck" except this guy!

Lebron needs to finish his career without a ring!
As humble as a superstar gets, well next to Duncan anyway. I'm glad there are young stars like Durant, Rose, Westbrook, and a few handful of others that "lay low". They live their quiet lives and it's nothing but business and fun for them on the court. It's good to see that the next generation of superstars has their humble bunch as the older stars like Nash, Duncan, Dirk, etc. start looking at retirement pretty soon. I think the torch has been passed to Durant and Rose. The league is in their hands and yet they remain so down to earth, not getting caught up in the spotlight, saying all the right things in the media, take full responsibility of their respected teams, and so on.

+1 to Lebron not finishing with a ring. He's the exact same person he was at 18; immature, childish, feeling of entitlement, and worst of all now he has 2 others stooges to boost his ego even more. He's an extremely talented player, but the guy behind the stat sheet is someone that represents everything wrong with the nba.

Battier is killing every game. Someone needs to play better d on him.

OKC defense is frustrating to watch right now. If anything they're coming out worse than they did first half

My goodness, what doesn't Durant do in the 4th right??!:hail::hail::hail::hail:

Miami got bailed out , especially that foul on Durant, some crap

dezymond said:
Miami got bailed out , especially that foul on Durant, some crap

Yep they were saved. Westbrook needs more control. He needs to defer when he's not clicking.

It has never been about OKC's defense in this series...because Miami does have the ability to score......it all comes down to OKC hitting their shots and outscoring the Heat, that's always been OKC's game.
That being said, OKC lost this game because Westbrook was outta control in the first 6 minutes of this game, that coupled with the Thunder uncharacteristically missing too many freethrows, oh yeah and that double foul on James at the end of the game!! what were the refs smokin??...first James hits Durant in the ribs with a forearm and then slaps Westbrook across the arm on the rebound, and neither of those are called??

By all accounts OKC could have easily won this games, just only on the points I mentioned above, that and of course Battier shooting tres like he has never done in his career...lol

GREAT SERIES Though so far!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Last edited:
I agree with you for the most part mbk, but OKC has proven they can play defense quite well, just look back at game 1 even. Tonight their defense wasn't as solid, as proven by all the wide open looks Battier got along with some other things. Battier has proven to be a threat in this series so now it's time for Brooks to make adjustments again.

Westbrook looked like the player for what he is always criticized for tonight. He was playing out of control, lazy on defense, and even "checked out" a couple of times on some plays. His shot selection was absolutely horrible and he dribbled out the clock way too many times. It's not completely Westbrook's fault either, I think Harden needs to be more aggressive, thank goodness he showed some aggression tonight and hopefully that'll continue onto game 3.

I just don't get how Perkins doesn't get any calls. The guy gets hit every rebound or shot attempt and yet Lebron gets a charge for shifting his body to the left a bit...so stupid...

They should over turn plays like that...Miami got a play reviewed in the ending minutes.

They should over turn plays like that...Miami got a play reviewed in the ending minutes.
This is why the nba needs a challenge play option for the HC like NFL does. A booth review decided by the refs is complete bs. The only way to review a play by a HC is by burning a timeout and then trying to convince the refs to look at it again. Stern talks about making the game more consistent, they might want to take a look at the tape from last night and rethink game 3. Refs had a huge helping hand in Miami's victory, that's for sure.

Referees always have a huge hand in their wins
Agreed again.

But seems Miami gets the most bailout calls. I know for a fact they give out some really late calls for Miami, I'm talking about 3-5sec after a play ends, it's ridiculous. It's like they wait to see if their crazy shots, especially by Wade, go in before making a call.

Let's see how tonight's game goes. Hopefully there's some refs with a brain in there tonight.

Let's see how tonight's game goes. Hopefully there's some refs with a brain in there tonight.
Some questionable calls and some missed ones imo so far. Haslem jumped into Ibaka and he didn't get the call, that's one.

Perkins and Ibaka have been pretty useless though. Only one big man is playing hard and that's Collison. Perkins and Ibaka couldn't rebound to save their lives right now and Perkins gotta start playing ugly like he did in Boston.

Perkins picked up his game.

A lot of terrible calls made so far.

Back