2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again..lol. Now watch Verizon pull this off their site, like Motorola did..... Then this thread goes to 200 pages until it gets locked...lol Hope not.
This was my post on page 28. Now it's almost to 200 and still now update.. lol

Well Benny they did change it from 2.0.1 to ESE53 so it's obvious it's getting close.

The pdf was offline for a few minutes and now this......

I'm going to guess it gets pushed out to users beginning tomorrow.

i have had my that in my book marks for a week or so and it has said the same thing for U.S. the whole time

Well Benny they did change it from 2.0.1 to ESE53 so it's obvious it's getting close.

This is the second round for it being changed. It has been updated one time several days ago. we can only hope.

I sure hope users start getting this update tomorrow but i doubt it.

so will there be away to dl it but not install it. i mean it has to dl somewhere on the phone before it can install. im only asking cause if i get the update,i only want to dl it and pull it off my phone so i can give it to devs.

Yeah I'm just guessing based on the "movement" we've seen in the past 4 hours.

By "movement" I mean the changes to the update page(s) on the site.

One thing is for sure it is very close.

so will there be away to dl it but not install it. i mean it has to dl somewhere on the phone before it can install. im only asking cause if i get the update,i only want to dl it and pull it off my phone so i can give it to devs.

No not a far as i know. The update gets pushed to the phone and once you agree to it it will begin the install.

Yeah I'm just guessing based on the "movement" we've seen in the past 4 hours.

By "movement" I mean the changes to the update page(s) on the site.

One thing is for sure it is very close.

Yeah the changes does have some significance but others hav said it has had the ESE53 screen shots on for a few days now. We may have to wait until the weekend but overall if it comes out on the weekend ill be happy.

We are droidholic.....seriously we are....damn you android! All love goes to google!

Make selection to install later.

Hook phone to computer, mount.

In root of your SD card should be update.zip

Copy to computer, unmount Droid.

You can then go to menu, settings, about phone, system updates to begin, or reboot.

If you reboot or select to install before mounting it you will lose it, because it is erased afterwards.

Oh yes...

Other new idiot- FAKE.

You guys all know they are not going to preface a push with a text message, even in testing.

For testing they KNOW which phones they are sending them out to. Would be pretty stupid (though I'll backtrack as evidence of past try) if they wanted to TEST the update and did it to RANDOM phones eh?

He didnt get it, and no one should give him any more of his past 15 minutes ...

I'll say again, if I get the triangle and notification, you'll all know because CK will be getting my update.zip quicker than you can say:

"But did zmeflyby get it yet?"

Let me see if I understand this. This page on Verizon is the same page we saw 2 days ago only they took it down and now it's back up is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back