anybody know when verizon galaxy nexus is getting the official jelly bean update

Some people don't want to flash.

I came here because I was wondering if they even remembered they had the Galaxy Nexus. Good to hear they are within a few months of really rolling it out.:blink:

Some people don't want to flash.

I came here because I was wondering if they even remembered they had the Galaxy Nexus. Good to hear they are within a few months of really rolling it out.:blink:
QFT

I will not root any of my phones again. My OG droid acted weird after I rooted it. I didn't even flash a ROM on it. I bricked an old MID tablet too. I'll wait for my updates thank you very much.

QFT

I will not root any of my phones again. My OG droid acted weird after I rooted it. I didn't even flash a ROM on it. I bricked an old MID tablet too. I'll wait for my updates thank you very much.

You were doing it wrong! :p

Though I know it will fall on deaf ears, I sent an email to VZW expressing my disgust with their lack of proper and timely updating for the Nexus. Maybe if they start seeing an influx of angry emails on this issue......?

It's starting to seem that Verizon as a whole is really starting to lack in the customer service area. Unfortunate because my dad works for them...also unfortunate because their actual services are very good...good wireless coverage (at least around my area), good TV/internet/phone offerings...but pricing and customer service really isn't all that.

That's probably why they think they can get away with this nonsense. All the other carriers are junk compared to them.

And another example...earlier this week I scheduled an appointment for FiOS to be installed at the apartment I just moved to. They scheduled me between 11-2 and said the tech would call half an hour prior to arrival. So I left work at 10:45, came home and waited...and waited...1:50 rolls around and I finally get the tech's call. Said he'd be arriving WITHIN THE HOUR. ??? Showed up at 2:35 and was done by 3:15. So much for that 11-2 window. Thank goodness I didn't schedule the afternoon window or else I wouldn't have been hooked up till 6 pm or so.

What really bothers me too is their complete silence regarding this whole update. No estimates... No response considering this is the last galaxy nexus to get the update. Just complete disregard for their customers. At least shoot out a press release saying they're currently in the testing phase and hope to have the update by whatever date.

What really bothers me too is their complete silence regarding this whole update. No estimates... No response considering this is the last galaxy nexus to get the update. Just complete disregard for their customers. At least shoot out a press release saying they're currently in the testing phase and hope to have the update by whatever date.

This isn't really anything new with Verizon. There has never been any prior communication from them stating when to expect the update. Just one day, out of the blue, they'll post a page on the site stating that an update for the device is coming soon (never gives a date) and what features it will have. NEVER have they said "We expect to push this out in the next 2 months" or whatever. As far back as me owning my LG Dare 4 years ago...no prior mention of an update. I've always found out about these things online.

This isn't really anything new with Verizon. There has never been any prior communication from them stating when to expect the update. Just one day, out of the blue, they'll post a page on the site stating that an update for the device is coming soon (never gives a date) and what features it will have. NEVER have they said "We expect to push this out in the next 2 months" or whatever. As far back as me owning my LG Dare 4 years ago...no prior mention of an update. I've always found out about these things online.
+1

Verizon does everything they can to keep their customers out of the loop til the last minute. That's why when I got my Nexus I had never relied on Verizon to provide the "Nexus experience". I had relied on the dev community before the phone even released, heck they had a ROM available a week before the phone officially released iirc. It's a shame how badly Verizon has botched the Nexus, they could've had something special as the first carrier with the Nexus, but they played it wrong from the start.

QFT

I'm a complete noob at rooting and ROM'ing and updated my Nexus to JB today. Waited for the Verizon OTA for ICS and really didn't want to wait until the holidays before seeing JB (given how great it's supposed to be). So far, so good. It's nice having a device with such a great dev community and not having to rely on the carrier for any meaningful support.

I'm a complete noob at rooting and ROM'ing and updated my Nexus to JB today. Waited for the Verizon OTA for ICS and really didn't want to wait until the holidays before seeing JB (given how great it's supposed to be). So far, so good. It's nice having a device with such a great dev community and not having to rely on the carrier for any meaningful support.

Nice work big Ern! Better to flash the update then to wait and hate!

Interesting...this is the response I received today:

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless customer service. My name is Carlos and I am truly sorry to hear you are frustrating because our Nexus phones has not been updated with the most recent operating system. I would be frustrated too, if I can't use the features that the new software offers.

Frank, I understand you position and quite frankly I am desperate too to have the Jelly Bean operating system on my phone. I know how important is for you to have your phone updated with the Android 4.1 operating system, however upper management has not set a date when the update will be pushed to all Nexus users. I will be submitting feedback to upper management about y our concern, as I have done with email similar remails I have received about the Android 4.1 inquiries. I am confident we will have our phones update very soon. On behalf of the Verizon Wireless team, I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Also thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless. Enjoy your weekend!

Sincerely,

Carlos

I really don't anticipate anything coming out of this but I did shoot a response back further expressing our frustration in how poorly Verizon has treated the Nexus, and how untimely they have been with updates.

gernerttl said:
That's great. But Verizon never sent the OTA for IMM76Q. The person who received JB OTA is probably a tester. If that is true, then the next step is a soak test to a few thousand people, then the mass OTA.

well I never said it was being sent as an OTA ;-)

No what the articles were referring to is a method to download JB early by going directly through Google (it's Google's servers you're communicating with). I did say that this leak means the official OTA shouldn't be far of though.

From my Eris (rooted 2.1) using Droid Forums

Scoured around a little bit and found an XDA thread that seems to confirm a few people got the update today as well. Finally Verizon decided to wake up. This is interesting though because reports had surfaced that there would be another ICS OTA prior to the JB OTA.

Back