Blue Energy Theme for FROYO (Android 2.2)

In installed 1.0.5 and I'm having a problem with Maps. I followed the instructions in the OP, but I still have a problem. The system doesn't think Maps is installed, and if I download it from the market, the installation fails.

On the up side, my clock works correctly now when the Droid is docked!

That's good to hear about the dock.

Ill have to figure this out about maps, the problems is I fixed it on my phone and downloaded the new version so I never had the Maps.apk that was part of froyo. So whenever I apply the theme it just restores he market version of maps afterwards, which doesn't break the theme. I was orignally was trying to make this easier for everyone so you guys wouldn't have to do the maps fix on your own...but it may be harder this way.

Ill fix it whem I get home from this birthday party, boss's orders..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

LOL Love it! those of us who are married definitely know WHO the boss is! Can I use the Maps fix that is out there for the original Froyo maps issue? I'll try it and see if it works and let you know.

Have fun at the birthday party! My boss wants me to help pack a couple care packages for our son in Afghanistan. Family activities are DEFINITELY more important than Droid issues! (Did I really just say that? ;) )

fwiw there are a lot of people that really like how attentive you are, job well done if that helps :)

Market seems to still not work. Just gets stuck at "starting download"

This Market is going to be the end of me..

Is my market the only one that works? Now I know what that mechanic meant when he told me he couldn't fix my car because he couldn't duplicate the problem. I yelled at him too I think.
Just to let you know....I have absolutely ZERO problems.

Hell, I can't remember ever having a flawless market. But no matter what weird stuff it does do (I.e. says "start download" or "initializing") it always gets the job done at some point. My friend that has had a G1 since it came out said that the market has always had problems.

I did the clear data/cache of the market app method and it worked for me. May be worth putting in the OP.

just did 105 install and also maps is "gone" from system. did not try any adb stuff yet, just restored to 1041 backup just done.

OK back from the birthday party, about to work on Maps issue here in a few minutes. Hopefully I don't just have to go back to the old way I had it. Will be doing that along with my open book Natural Disasters quiz that I put off all week..haha

Good luck me, for the maps and the quiz.

what beuatiful widgets skin are you using with the blue haze/outline around the numbers?

Thanks for the great work. I love being able to read my text messages in the notification bar since the white letters! Thanks for all your hard work. Best theme available!!!

Ok, so question for you guys. I still can't seem to make my maps go disappear like some of you have been reporting. Here are some of the things that I have tried.

Install fresh copy of Froyo, don't do the adb Maps fix and install theme. Result - Maps still there but need to delete Maps.apk from /system to login.

Install fresh copy of Froyo, DO the Maps fix and download the version of Maps from the market. Result - Maps is still there, and themed even though there is a copy in data/app and system/app.

Install fresh copy of Froyo, Delete Maps altogether and don't download Maps from the market. Result - Maps is still there after install.

Install fresh copy of Froyo, Wipe Data, let applications restore, install theme. Result Maps still there, but need to delete maps.apk from /system/app to login.

These steps were taken from the Clockwork and SPRecovery versions.

So the question is, should I just go back to the previous way that I had it, or keep it this way. Is there anyone else out there the Maps IS working on, or is my phone just a freak?

My maps wasn't working either. The only solution I found to get it to work was to leave /system/apps/maps.apk and remove /system/apps/com.google.android.apps.maps-1.apk. Don't know if that's any help but I tried it the other way first and that didn't work. I also wasn't able to install from market either.

Edit: Just to clarify, when I said maps wasn't working, I meant it wasn't showing up (like it wasn't installed). Thanks for all the hard work, love this theme.

Last edited:
Back