[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

Could someone verifiy if my thinking is correct? With boot manager I can set this ROM to the phone ROM and then add a stable GB rom in slot 1 to use as a daily driver.

Also, what is considered the most stable and complete GB ROM? Looking for something that has everything working (camera, video play...).

Thanks.
That would work. CM7 or Wizards MIUI are the most stable IMO

X

JumperPunk said:
It may not be official, but it does seem to be stable. Chrome is not working, so there is still work to be done on the hardware acceleration.
Another significant update is that it includes Apollo, CM9's new music app. Some of the lock screen options have also been redone. I think there were a few other major things over the last release, but I dont remember what they were. It might just be that I am enjoying using the LibertyGold theme kejar31 just fineshed a few days ago. It still needs some tweaks for the DX, but it is definitely a nice throwback to the liberty days.

I know some people dont care if the video camera is working or not but in the 4/24 build it does and in this 5/29 build it doesnt. I've got a 5 year old and love taking vids of him of playing. Where are you guys getting themes for ICS?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid Forums

Also, what is considered the most stable and complete GB ROM? Looking for something that has everything working (camera, video play...).
That would work. CM7 or Wizards MIUI are the most stable IMO
My favorite GB ROM was Liberty3 2x. Lots of options. It was built from stock (things like camera and hwa tend to work better in these ROMs) and lets you chose between blur and asop on a few different things.

I know some people dont care if the video camera is working or not but in the 4/24 build it does and in this 5/29 build it doesnt. I've got a 5 year old and love taking vids of him of playing. Where are you guys getting themes for ICS?
Ah, I only use the still camera (which does work), not the video camera. Thanks for the info.

http://goo.gl/LQjcK
This is the theme I installed. It won't let me install from the market it while running CM9 (it complains about a compatibility issue). I downloaded it while running Gummy 1.2.0. When I switched back to CM9, I was sad to see that it wouldn't let me install. I was able to use Rom Toolbox to restore it from the nandroid backup I had made, and it let me install it from there. Now it is just a normal backup with all my other stuff. It definitely is more seamless in Gummy and is optimized for larger screens/devices (not all the elements are included for the DX).

It's $1.25. I normally don't pay for stuff (in fact, the only other thing I have bought is Rom Toolbox Pro), but Kejar31 has been a developer on lots of stuff that I have used (namely, Liberty), so I didn't mind giving a small donation,. Especially since in this case, I was following the development of the theme on kejar31's twitter feed and was really looking forward to installing it.

Did you happen to change your LCD density? That could cause apps to be incompatible, change the density back to 240 then clear your play market data and try again.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Savagerun said:
Did you happen to change your LCD density? That could cause apps to be incompatible, change the density back to 240 then clear your play market data and try again.

I havent ever tried changing my LCD density, what exactly will it do?

Changes the resolution and makes it look HD if its set higher

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

brad92 said:
Changes the resolution and makes it look HD if its set higher

Ok, thats kinda what i thought it would do. Will it make the phone run slower at all?

Ok, thats kinda what i thought it would do. Will it make the phone run slower at all?

No, but apps may not be compatible with it and it could give you problems.

I havent ever tried changing my LCD density, what exactly will it do?

I think Savagerun's question was actually directed at me. I have not intentionally changed my LCD density. *Checks settings* I am currently set to 240. Maybe Gummy has a different default?

*Plays with LCD density setting* :0 I can fit so much more on the screen! I may have to play with this.

Here's a pretty good video that explains changing density and he's using an app ive used in the past and it works great but if i remember correctly some of the ics roms have the option to change density in the roms settings. Not running an ics rom now so i can't confirm that. You can run into issues depending what you set your density at so you just have to play around with it to see what works for ya. Market and dialer problems are a couple issues you can have problems with. Here's the video [video=youtube;CDDphkmSQBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDDphkmSQBo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Very nice. I just used the build.prop editor in ROM Toolbox. I think the market just doesnt recognize that I have theme capability, because Gummy and CM9 were definitely using the default LCD Density. Gummy let me download the theme from the market and CM9 says incompatible. There is supposed to be an update to the theme, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that.

I have some more questions about LCD Density, but I have not done any research on it yet. I'll post back after doing some research.

Death

Does it have a ridiculously long first boot time, or did my phone brick lol?

Back