[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

I flashed cm9 successfully after sbf to .602. Is it better to flash over .605? Is it worth sbfing again to get .605?

Nope, no reason to go to 605 . The only real difference between the two was a keyboard fix on 605 so it's no real benefit. Next time you need to sbf you can do the 605 if you want but I wouldn't waste my time doing it now. You won't notice any difference at all.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Alrighht folks, relative noob here. I flashed liberty 2.0.1 maybe a year ago, got lazy, and have not messed with it since. I'm still running froyo 2.2.1 and my device has never been on gingerbread. My contract on this x is over in a couple of months though, so I'm looking to flash this beta of cm. My question is, how would I go about doing this? Do I need to sbf to .605? At what point do I factory reset and flash the cm ROM? Apparently I'm now supposed to use a droid 2 boot loader? I'm confused as to the steps of this process. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Oh before you sbf go ahead and flash the new 15p baseband. It can only be flashed on froyo. Use your droidx bootstrap to get in recovery and flash http://www.mediafire.com/?w58iyqxo3qo7rm4 no wipes needed then sbf using kids ISO 4.5.605. After your rooted use droid2 bootstrap to install cm9. You can use droidx bootstrap but go in settings and unchecked USB debugging before using droidx bootstrap on gingerbread.

Savagerun said:
Have you changed your LCD density? If so change it back to 240 also clear the data in your play store app.

I tried everything. Flashing the rom again and I didn't change the density. It also got really buggy all of a sudden. Lagging and other stuff. I have been running this cm9 rom for about 3 months and it has gotten worse since the last update. I'm back on liberty 2.0 with no problems. I may just hang in there till they get finished working on this. I love ics and cm9. Keep up the good work 13th angel

Last edited:
Wanted to drop a few bug reports.

Aldiko in daytime mode menu is artifacted. Hard to explain but it doesn't render the menu right. Night mode works fine.
Official Tivo app, seems to work but times out entering the media access key.

Likely known:
Bar code scanning apps tend to be hit and miss. Lose it crashes trying but the bard code app from Zxing team launches fine but just can't scan. I am assuming this is relating to bar code.

I need some help. I have rooted an old Droid X and installed a couple of working roms using the bootstrapo and clockwork recovery, but after loading this CM9 build i am stuck in a boootloop, and cant get back to recovery. When i first installed it things worked fine, and the system performed. but when i went back to flash gapps, i could not get into the clockwork recovery. now i am in a boot loop continuously showing the CM9 skateboarder screen.
Any idea how to enter clockwork recovery from here. I can enter the standard recovery, but i can accomplish anything from ther, because it tells me that every licence not verified.

Help. thanks.

When you enter stock recovery by holding home button then holding power button and pressing in both volume buttons when you see the triangle on the screen are you able to select wipe data /factory reset? If so do that. Use your volume buttons to scroll and power button to select.

I have no problem getting to the Android Recovery screen. I have wiped and cleared data and cache's a number of times. And when i reboot it starts with the google screen(maybe ten fifteen seconds), then on to the CM9 boarder, and there it sits. What other ideas?

Sounds like your gonna have to sbf. What did you use to get in clockwork recovery when you tried to flash gapps?

Koush's bootstrap. That bites that i have to SBF again. I had to do it yesterday for what i thought were other reasons, but i found my problem elsewhere. (the whole bootstrap thing, i was just trying to use clockwork recovery, but it wouldn't enter then either. so i downloaded the bootstrap, and everything was working fine.) I had vortex on my phone, no problem. i had SSX, and no problems. CM9 worked fine when i first flashed it. I should never have gone back for gapps i guess, but i needed the play market to download titanium where i have some apps backed up that i wanted to restore. bummer.

(i never got to flash gapps though. it never made it back to recovery)

That's what i thought. You can't use the bootstrap app once your on cm9 or any other 2nd init rom. Recovery is built into the power button on cm9. All you had to do was long press the power button and you would of gotten a menu and then just selected recovery. After you sbf again just flash the cm9 rom and gapps all in the same session before exiting clockwork recovery. Then once on cm9 do not use the bootstrap app just press your power button to select recovery if you need to get in clockwork recovery again.

SBF'ing now back to 602. Que Sera Sera.
Not sure i will come back to CM9 or not. I was very happy with Vortex, but just wanted to mess around with some other ROMs.
Is there a good reason to use this CM9, or should i just stick with Vortex. Or is there a better Rom out there.
I am mostly using it as a gaming phone for my son, and a ROM toy for myself. So phone and text and the like do not need to work. the camera is a must however. Thoughts?
And thanks for the Help?

Last edited:
Quick question - is it possible in cm9 to get the dx to vibrate when a google talk message is received? I found that to get the phone to vibrate when a text message is received, there's a sub menu in the text message inbox that allows you to turn on vibrate for text messages, but haven't been able to find any equivalent menu for google talk. Right now when I put my phone into vibrate mode, incoming google talk messages do not cause the phone to vibrate.

Back