2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me see if I understand this. This page on Verizon is the same page we saw 2 days ago only they took it down and now it's back up is that correct?
The schwartz is STRONG wit this one...

Well, we've had so much stuff up here over the last few days it's hard to keep track of. Things go up, they go down, they aren't real. You gotta catch your breath every once in a while.

Anyway this "appears" to be a good sign. Hopefully "soon" (there's that word again).:icon_ banana:

Well yesterday I bit the bullet for you guys so you could get the update quicker. What I mean is that I have horrible luck. I had gone back to stock only to find that they had already announced the delay...:mad:

So yesterday I reversed that decision, which means the update should begin streaming out any minute! You guys are welcome.

Well yesterday I bit the bullet for you guys so you could get the update quicker. What I mean is that I have horrible luck. I had gone back to stock only to find that they had already announced the delay...:mad:

So yesterday I reversed that decision, which means the update should begin streaming out any minute! You guys are welcome.

Thank you. I also see you stayed with your happy avatar. :)

The PDF's on the Droid Verizon support page has changed. I attached the pdf's that Chrome save for me on 3/17 (moto_droid.pdf) and a day later on 3/18 (moto_droid (1).pdf). This bullet point has been removed: Email accounts no longer need to be re-entered after an over-the-air update

This is better than UFO sightings : )

"Is it real?"

"I don't know. Looks fake"

"You think?"

"Maybe......hmmmm I don't know."
You may be on to something.

Do any of us really have Droids?

Perhaps this is a mass hallucination? Maybe someone - or some thing - is making us think we have these phones... This could actually be a pretext to an invation from alien forces outside of our galaxy... or dimension!!!

If this was the reason why it was delayed, I'll be very disappointed. My trust in VZW is already growing very thin.

ahh, another day full of glorious 2.0.1... Any news since yesterday at 4:30pm?? i notice something about a change in Verizon's PDF??? someone fill me in, i don't feel like reading...

I know... i know... Can't trust a motorola rep... and theres not really much new here.. but google pushes the update (or maybe she just meant google makes it?)
and she thinks some testers already have it...

Gabriela A: Hi, my name is Gabriela A. How may I help you?
Isaiah : Hi Gabriela
Isaiah : I've been hearing a lot about the 2.1 update for my Droid
Isaiah : and I was wondering if you could tell me when my phone will be updated with it?
Gabriela A: The update has already been released by a small group of testers. As soon as they approve it, the update will be pushed into your cellphone. You will receive a notification.
Isaiah : Do you have any idea when I might expect the update though?
Gabriela A: We do not have an exact date, but I assume the update will be ready for download within the next 2 weeks.
Isaiah : Oh, okay. Thank you
Isaiah : so, It might not even be out in march?
Gabriela A: No, sir, as I told you, we do not have an exact date of release.
Gabriela A: We apologize.
Isaiah : okay, i just have one more question
Gabriela A: Yes?
Isaiah : I'm a little confused over who actually sends the android 2.1 update; Does motorola send it out? or does google? or is it verizon?
Isaiah : do you know?
Gabriela A: Yes. Actually, the company that sends the update is Google.
Isaiah : Oh, wow okay

ahh, another day full of glorious 2.0.1... Any news since yesterday at 4:30pm?? i notice something about a change in Verizon's PDF??? someone fill me in, i don't feel like reading...

This is the only change in the .pdf.

REMOVED: Email accounts no longer need to be re-entered after an over-the-air update

Other than that. The .pdf is exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back