[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

Alright. pulled battery. rebooted, same bootloop. pulled battery again, entered android recovery, and wiped what i could. then rebooted. Now all seems fine. can't imagine what he problem was, but regardless AOKP is alive and running on my X.
Which launcher should i use. i see it comes with one called nova which i have never used, and the other is their version of a stock launcher. are there any advantages to either?

Sorry didn't get back to you sooner but the first boot does take a long time but glad to hear it went fine. I used apex launcher when i was on aokp. Try them out and see what you like. Im working so it may take a while for me to get back to you if you have any questions.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

No worries. I appreciate the help, and sometimes you just need to try things yourself. Luckily it worked out for me. I have little fear of anything now since i can always sbf. I have read that if you get to a certain upgrade point you cant sbf back. Is it possible for any of the ROMs to update my phone past the point of SBFing. Is that something I should worry about. Or am i safe since i wont be accepting any OTA updates.

You don't have to worry while your on a custom rom of getting a ota update cuz it's not gonna happen so your safe. The 4.5.621 ota update is the one where things get a little more tricky as far as gaining root again and flashing certain roms but like i said your fine.

Does anyone know if there is a ICS rom for the X2 that isnt the miuiv4 rom? I have the X and am using this rom but cant seem to find one for the x2 for a buddy of mine.

Hoping for a new updated release soon, It keeps getting better, i can tell its getting pretty close, so many props to 13th angel.

Anyway would like to report that i dont believe firefox beta works correctly on this rom.

ok love this rom i have only one problem mabee i haven't looked into good enough but can you set apps storage location? or is that still in the works?

No worries. I appreciate the help, and sometimes you just need to try things yourself. Luckily it worked out for me. I have little fear of anything now since i can always sbf. I have read that if you get to a certain upgrade point you cant sbf back. Is it possible for any of the ROMs to update my phone past the point of SBFing. Is that something I should worry about. Or am i safe since i wont be accepting any OTA updates.

You don't have to worry while your on a custom rom of getting a ota update cuz it's not gonna happen so your safe. The 4.5.621 ota update is the one where things get a little more tricky as far as gaining root again and flashing certain roms but like i said your fine.

To elaborate on Savagerun's response a bit, the 4.5.621 release DOES have an sbf file. Once you go to .621, however, you cannot sbf back to anything earlier than .621. There are some zips that will upgrade you to the .621 kernel (which means you are stuck with .621), but I have not seen any ROMs that have this built in, and I doubt there will be.

Like savagerun said, .621 can be rooted and you can install 1st roms on it, but it gets a bit tricky. Once you are rooted, 2nd-init roms (includes all ICS roms) are the same as before.

JumperPunk said:
To elaborate on Savagerun's response a bit, the 4.5.621 release DOES have an sbf file. Once you go to .621, however, you cannot sbf back to anything earlier than .621. There are some zips that will upgrade you to the .621 kernel (which means you are stuck with .621), but I have not seen any ROMs that have this built in, and I doubt there will be.

Like savagerun said, .621 can be rooted and you can install 1st roms on it, but it gets a bit tricky. Once you are rooted, 2nd-init roms (includes all ICS roms) are the same as before.

You can sbf to earlier ones after going to .621... use the linux disc (cant remember actual name of method or who created it) to get back to .604 and once there you can sbf to anything.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid Forums

You can sbf to earlier ones after going to .621... use the linux disc (cant remember actual name of method or who created it) to get back to .604 and once there you can sbf to anything.

My understanding was that you could flash the MX .604 to get root, but still couldn't get back to the DX .605. I may look into that (I'm already on .621).

My understanding was that you could flash the MX .604 to get root, but still couldn't get back to the DX .605. I may look into that (I'm already on .621).

You are correct, you can't go back.

Savagerun said:
You are correct, you can't go back.

I was able to flash to whatever i wanted after using linux boot disc to get to .604

I was able to flash to whatever i wanted after using linux boot disc to get to .604

Yes you can flash roms but try to sbf to 605,602 or 340 you can't.

Yes you can flash roms but try to sbf to 605,602 or 340 you can't.

That's interesting, Wolf. My understanding was was that you had to flash a special version of the 1st-init roms so that it would not overwrite some of the stuff that makes it incompatible with .621. When you tried to flash something after going to .604, did you try sbf or a zip? If a zip, where did you get it from and did you modify it after downloading?

That's interesting, Wolf. My understanding was was that you had to flash a special version of the 1st-init roms so that it would not overwrite some of the stuff that makes it incompatible with .621. When you tried to flash something after going to .604, did you try sbf or a zip? If a zip, where did you get it from and did you modify it after downloading?

There's a list of first init roms that have already been patched to work. You'll find them here
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/g...m-thread-blur-based-roms-those-621-604-a.html I never heard of being able to install these roms any other way besides being patched unless I missed some new info. The 2nd init roms can be installed without being patched.

Back