[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

JumperPunk said:
That's interesting, Wolf. My understanding was was that you had to flash a special version of the 1st-init roms so that it would not overwrite some of the stuff that makes it incompatible with .621. When you tried to flash something after going to .604, did you try sbf or a zip? If a zip, where did you get it from and did you modify it after downloading?

After using Linux CD to get to .604 I used rsdlite and sbf flashed .605 with no problem without any modifications. I know some people may not believe me... but ask me if I care.

There's a list of first init roms that have already been patched to work. You'll find them here
[ROMs] Multi-ROM Thread - Blur-Based ROMs for those on .621/.604! I never heard of being able to install these roms any other way besides being patched unless I missed some new info. The 2nd init roms can be installed without being patched.
I am aware of these pre-patched files. That's why I asked where he got the zips he flashed.

After using Linux CD to get to .604 I used rsdlite and sbf flashed .605 with no problem without any modifications. I know some people may not believe me... but ask me if I care.
Just for clarification, were you on .621 before youd sbf'd (via the linux disk) to .604? If you were on .621, how did you get there? Did you sbf, take the OTA update, or find a zip to upgrade? Did you use the OTA root keeper (I don't see how that would make a difference, but I'm just trying to figure out where your magic came from)?

And for something more on topic to this thread, I've tried some of the unreleased builds for CM9 where 13th Angel and jonman have been working on the hardware acceleration. It is looking pretty sweet. Obviously, it is still buggy (thus the unreleased bit), but it is exciting to see the progress being made. More props to the devs!

Note:
This post is intended to be in a friendly tone. I feel like it lost that some when I removed the emoticons.

Last edited:
I am aware of these pre-patched files. That's why I asked where he got the zips he flashed.

Just for clarification, were you on .621 before youd sbf'd (via the linux disk) to .604? If you were on .621, how did you get there? Did you sbf, take the OTA update, or find a zip to upgrade? Did you use the OTA root keeper (I don't see how that would make a difference, but I'm just trying to figure out where your magic came from)?

And for something more on topic to this thread, I've tried some of the unreleased builds for CM9 where 13th Angel and jonman have been working on the hardware acceleration. It is looking pretty sweet. Obviously, it is still buggy (thus the unreleased bit), but it is exciting to see the progress being made. More props to the devs!

Note:
This post is intended to be in a friendly tone. I feel like it lost that some when I removed the emoticons.

I got my sbf files from here https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-x-sbf-files
I was on a older rooted GB, downloaded .621 from the link above not heeding the warning and then couldn't root and was pissed. So I found the Linux disc method of going to .604 and rooting. After going to .604 I then downloaded the .605 sbf file from above link and used rsdlite to flash the .605 sbf and then started playing with ICS roms.

I got my sbf files from here https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-x-sbf-files
I was on a older rooted GB, downloaded .621 from the link above not heeding the warning and then couldn't root and was pissed. So I found the Linux disc method of going to .604 and rooting. After going to .604 I then downloaded the .605 sbf file from above link and used rsdlite to flash the .605 sbf and then started playing with ICS roms.

That is really interesting. I'm guessing you flashed .621 with rsdlite? I'm going to have to go read some more of the forums on rootzwiki and see if anyone else is aware of this or has tried it. When I have some more time ill give it a go myself just for kicks. I'm actually quite happy with running on the .621 base, but I'm really curious now. I intentionally went to .621 by using an sbf without using root-keeper because I wanted to be ready for a worst case scenario, so I'm not too worried about messing something up.

JumperPunk said:
That is really interesting. I'm guessing you flashed .621 with rsdlite? I'm going to have to go read some more of the forums on rootzwiki and see if anyone else is aware of this or has tried it. When I have some more time ill give it a go myself just for kicks. I'm actually quite happy with running on the .621 base, but I'm really curious now. I intentionally went to .621 by using an sbf without using root-keeper because I wanted to be ready for a worst case scenario, so I'm not too worried about messing something up.

Yes to rsdlite with .621

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid Forums

@wolfballz:

So I tried flashing to .605 and it definitely did not work for me. Here is my experience:

- From .605, I SBF'd .621 via RSD lite.
- used Linux to flash/root the MX .604
- installed cwm to flash the .604 to .621 update, cm9 (and a host of other rom stuff). This is where I started when experimenting with going back to .605
- attempted to flash .605. failed.
- flashed .621 with rsdlite, .604 with linux, attempted .605. This also failed.

So I am sticking with .621 (even if I had a choice, I probably would) and continuing to root and rom that.

Not sure exactly what your experience was, but apparently mine was different.

@wolfballz:

So I tried flashing to .605 and it definitely did not work for me. Here is my experience:

- From .605, I SBF'd .621 via RSD lite.
- used Linux to flash/root the MX .604
- installed cwm to flash the .604 to .621 update, cm9 (and a host of other rom stuff). This is where I started when experimenting with going back to .605
- attempted to flash .605. failed.
- flashed .621 with rsdlite, .604 with linux, attempted .605. This also failed.

So I am sticking with .621 (even if I had a choice, I probably would) and continuing to root and rom that.

Not sure exactly what your experience was, but apparently mine was different.

I sbf'd .621 from the link I posted earlier without heeding the warnings about root and supposedly not flashing back to anything earlier. After not rooting .621 and not looking to hard for another way I used linux disc and got it to .604 without rooting. Then sbf'd to .605 and then rooted that.

I sbf'd .621 from the link I posted earlier without heeding the warnings about root and supposedly not flashing back to anything earlier. After not rooting .621 and not looking to hard for another way I used linux disc and got it to .604 without rooting. Then sbf'd to .605 and then rooted that.

After I flashed .621, it should have been essentially the same thing that you did. idk why it worked for you. Consider yourself lucky.

Found that link on Rootz starting from this page
CyanogenMod 9 [UNOFFICIAL] [Beta] (4/24) - Droid X Development - RootzWiki - Page 634
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Is this an official release or another unstable one (or do you know?)

As for changes, some things I had seen in the other unstable builds posted since the last stable includes theme support, partial hwa, and a few other placeholder stubs filled in.

Thanks for the update!

Anyone tried it yet? Would like to know the same info as JumperPunk.

Is this an official release or another unstable one (or do you know?)

As for changes, some things I had seen in the other unstable builds posted since the last stable includes theme support, partial hwa, and a few other placeholder stubs filled in.

Thanks for the update!

Its not official.

X

Anyone tried it yet? Would like to know the same info as JumperPunk.

Its not official.

It may not be official, but it does seem to be stable. Chrome is not working, so there is still work to be done on the hardware acceleration.
Another significant update is that it includes Apollo, CM9's new music app. Some of the lock screen options have also been redone. I think there were a few other major things over the last release, but I dont remember what they were. It might just be that I am enjoying using the LibertyGold theme kejar31 just fineshed a few days ago. It still needs some tweaks for the DX, but it is definitely a nice throwback to the liberty days.

Could someone verifiy if my thinking is correct? With boot manager I can set this ROM to the phone ROM and then add a stable GB rom in slot 1 to use as a daily driver.

Also, what is considered the most stable and complete GB ROM? Looking for something that has everything working (camera, video play...).

Thanks.

Back