2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Motorola's planned rollout of the Android 2.1 operating system for its popular Droid smartphone has been delayed indefinitely -- with some reports blaming it on the discovery of a serious bug."

from
Droid's Android 2.1 Update Halted - www.enterprisemobiletoday.com

I didn't see anything different in that web page that we haven't discussed here. There were no credible sources except for BGR on the initial release.

And where did the words "delayed indefinitely" come up at. I read it twice and I didn't see it.

what a joke i am going to a diff phone after my contract

Its not the phones fault... we all want this update... but jeez... the phone is still bad a--... We are ALL annoyed at the lack of communication.. but come on now...

I read this yesterday at 8:50pm
"Saturday, 2k got it, Sunday there was nothing (likely waiting to hear of bug reports). Monday 10k more got it. As long as everything has gone smooth 200k a day will get it. I now wish I had kept the email my dad forwarded to me which would confirm this, maybe he still has it, I'll see if I can get a copy. He works for VZW, and it was an intra-company email. So I can confirm it's coming out, should be by the end of the next week fully out, unless it's been bugged up. Motorola (not Google, not VZW) is the one pushing it."

Let the picking apart being! again this informaton is not from me! lol

what a joke i am going to a diff phone after my contract

Why? Is there a problem with your Droid now? We received an update in December, we will get 2.1 when they get whatever issues are worked out with either the delivery or possibly a bug.

If you ever owned a smart phone previously, you would realize that things happen when it comes to updates. That's just the way it goes.

"Motorola's planned rollout of the Android 2.1 operating system for its popular Droid smartphone has been delayed indefinitely -- with some reports blaming it on the discovery of a serious bug."

from

I didn't see anything different in that web page that we haven't discussed here. There were no credible sources except for BGR on the initial release.

And where did the words "delayed indefinitely" come up at. I read it twice and I didn't see it.

I didn't look at that link, but I have read one report that stated indefinitely. I'm my vocabulary indefinitely means forever, but the way the article I read it, was more in the context of, date not determined.

someone explain this to me... (this is a serious question)... How did they discover a bug with the droid and not the Milestone? Isn't it the SAME device, just one runs on GSM and one CDMA?? Is it possible for CDMA to have a bug that GSM doesn't??

from

in the first sentence.

It would be nice (and I know this was discussed before) if maybe through motorola media link or something similar if you could just update it from their. The iphone updates it device through itunes. I know that the iphone is one device on one carrier; but it would just be faster then pushing it.

Droid Users: "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

Moto/Google/VZW: "If you kids don't shut up I'm going to turn this phone around right now and go home!

Droid Users: "Waaahh!!! He started it!!!'

Moto/Google/VZW: "If you kids don't shut up I'm going to turn this phone around right now and go home!

lol, sounds about right

from

in the first sentence.

Read it a third time. Didn't see it. Then I copied it to paste and THEN I saw it.:redface:

That's still the sites opinion, not fact.

This is so stupid

Droid Users: "Nexus Ones parent's (htc) are so much nicer. I HATE YOU'
*Motorola crashes the car*

there ya go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back