Blue Energy Theme for FROYO (Android 2.2)

I haven't installed 105 yet....will do it now and report back.

Wish me luck.

Droid does....so does kook

Ok....I was able to duplicate the error and fix it. But it is not themed. Here's what I did. Keep in mind, I have never had any problems with Robert's themes.

I installed everything using clockwork.

1. Wiped everything
2. Install latest Bugless Froyo (maps ok)
3. Install Flash update (maps ok)
4. Install 1.1ghz kernel (maps ok)
5. Install BE 105 (maps broken)
6. Install Market fix by Bgill (maps ok) (not themed)
7. Install LauncherPro theme (maps broken)
8. Install Market fix by Bgill (maps ok) (not themed)

Both times the maps got fixed, it showed as not installed in the market, but it showed up in the launcher and I was able to use it.

Don't know what it means, but maybe it can help you guys figure out the problem and hopefully a solution.

Now going to reload my latest backup ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Oh yeah....mototorch is broken too.... :(

Thanks bro....I'll look into it. But I never intended on keeping this version. Just wanted to see what happens.

Droid does....so does kook

first, everything is done using clockworks.
heres what I had done, full format of everything, all partitions, etc. systemm was as clean as I could make it.
install froyo from link here on DF (latest one) then 125-1000 p3 kernel, then installed 1041. maps work but market shows the install error. I then installed launcher pro (NO theme, stock lp) and still market shows map error.
I then applied market fix from first post here and no change. I then fix maps using adb cmds below as they are only ones that ever worked for me.
adb kill-server
adb root
adb remount
adb shell rm /system/app/Maps.apk
exit
adb uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps

ok everything working and am on 1041 at this point.

I then applied 105 direct over this and maps issue is back. I did not fix using abd as I wanted to see if rolling back to 1041 through backup done just before 105 fixed it, and it did.
reapply 105 and same issue, so i just rolled back again to wait and see.

edit: forgot to add I can fix using adb if you think that would help narrow it down.
as always, whatever I can do to help I will try to do :)

edit 2: I also tried bugless beast earlier in that day and maps were broken right from the start.
I wonder if different phones have some sort of revision differences internally affecting this.

Last edited:
ok tried 105 and tried fixing maps with above adb and it fails.
tried deleting using root explorer and fail.
with 105 I have NO maps.
back to last nights backup while I think LOL

in my opinion leaving the maps as they were in 1041 is best bet as it CAN easily be fixed by user, this gives us benefits of both 105 and maps..

in my opinion leaving the maps as they were in 1041 is best bet as it CAN easily be fixed by user, this gives us benefits of both 105 and maps..

Thanks dmac once again big help. Uploading the old maps way and will have it up shortly.

Sorry guys for the frustration, I was really trying to make it easier, but it seems my phone IS a freak..lol

Oh yeah....mototorch is broken too.... :(

Try TeslaLED
like 3x brighter than mototorch

BTW if you guys haven't tried this, WTH I'm seeing spots now, don't look into it it IS really about 3X brighter than moto torch

Thanks dmac once again big help. Uploading the old maps way and will have it up shortly.

Sorry guys for the frustration, I was really trying to make it easier, but it seems my phone IS a freak..lol

no frustration here, me and my buddy are glad to help as it helps us too :)
wish I could do more.

wish I could do more.

Ok it's up, try that sir

doing a backup and then trying it out :)

wish I could do more.

Ok it's up, try that sir

Back