2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy reading the silly comments about class action lawsuits. It makes me laugh as to people's sense of priorities and "rights." It's like reading the comments in the Android Market and someone writing "I'd give this awesome app 5 stars but it's not free" or they have an amazing application but the icon isn't to their liking so they take off a star. Now if Motorola doesn't get out that live wallpaper update in the next few days as has been a confirmed rumor by various tech geeks who spoke to someone "high up" in the Verizon retail store, I'm going to...

LOL this is the exact thing that makes me laugh. Today people think they can sue for anything or they deserve things that are just a perk. People always think everything should be handed to them and they dont want to work for it. I mean to complain about an app not being free is dumb. To complain about the Icon of the app is just pure kindergarten BS. I laugh when i see people rating widgets low because it wont "Launch" and they dont read the instructions stating that it doesn't launch and don't read how to install a widget onto the phone. It purely stupidity at its finest with these types of people and that's what we see here today with people threatening to sue Motorola or Verizon because they aren't getting their update TODAY. Basically the way i see it is if they are complaining about an update not coming when they want it they need to go cry a river, build a bridge and get over it. We all hope the update comes soon but we aren't all on here crying about it.

Like everyone, patience was a virtue. I can honestly say that I checked on every forum to updates on engadget to gdgt to see if new updates for 2.1. But honestly, i'm damn glad i rooted my phone. This 2.1 update is pretty interesting but glad i rooted and can do what 2.1 and then some. So good for those who have 2.1 but i recommend rooting :)

Is there a hacks competition going on to see how many times they can get the term "Rooted" into this thread?

Hello everybody. Its your friendly neighborhood moderator reminding everyone that rooting is not the subject of this thread. Conversations will be deleted. I already issued a warning earlier today. Lets just keep on topic.

While bragging about being rooted is annoying, there are posts in this thread where the discussion is very relavent to the OTA 2.1 update

My biggest problem is that I CAN'T PLUG A PAIR OF HEADPHONES INTO MY D**N PHONE WITHOUT F'ING IT UP! Pardon the screaming. That's just patently ridiculous for a $600 piece of technology. If you're not going to release the entire 2.1 update (which, I'm under the impression, addresses that issue), at least fix my stupid headphone jack so I can actually use this "smartphone" like a smartphone.

I want the update, i want flash , email is not the best but i love my droid,
but what am i missing here headphones , bluetooth all work fine for me ?????

Fact: the us is now the 3rd world.

We can't even push out an update to a few million phones, yet it's happening across the pond.

How frakking sad.

Pretty sure the determination of a third world country has more to do with infantile mortality rate across the population, which yes has to due with technology, but not this kind :D

Or at least, thats what I was taught when I was growing up. ;)

Fact: the us is now the 3rd world.

We can't even push out an update to a few million phones, yet it's happening across the pond.

How frakking sad.

I beleive its more of a CDMA radio issue than the fact of it being pushed out. If other countries are getting the update and they are on GSM then it only makes sense the CDMA phone is having trouble adapting.

The original story was that BitFone had a problem but honestly if this is what BitFone does then i don't see them having a problem pushing out updates especially in increments of what 200k a day? If they were required to push it out all at the same time then yes i see a problem happening there but not 200k a day.

I disagree and here is why.

Verizon had to approve the update. Other carriers do as well, and typically approve at a much quicker rate. In addition, Motorola made a completely different build for the Milestone, including different features.

Take it for what you will, but I don't think the radio is a factor.

What ever happened to patience? I mean I understand society has changed to wanting results NOW, but it has been getting a bit ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I do like the thought of instant communication (hello, I bought a Droid), but seriously, what happened to good things come to those who wait. If you want something to go right, you need to be willing to wait for it to be done right. They've had a delay because something went wrong. They are fixing it. The majority of Droid owners probably don't even know about 2.1. It will come, to pass the time, get out and enjoy life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back