2014-2015 season NFL Chat

I was wrong. I was completely wrong. Cousins is not the future of the Redskins. Cousins will never see even see a decent career with those numbers.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

As I sit here another Sunday watching 7 different games i notice players are still getting hurt, injured, and concussed. If the nfl made the changes to the game and you could see a difference in player safety where the injuries were going down then i would be like "yeah this sucks but i understand ". But instead they are slowing down the game as well as effecting the quality. I can understand outlawing leading with the helmet or intentionally going for head shots. But to flag a player because while he was going for the quarterback so he lowered his head, to avoid helmet to helmet, and his hand smacked the helmet is out of control. Piledriving a qb when he has clearly let go of the ball is a penalty. But flagging because the qb threw it a split second earlier is bogus. The NFL is not protecting anyone they are just ruining the game.

End rant.

:mad:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, this game we self destructed in the first half and played up to par in the second. Totally 180 from the last 3 weeks.

Eagles offense had 0 rhythm and couple that with our second unit O-line, we were doomed. Foles got beat up for the second straight game. I like what I saw out of Eagle's defense though.

And it's about damn time Gore got the ball to run. Maybe those dummies Harbaugh and Roman will realize they need to have more of a running plan. They still don't look good offensively, especially if they had trouble with Eagles defense.

Eagles offense had 0 rhythm and couple that with our second unit O-line, we were doomed. Foles got beat up for the second straight game. I like what I saw out of Eagle's defense though.

And it's about damn time Gore got the ball to run. Maybe those dummies Harbaugh and Roman will realize they need to have more of a running plan. They still don't look good offensively, especially if they had trouble with Eagles defense.
Cowboys realized a couple of weeks ago heavily using their talented back field is a good thing. Perhaps Jim will have the lightbulb come on as well? Kap gets paid big bucks whether he throws or hands off and he doesn't have to worry about getting picked off for yet another bad read handing the ball to Frank .

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Cowboys realized a couple of weeks ago heavily using their talented back field is a good thing. Perhaps Jim will have the lightbulb come on as well? Kap gets paid big bucks whether he throws or hands off and he doesn't have to worry about getting picked off for yet another bad read handing the ball to Frank .

Eagles backfield is pretty damn talented, just wasn't on the field long enough to really find a rhythm. An O-line of secondary players and Niners defense, no way Eagles would find rhythm.

I was impressed with the defense though. They put up one hell of a fight right til the end. Yeah Gore ran for over 100yds, but considering the final score, I'd say not too bad.

Just a giant goose egg on offense and the same red zone troubles. I don't understand how Eagles have such trouble in the red zone, it's infuriating.

I think the entire 9er nation was yelling run the ball, at least that was what the 9ers station and forum was yelling. Still I think you guys should have ran the ball during that 2nd to last procession when you was on the goal line. I am telling you all of niner nation thought the game was lost. People were like...."here goes another let down". So you had us on our heals and we were in the perfect defense for a rb draw. I am surprised you guys passed it all 4 times there.

I think the entire 9er nation was yelling run the ball, at least that was what the 9ers station and forum was yelling. Still I think you guys should have ran the ball during that 2nd to last procession when you was on the goal line. I am telling you all of niner nation thought the game was lost. People were like...."here goes another let down". So you had us on our heals and we were in the perfect defense for a rb draw. I am surprised you guys passed it all 4 times there.
I really don't understand why we didn't run the ball at the 1yd line for that 2nd to last drive. Yeah our running game was garbage, but the passing game wasn't any better. Had Chip called for the ball to be ran in that final goalline drive, I think we would've won. The problem is we don't have a real FB, McCoy/Sproles can't muscle their way in there as they're more elusive RBs compared to say, Gore, who is head down and run through. Either way our chances of winning would've gone up if a run was decided, but nope, pass pass pass, all day.

It's just so damn frustrating that for 80% of the field the Eagles can be amazing on offense, but once we get into that red zone, it's a crapshoot. Same problem as last season. You can only blame the lack of an O-line for so much, but that possible gamewinning drive was called terribly once we got into the red zone.

It was an ugly game, period.

I really don't understand why we didn't run the ball at the 1yd line for that 2nd to last drive. Yeah our running game was garbage, but the passing game wasn't any better. Had Chip called for the ball to be ran in that final goalline drive, I think we would've won. The problem is we don't have a real FB, McCoy/Sproles can't muscle their way in there as they're more elusive RBs compared to say, Gore, who is head down and run through. Either way our chances of winning would've gone up if a run was decided, but nope, pass pass pass, all day.

It's just so damn frustrating that for 80% of the field the Eagles can be amazing on offense, but once we get into that red zone, it's a crapshoot. Same problem as last season. You can only blame the lack of an O-line for so much, but that possible gamewinning drive was called terribly once we got into the red zone.

It was an ugly game, period.

I would have gave it to McCoy he would have muscled it in for sure. Again we was in base D not goal line. In fact our linebackers were 4-5 yards off the ball so a draw would have done us in. Any way on to the next, fortunately you guys play in the NFC east where Washington is out, the Giants are going to be a second half of the season team, and Dallas is as hot and cold as Romo leads them. So you guys just need to stay on the gas.

I would have gave it to McCoy he would have muscled it in for sure. Again we was in base D not goal line. In fact our linebackers were 4-5 yards off the ball so a draw would have done us in. Any way on to the next, fortunately you guys play in the NFC east where Washington is out, the Giants are going to be a second half of the season team, and Dallas is as hot and cold as Romo leads them. So you guys just need to stay on the gas.
Yeah, oh well. Just terrible play calling costed us the game. All this talk of how Chip actually like to run the ball and when running the ball is the best option, he chooses to call a throw play. Like I said, very frustrating.

And yeah lucky Eagles are in the NFC East, but hopefully if we make the playoffs, we can make some noise.

Bit off topic, but:
I actually drove by Levi stadium today and just from looking at it, it looks very nice. It truly is night and day compared to Candlestick. I didn't realize how close I really live to it and actually wouldn't mind parking at friend's (who lives even closer) and just walking to a game or event there. I know they offer tours of the place, but I'm not about to pay for a tour of it either.

Philly just aint right

barkley-head-shake-o.gif

I never thought I would say it, but the Cowboys are the best team in the NFL right now.

Damn....Cruz is done for the season. Always terrible to see players go down like that, a no contact injury especially. Speedy recovery Cruz.

I never thought I would say it, but the Cowboys are the best team in the NFL right now.

I'd say second best, behind the Chargers.
Not to say I said so, but several posts up I did say Seattle defense was vulnerable. They've gotten so used to being up on the score they couldn't handle their own game plan used against them. Dallas looked very polished on offense against a Seahawks defense that I'll go on record as saying is overrated this year. Dallas defense, without its super stars looked like they can beat anyone, even Manning, on any given Sunday. As long as Jerry keeps his nose out of the game plan Cowboys will go deep in the playoffs, finally living up to their potential.

Back