Liquid Gingerbread v2.3 Release

Just installed this on my D2. USB connection wouldn't charge my phone or let me hook up for mass storage, and it kept telling me my device didn't have enough space on it to install all my market apps. :(

Did you install Gapps?

No, Liquid doesn't require installing Gapps I thought? Market, Gmail, etc were all installed on first boot but something happened and it would recognize I plugged my phone in, but wouldn't charge it, and then it got through restoring about half my apps and then gave errors for the rest saying that I didn't have enough space on my phone for the apps (which was 100% not true!) .. I was not sure really what to do .. tried a battery pull, couple of reboots, and then just went back to CM7 for now ..

No, Liquid doesn't require installing Gapps I thought? Market, Gmail, etc were all installed on first boot but something happened and it would recognize I plugged my phone in, but wouldn't charge it, and then it got through restoring about half my apps and then gave errors for the rest saying that I didn't have enough space on my phone for the apps (which was 100% not true!) .. I was not sure really what to do .. tried a battery pull, couple of reboots, and then just went back to CM7 for now ..

I haven't installed Liquid, but they say to install like CM7, and CM7 requires GApps.

I haven't installed Liquid, but they say to install like CM7, and CM7 requires GApps.

Definitely do not need a seperate gapps zip to be flashed. Everything is included. Ill edit my post to be more specific.

Sent from my Droid 2 using Tapatalk

Flashed this baby last night and loving it, had LGB on my OG Droid before and now I can enjoy it on my D2.

This isn't related to LGB but maybe someone can help, I'm trying to install the Blur Alarm clock and I can't seem to get it working. I pulled the APK from my backup and moved it into /system/apps then changed permissions, rebooted and it is not showing up on my app drawer. I also tried installing it normally but it says unable to install system application. Do I need another APK to go with it? Any ideas?

EDIT: Also is it possible to use BlurCamera? I think I like that one better...

Last edited:
Is it possible to get more cpu governors? I noticed on my brothers OG he had like 5 or 6 to choose from. Its the same on CM too so I'm guess its a kernel issue

Sent from my Droid 2 using DroidForums

jrummy's Android overclock seems to be able to install cpu governors so that's one option if you need more. Unfortunately, it can't overclock anything on this rom. Has anyone found any reliable means of overclocking this?

jrummy's Android overclock seems to be able to install cpu governors so that's one option if you need more. Unfortunately, it can't overclock anything on this rom. Has anyone found any reliable means of overclocking this?

I know I read that if you use an overclock app called quickclock or something like that it prompts you to install some sort of mod thus allowing reliable overclock. I cannot confirm this and from where I read it its a paid app.

Is there any way of putting the blur camera on here? I like that one better than the aosp camera. No biggie if not, however it would be nice to have.

sent from my DROID2 running CM7

Ok so I'm running CM7 at the moment. Can I install Liquid without SBFing first?

Yes you can, since LGB is built off of cm7 they both boot off of the froyo kernel. Just wipe and install it as a normal rom.

Is there any way of putting the blur camera on here? I like that one better than the aosp camera. No biggie if not, however it would be nice to have.

sent from my DROID2 running CM7

Not sure since I havent tried it. I remember reading in one of the LGB threads that someone did try pushing it and couldnt get it to work. Sorry I dont remember which thread on which site though, following quite a few of them currently. However, if you got it working on cm7 then you may be able to.

So where can we find themes for this rom? Are the CM7 themes compatible with this rom.
I stil remember not long ago when we thought that the D2 would never get GB. Good job guys and thanks!

So where can we find themes for this rom? Are the CM7 themes compatible with this rom.
I stil remember not long ago when we thought that the D2 would never get GB. Good job guys and thanks!

Since it Liquid is CM based the theme chooser themes should work. At least they do for the D1
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

ROM seems great so far. I really don't know what to think about that boot animation lol.

Lmao the boot animation looks like it was taken out of a nes game with horrible graphics

Sent from my Droid 2 using DroidForums

Back