Blue Energy Theme for FROYO (Android 2.2)

Actually.....

STOPPP..lol

I tested these themes on SS and they weren't working just bootloops. I am trying to decide to make yet another special version for SS...but

As you know Froyo source will be out soon and I am sure Chevy along with Cyanogen will be going that route so I don't want to make that version is it's going to be obsolete soon...or do I

Anyone else want to see this for SS 4.1?

I can say that I just switched to ss4.1 and it is ridiculous fast, but I still like your theme the best. I had switched themes because every time I turned the phone off and back on again in the morning, I would lose the prolauncher 0.6 and your updated theme for it, so I would have to redownload the newest prolauncher and reinstall your zip for prolauncher.

I am gonna stick with ss4.1 but would love your theme on it if I could figure out the prolauncher issue.

Lewis

Sounds like the phone is fighting for an update w launcher pro. First if you had it installed before applying the update.zip, it will update and break the theme. Has launcherpro been updated again. I will check. I don't actually use launcher pro anymore like I've said in the past but someone usually let's me know when it updates..lol

Btw, not that I find anything wrong with lp, I just like some of the extras on adw.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I just installed Simply Stunning 4.1 and the only thing I now would like is a choice of themes. It's interesting you can't use the Blue Energy version for BB on SS, my first flash of Simply Stunning was over BB 0.2.1 with no theme and while it ran nice something wasn't right.
So I wiped everything 3X and flashed Simply Stunning again and it is the most polished Froyo Rom you can run.
So yes RobertJ port us some themes for Simply Stunning!

purple passion update.zip problem

I am running BBvo.2.1, I have down loaded the Purple Passion theme zip, unzipped, and placed that folder into into my root, renamed update.zip and costantly get error. I do have the rom manager but never updated that way.
Umm, ive been reading through posts and see that people were having problems, am I to blame or is there a trick

I am running BBvo.2.1, I have down loaded the Purple Passion theme zip, unzipped, and placed that folder into into my root, renamed update.zip and costantly get error. I do have the rom manager but never updated that way.
Umm, ive been reading through posts and see that people were having problems, am I to blame or is there a trick

Hmm, let me take a look at it when I get home in about twenty minutes. Ill pm you when I get it sorted out. :)

I just installed Simply Stunning 4.1 and the only thing I now would like is a choice of themes. It's interesting you can't use the Blue Energy version for BB on SS, my first flash of Simply Stunning was over BB 0.2.1 with no theme and while it ran nice something wasn't right.
So I wiped everything 3X and flashed Simply Stunning again and it is the most polished Froyo Rom you can run.

Yeah it is interesting that the BB version won't run. Ill get the SS version up tonight when I get a chance. :)

cool, i dont want to have to go back to 2.1. I was just about to smack the phone around cause Ive done update.zips b4 and couldnt figure out why it wont work. If I have to do the clockwork update, do i put it in clockworkfolder? If so which one or do I just put it in as its own folder

I just tested out the SP zip on SPRecovery, it installs just fine. So..just to be sure we are on the same page.

Download the zip file
rename to update.zip
put on root of sd card
reboot into recovery
choose install
choose allow update.zip
install update.zip

If you are doing these steps try redownloading the file, it could be corrupt.

Ok, I will re download zip. Im following steps correctly. After I download zip I am unzipping then putting on sd card root........Am I not supposed to unzip? It was a little late when I did last night

Doesn't matter anymore, to many times it just reboots on its own. I know this experimental so ill wait till its a stable version

Yeah,only do what you're comfortable doing. I've had it installed a few days now and have had absolutely no problems. His work is solid. Just remember that many of these devs are going to say their stuff is experimental as a way to let you know that if it doesn't work right you don't need to come back screamin and yelling or whatever. Also, if you always make a nandroid backup before making any changes there's almost 0% chance of you having any really difficult problems.

Edit:
Doesn't matter anymore, to many times it just reboots on its own. I know this experimental so ill wait till its a stable version

What exactly did you do right before you got into boot loops? Did you only install the theme or did you upgrade your Android? And did you use SirPsychoS or ClockWork Mod recovery? If you want to, we can get into an IRC channel and I'll walk you through it. I'm sure it's just one tiny little thing you missed.

Last edited:

Got Blue Energy running on SS 4.1, the other versions will be out today!

Back