[ALPHA] Ice Cream Sandwich for the Pro

Looks like my GSM working was a freak accident. I flashed Jackpot's 2/10 build just to try it out. It didn't work, so I went back to this build, and now I just keep getting forced closes with the phone and mobile network not found errors.

Back to CM7 for me.

Nope, I'm one waiting in the wings for a camera fix, then I'm totally making the switch.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

I have sync'ed with Jackpot's and merged all the upstream changes from CM. Alpha 4 is ready for download.

typn.zip - ics-droidpro - Droid Pro TYPN Alpha 4 - Contains builds and sourcecode of Android ICS for the Droid Pro - Google Project Hosting

It's pretty fast. I don't personally use Google Apps anymore (moving away from botnet ;-) ), so if you have problems with Google Apps, let me know I will try to look at it. I know that Google Chrome doesn't work, but what's the reason to use Chrome when the built-in browser works like a dream?

I have sync'ed with Jackpot's and merged all the upstream changes from CM. Alpha 4 is ready for download.

typn.zip - ics-droidpro - Droid Pro TYPN Alpha 4 - Contains builds and sourcecode of Android ICS for the Droid Pro - Google Project Hosting

It's pretty fast. I don't personally use Google Apps anymore (moving away from botnet ;-) ), so if you have problems with Google Apps, let me know I will try to look at it. I know that Google Chrome doesn't work, but what's the reason to use Chrome when the built-in browser works like a dream?

Thanks!!!!
BTW, Do you think your build will works on GSM network?

Thanks!!!!
BTW, Do you think your build will works on GSM network?

Hey! I flashed your ROM onto my Droid Pro already.
I can successfully switch to GSM mode. (WCDMA preferred.)

However, the 3G data on GSM is not usable.
the 3G data icon is shown for a second and then gone.

Moreover, after reboot, my phone is switched back to Global Mode instead of GSM(WCDMA preferred) mode.

thank you
but,could you keep the Chinese system?

Hey! I flashed your ROM onto my Droid Pro already.
I can successfully switch to GSM mode. (WCDMA preferred.)

However, the 3G data on GSM is not usable.
the 3G data icon is shown for a second and then gone.

Moreover, after reboot, my phone is switched back to Global Mode instead of GSM(WCDMA preferred) mode.

I switched to GSM just fine, but if I tried to make a phone call, it force closed and switched me back to CDMA.

This build was definitely faster than the previous one, though.

Can u use the data on GSM then??
I can manage to make a phone call with GSM notwork. but i didnt test or try it in details, as i switched back to CM7 at once due to the non usable 3g data

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

- GSM switch (*#*#4363#*#* should get you there, however I haven't tested...)
this code works for me ...... i am on cdma verizon ..

alpha 5 running now

find the file /system/build.prop

Please сhange the option

ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=1
to
ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=0

This will improve GSM signal

Back