2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh, another day full of glorious 2.0.1... Any news since yesterday at 4:30pm?? i notice something about a change in Verizon's PDF??? someone fill me in, i don't feel like reading...

This is the only change in the .pdf.

REMOVED: Email accounts no longer need to be re-entered after an over-the-air update

Other than that. The .pdf is exactly the same.

That sucks. so, they couldn't figure out how to not wipe out your information.

ahh, another day full of glorious 2.0.1... Any news since yesterday at 4:30pm?? i notice something about a change in Verizon's PDF??? someone fill me in, i don't feel like reading...

This is the only change in the .pdf.

REMOVED: Email accounts no longer need to be re-entered after an over-the-air update

Other than that. The .pdf is exactly the same.

That sucks. so, they couldn't figure out how to not wipe out your information.

Apparently. I just copied it from a post on the previous page to answer Seegan77's question.

If you're using IMAP - No big deal there to re-enter, no mail loss either.

Oh, and her name isn't "Gabriela A", that's her american screen name.

It's really isgonatellyoua storytoquietyouup

:icon_ laughup:

hears what i got out of a moto rep

Message.gif
Gabriela A: Hi, my name is Gabriela A. How may I help you?
Message.gif
kineo w: hi i was wondering about the status on the android 2.1 update for the droid
Message.gif
Gabriela A: The Android 2.1 upgrade for Droid by Motorola is being deployed to a small number of Verizon Wireless test users. It is expected that the broader phased rollout to all Droid users will begin shortly thereafter. But we do not know when you will be receiving the update.
Message.gif
kineo w: can you give me a time frame to expect it if there are not any problems
Message.gif
Gabriela A: We do not have any timeframes, sir, we apologize.
Message.gif
kineo w: i mean a week 2 weeks or more
Message.gif
Gabriela A: Approximately, 2 weeks.
Message.gif
kineo w: okay thanks
Message.gif
Gabriela A: You're welcome! If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!

I feel bad for those Verizon reps that have to keep fielding the same questions.
Especially when they tell someone they don't have a release date, and then the person asks something like "So it won't be out in March?"

They must have removed the caps lock key from all the reps' keyboards.

it reminds me of the Smurfs:

"Is it much farther, Papa Smurf?"
"Not far now...."
"Not far now...."
"YES, IT IS!"

I miss the 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back